The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

The titles at the end mean NOTHING about your Dungeoneering xp. They're just there for fun.

MVP means most xp :wink:

MVP means most valued player. Titles don't interact with your experience.

And thank god for that, because the MVP is rarely the most valued player.

The MVP is normally that guy who steals all the money and runs off to create full fractite.

O.O

Hey Greedy, I haven't actually tested it yet but here's the video that led me to believe it was 200.

He is indeed hitting 200 at minute 3.03.

In that case the wizard mindbomb doesn't give 9% extra, but 10%!

160 * (1 + 0.10 + 0.05 + 0.10) = 160 * 1.25 = 200

If that's true, the theoretical maximum hit with blastbox included is 250.

Never trust that barkeeper in falador! :rolleyes:

greedy44.png

In the above video, I didn't see him wearing any swa nky boots. Would that make any difference?

Nope. Magic accuracy does not affect damage in any way.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

i don't think the boost is 10%, as it is 3% per level, in m opinion the level boost acts above the equipment boost, so:

160 * ((1 + 0.10 + 0.05) * 1.09) = 200.56

i doubt that WMB give 10%. well, maybe this is the real formula, since i think i read it somewhere about multiply the added equipment first then only multiply added boost, after that rounded down.

since we already got all the numbers, it is just down to which formula is correct. but whatever the formula is, the biggest range of difference is just too small, it can be anywhere from lowest 198.4 to highest 201.432

difference of damage is so tiny that it dont even exist before LP update, so it can be ignored by most ppl as long as ones know it is somewhere around there, however there is ppl that do care about the number even it is down to decimal.

i would rather have some, lets say solid number of max damage written somewhere in the equipment stat tab or attack style tab when an autocast spell is selected than having to calculate this and that, that cause a lot of thing arise. we are just to trying to play not calculate.

Indeed I thought 10% initially but then I did the same calculation as mughinn, and it is still 9%.

Anyways, skillers do get 65K on a large but they usually get a bunch more than a combat... Maybe 60K for a level 125?

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

I have been thinking about dungeoneering again lately (when do I not? :P ), and thought about rushing and whatnot.

I'm curious as to why most people in f2p prefer to kill everything, as opposed to large rushing. I don't see how level mod is that significant - I always rush my keyed larges and still get around the same xp as killing everything. Even the Dragoons clan itself prefers to clear all rooms except dead ends, unless someone specifically states otherwise.

Basically in my view, only kill stuff you're supposed to (guardian, puzzle, pre-boss). Makes the dg faster and you don't gain as much combat xp. Especially important for folks like me with less than 90 combat (who train cb via dung).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I have been thinking about dungeoneering again lately (when do I not? :P ), and thought about rushing and whatnot.

I'm curious as to why most people in f2p prefer to kill everything, as opposed to large rushing. I don't see how level mod is that significant - I always rush my keyed larges and still get around the same xp as killing everything. Even the Dragoons clan itself prefers to clear all rooms except dead ends, unless someone specifically states otherwise.

Basically in my view, only kill stuff you're supposed to (guardian, puzzle, pre-boss). Makes the dg faster and you don't gain as much combat xp. Especially important for folks like me with less than 90 combat (who train cb via dung).

When you play without leeches, even a piddly amount out of the level modifier helps. You can personally afford to rush since you're not affected by the penalty. And then there's the supply question - in a 90+ party the bosses deal enough damage that there's often not enough food to go around if the large is rushed. And no one except the kamikazes like to die. Go up against a 204 Shadowforger with only 10k and 10 dusk eels and see how you like it.

And in world 7, people like the combat exp.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Interesting point. However, I'd still like to see one or two people "rush-keying" while everyone else focuses on clearing rooms. At least it makes the dg go faster... goes hand in hand with soloing 5:5 bosses as well.

As far as my combat is concerned I always dg with high level combats so I always have the xp penalty when teaming.

As with level mod xp, it only comes into greater effect the HIGHER your base experience is, so apart from lack of supply or nothing to do really, there is no reason to worry about level mod.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I'm of the opinion that Jamflex should have made base experience and prestige fixed numbers.

A better math equation would have been:

(Floor * 100) + (Prestige * 100) = level experience

level experience * Size multiplier (1 for small, 2.5 for med, 6 for large) * Complexity multiplier (.5 to 1) * Team multiplier (total players / recommended) = floor base experience

floor base experience * (percentage of monsters killed / expected percentage of monsters killed) * (total rooms unlocked / total unlockable rooms) = team experience

team experience * death multiplier * title multiplier * percentage of time active in dungeon / average team active time in dungeon = personal experience.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I like to clear the monsters just because running through rooms multiple times can really eat away at the food supply. It is also the 'preferred' method for w7 so yeah I go with the floooo. To me rushing is much more stressful while just sitting back and slaughtering everything just seems much more simple; and it keeps everyone on the same page.

When not everyone is on the same page, it may make the dungeon quicker, but people get upset quite a bit, and I do not like discord on my teams. A smooth but slower is my thumbsup!

I do routinely skip the 90+ when applicable

Interesting point. However, I'd still like to see one or two people "rush-keying" while everyone else focuses on clearing rooms. At least it makes the dg go faster... goes hand in hand with soloing 5:5 bosses as well.

