The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

started dg'ing with randoms in world 7 today, i found it fun so im gonna be doing more now.

Yeah, I've found that W7 actually isn't that bad as long as you avoid the parties that are obviously going to suck like the ones where the leader is a level 80 pure who is auto-spamming, or those elitists who say '100 cb minimum'. They may be slightly slower then the pro DG teams, but they're actually quite fun.

yeh i can probs finish faster than most teams i get but i just hate solo so much now.

whats better in dg. a frac 2h or fac maul, ive seen people using maul and it looks like its better than 2h imo

It's between spear and 2h, maul honestly isn't good, unless you plan on ONLY seeing skeletons in a dungeon...good luck with that though.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

So, I started a 5:5 F31 med on W7, it was a pretty good team but then 1 person had to go. Slowly we lost people until it was just me left. From the map, I could tell there were only 3 doors left to do. I figured I would try to finish it myself. First room was a few lvl 50's, killed them easy. Next room Mercenary room :wall: . I thought "I wonder if anyone's solo'd a T11 merc room in F2P". So I did. 1 hour later, I beat the room with only 1 death. Opened the boss room... skeltal hoarde :wall: . No pray left and no GP for food, but I'm going to do this! Will edit post when I win :razz:

EDIT: Boss room was not that bad only took 10-15 minutes. Died many times, but that's just because I forgot that prayer replenished on death so it never crossed my mind to pray <_< With pray, I probably could have gotten away with 1-2 deaths because most of the time closing a tunnel was a suicide run.

23452342342.jpg

how brave you are so far so good, but i think it is impossible to do it without any prayer and food. 5 ppl med, the boss must be very strong, divine for sure could not heal faster enough.

well, you could try die once again, to get back prayer, then go through every room to get all available resources.

you could hide at the corner, so reduce the number of them hitting you. but that will make her heal you slower.

"If there are no players within range of a skeleton, the skeleton in question would wander around until a player get into its range or was attacked"

use pray that hit you most hard, try not to let the skeletal melee pile on you, let them queue.

crucial point is when you go block, care for your hp, make sure it is near max before go block.

edit: you are silly man, the prayer icon is just below hp. man with prayer, it could be easier. but the difficulty is 5:5 ?

The new right-click update is annoying in fog :(

I'm pretty sure it's annoying everywhere... honestly, who needs to see the examines for items on the ground? Other then examining, it only helps if there are like more then 25 (?) items on the ground which is easy enough to pick up a few to see the bottom.

otm i hyt'ed you yesterday :( didnt hyt back :( :(

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Yeah, that was actually really fun. I think we make a pretty good team and ought to raid dungeons together more often!

That's the Dragoons to you. ;) Seriously though, I really need to work on my keying. Also I need to learn to not die either :P

Also, any tips on soloing 5:5 bosses? I want to give that a go someday :D

I'd be damn proud if anyone can solo the nightgazer on a 5:5.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

saggi on 5:5 is easy, just do what you normaly do and gate out for more pray if you need it.

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

How about eat your quality food outside of the boss. Eating food wastes hits you could have, and allows the boss to get free hits in.

Did a little bit of PVP yesterday, mostly no arms. Was fighting some punk, both of us had very high strength (95+). He hit for 250s early on with a scimitar early in the fight, so I was doing my best to keep my hp above 320 (eating a swordfish at ~250, pizza at ~280, ignoring 280+). I was also timing my hits with my eating, if I had him on a string of hits I would ignore my HP entirely. One point in the fight he hit for about 80, brining my HP down to 240. I hit a string of 200's, so he was comboing pizza and swordfish to stay alive. When I finally missed, I ate a swordfish. The guy called me a safer, because I ate at 240... when at any point in time 1 hit from his scimitar could've KO'd me.

Fight went on for a bit more, we were in sync. I hit for about 150, leaving his hp about 170. He hit for 60, leaving my hp about 230. I didn't switch weapons, he switched to a 2h. I hit first and KO'd him, he said he "risked it". Bull, he muffed the timing.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

for big bosses you could stand under them when you eat

he mad?

:( stupid dg bosses <_<

he mad?

That's what I LOVE about dg bosses. :D You can't just go in and whack the monsters with a stick, you actually need to plan a strategy.

Sagittare seems quite tough to solo though. I prayed magic, but that just made him use his range attacks which consistently hits 150+.

Is armor effective against blocking damage? I'm guessing no, but then again so many people want armor so much... and people waste bind slots on armor when they could have just used it on a hybrid style.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

what i always hear when ppl want or reached dungeon lvl 50 is to bind platebody, but the first thing cross my mind is to go hybrid.

best offense is the best defense, armor wont be any good if you cant or slower kill. although no doubt that armor did help, it is just not that significant. quality food can easily cover it.

and btw, full cloth or even full leather defence is too weak, when in combat, it doesn't feel like any difference. monster still able to hit through it like nothing is there.

that why i always spend the money on best food when face boss, any leftover only get armor.

i binded a leather body over plate and i think its better even though its -10 att bonus. will probs unbind for a staff / box after i get 65 rc

he mad?

That's what I LOVE about dg bosses. :D You can't just go in and whack the monsters with a stick, you actually need to plan a strategy.

Sagittare seems quite tough to solo though. I prayed magic, but that just made him use his range attacks which consistently hits 150+.

Is armor effective against blocking damage? I'm guessing no, but then again so many people want armor so much... and people waste bind slots on armor when they could have just used it on a hybrid style.

the best way to fight him is to pray mage and wear melee armor and melee using gate stones to get to him faster. Its not too hard to solo most bosses in dungtime but I rarely do larges anymore. I use a skiller and just duo meds or smalls because the chance of running into a mercenary is so much less.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

the best way to fight him is to pray mage and wear melee armor and melee using gate stones to get to him faster. Its not too hard to solo most bosses in dungtime but I rarely do larges anymore. I use a skiller and just duo meds or smalls because the chance of running into a mercenary is so much less.

Out of curiosity, how much exp did you get for those meds/smalls?

I'm still very doubtful that they are more xp/hr than rush keying larges, even with member doors in the way. I haven't seen a mercenary room in forever either. <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I'm still very doubtful that they are more xp/hr than rush keying larges, even with member doors in the way. I haven't seen a mercenary room in forever either. <_<

A 5:5 rush with 3 others and a leech, from floors 1-10, with two of the players (myself and another dragoon) not caring about their HP got on the order of 4-5k xp per small (unless there was a member room, then closer to 2-3k), and it took about 5 minutes per floor (ignoring monsters in non gd rooms). Thats better experience than most larges.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

idk I got around 60k exp in a pretty short time span. Really doing larges is much harder for me anyway because I don't like to stay on for much longer than 30 minutes at a time. As much as I dislike leeches when you get a skiller who is good I just have a blast.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

Damage Soaking and New Hit Splats

will defence skill finally have reduced damage coming soon? but one thing for sure is that we will have armor that will reduced the damage received soon and new hit splats that will make identify max hit splats and type of damage more easily.

and i looking forward for Christmas 2010 that will take place in Daemonheim.

i hope f2p only get a few high def req pieces / non at all

he mad?