As far as my combat is concerned I always dg with high level combats so I always have the xp penalty when teaming.

As with level mod xp, it only comes into greater effect the HIGHER your base experience is, so apart from lack of supply or nothing to do really, there is no reason to worry about level mod.

Plenty of people already rush-key. Play more. There are also plenty of people who don't want to rush. Why? They simply don't want to, or want to take their time, or want to kill everything for the sake of completion, or as mentioned before, combat exp. If you can't grok it, then that's that. Their perspective would be too alien for you to imagine because they are different in the same way you cannot imagine playing the game "inefficiently." Just how it is.

You do not get the full penalty even if the team average is above 90 combat. There is often a 3-5k difference without the penalty at full 35 prestige. Where a 120 would get 15k, you would get 18-20k. Might be a small difference, sure, but it counts.

Exp is exp when you're without leeches, so might as well aim for 10%.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

i think the thing that makes it difficult to rush in f2p is not having a shadow silk hood and not having armor that stops the high lvl monster to eat you're food very fast. also not a lot of people (at least in w7) make runes, so you have to run a lot to guide people through the dungeon, and if you have a lot of monsters you lose a lot of food and lastly, if you dungeoneer with skillers that actually do something, it makes it very difficult for them to navigate and make stuff.

Ahh, I see why people prefer clearing everything. But then there's protection prayers for the keyer. The rest of the teammates can focus on room clearing. I find that I don't really take that much damage while keying, the only time I have EVER died is when there's a dragon next door and I wasn't paying attention. Or if I get too chitchatty :P

Dropped dusk eels from cleared gd's or easy monsters are sufficient healing even at my level. Luring the monsters into parts where they can't reach you also helps. In rooms with other doors in them, I always try to trap all the melee monsters in one of those rooms if it's not a gd. That way people don't get hurt ;) you can do range/mage monsters trapped this way as well, but it's tougher to perform.

I'm not against clearing rooms of monsters or anything, it's just that there has to be a point where dungeon speed and safety comes together in a balance. But rushing is pure awesome to me though. Since it's harder and riskier to do in f2p, it contributes to the fun factor :D

Oh well just me I guess. I don't really have a high combat so I can't solo clear rooms or solo bosses in a team yet.

And w7'ers don't know how to gate? That's pretty sad actually... then again I'm not surprised with the average RS population.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Actually, I've never played a dungeon where everything is cleared with w7 randoms. More often than not, mini-boss toughness monsters (take that level 120 celestial mage we once met) are skipped, dead ends are skipped, and rooms that lead only to members doors are skipped.

F2P generally has lower levels, so not all of us have access to protection prayers. Heck, I just got them, (43 prayer. Ironically enough, in a dungeon.)

Finally, killing monsters yields supplies (besides food). The rune essence can really pile up, and the coins are nice. Bags can be alched. Bryll, roseblood, and dromoleather drops are very useful for mages and rangers. Bones used on an altar actually can compete with killing monsters normally (obviously does not compete with bought bones).

W7 people do know how to gate... well at least with higher levels, at least 3 in a team of 5 do. I'm sort of surprised, somehow I get multiple 110+ cb whenever I host a team, even though I'm 67 cb! Btw, how come you can't trade the ggs?

And finally... the food has been mentioned, but for f2p it can get extreme. Last dungeon I did, it was a 167 Lexicus, and I prepared an entire inventory of dusk eels - 26 of them (binds). I actually had to gate out, run out and pick up another whole stack just to survive.

Last dungeon I did, it was a 167 Lexicus, and I prepared an entire inventory of dusk eels - 26 of them (binds). I actually had to gate out, run out and pick up another whole stack just to survive.

Well, Lexicus is generally a pain if you are more than 3 people trying to kill him, because everybody will run around like a maniac when he does his book barrage attack and nearly the entire team will get damaged to some extent. It's sort of the same with the luminescent icefiend. It'd be better if only 1 or 2 high levels tried to kill it instead of the entire team.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

What's wrong with having a few other guys dishing out damage? Chances are, they'll hit the boss at least a little bit, which might help quite a bit.

I agree, while really only 1 teammate should be focusing on the boss (rest on rooms), it doesn't hurt to have others help you out in the fight.

Also with luminescent icefiend, he doesn't kill you with its spec, so just tank the icicle damage and eat right after.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Drop trading should be done (but in an open area of course) for all items EXCEPT stackables, unless you don't plan on using them.

Jagex should implement "Drop-x" for stackables in dung for easy droptrading of laws/cosmics/etc.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

drop trade

Drop trading should be done

If you said this in game, you'd both be banned by now, regardless of contexttongue.gif

If you said this in game, you'd both be banned by now, regardless of contexttongue.gif

That is why Jagex rules are so vague... I mean in main RS you can't drop trade anything above 3k gold, and in dg, drop trading is pretty much a must. :mellow:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

That is why Jagex rules are so vague... I mean in main RS you can't drop trade anything above 3k gold, and in dg, drop trading is pretty much a must. :mellow:

now that you mention it, drop trade is ok within dungeon, since it is unable to bring anything to the surface.