The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Just tried some f2p dungeoneering with my two brothers, since we were a little bothered. Haven't tried dungeoneering since the first month, where I got level 71 :)

anyways, I stumbled across a room with a mercenary leader, and what the hell? How are you supposed to beat a level 200 mercenary, plus mages, warriors and rangers - all in tier 11 gear, hitting 400's?

we were slaughtered, even with all the food we could get. Are there some good ways to handle these rooms, that might be good to know? :)

The best way I know is to go in and fight leader until there are many spawns and then gatestone out to let them dissapear. Reapeat until complete. It's not fast by any means but you don't die.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Also, pray mage and only mage. Try to keep your avatar to the wall as well, so the warriors get blocked out. Only thing worse than getting piled by everything is getting piled by everything and being bound in the center of the room, with the leader 2 spots out of reach. :wall:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Looks at siggy :shades:

[sarcasm] Merc is underpowered, Jagex needs to disable tele's in the room [/sarcasm]

How long did that take you by the way?

Thanks. We did range him, with protect from magic on. Only thing is that we tried running around to avoid the meleers instead of spotting them. Might have made things a little more difficult. And the rangers were just terrible.

I pity my youngest brother though, with a level 80'ish account. I think he died like nine or ten times by the time we were finished.

Scherzo.png

Looks at siggy :shades:

[sarcasm] Merc is underpowered, Jagex needs to disable tele's in the room [/sarcasm]

How long did that take you by the way?

I didn't really time it but it was no less then 45 minutes, so it's by no means worth doing it in terms of exp rather then quitting and refinding a team but I hadn't heard of anyone doing it before so I figured I'd try. By the time I was done it I had fished out every spot (even heim crabs) and spent all but 5k of my GP (mined all ores / cut trees for GP).

Make sure the gate is far from the Merc door. Like, far.

Far.

Ok, not that far.

But far enough so the Merc minions think you guys aren't close to them anymore. 8vr2K.gif

God, it's so annoying how people don't know this. If the merc leader is in view, he will keep spawning them. All you have to do is run far enough way so you can't see him, and he stops spawning them.

Of course though...people just stand at the door...thinking to themselves "Wow, he keeps spawning them...[Quits]"

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Well, at least that is a pretty abstract idea to grasp. I still can't believe most people don't have the colored ferrets figured out. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Can you please move so we can unlock this door?

♪♪ And I'm not done

Well, at least that is a pretty abstract idea to grasp. I still can't believe most people don't have the colored ferrets figured out. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Can you please move so we can unlock this door?

omg that room. one team i was on had 2 people that didnt know how to do it. they spent about 20 mins scaring the ferrets non stop trying to luck out :\

merc room isnt that hard if you teli out before you get piled to much

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

I honestly didn't know about the merc leader detection trick. I didn't know about the ferret trick before either (read: a while ago when the puzzle was released). :oops:

Then again I only encountered the merc room like once or twice.

And can someone confirm that dg armor has soak bonuses? I heard when the soaking update was added, dg armor was not affected (and therefore still not worth using).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Anyone else tried this before?

schermafbeelding2010123.png

Complete vampire slayer in f2p with 1 str, ranged and magic :)

My cmb lvl was 15, lower should be possible with a LOT of luck, since this guy despawned like 2 times while I was killing him, resulting in me having to go back to varrock for a new stake.

Also, with 30 attack i was still missing like 40% of the time.

Leveled mining today to 85.

Now there's only a handful of things I can't do in F2P - like crafting 10x airs or smithing rune platebodies. Yay me.

♪♪ And I'm not done

No soak at all.

Thanks. Now that basically confirms that using armor of any type is just pointlessly stupid... (except for gaunts/boots since they boost str)

And gratz Sees on 85 mining! I'm still working on mine <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

No soak at all.

Thanks. Now that basically confirms that using armor of any type is just pointlessly stupid... (except for gaunts/boots since they boost str)

I won't be competing with you for iron ore for a very long time...

I mined 42 runite tonight in the span of a little over an hour, in the wilderness. That's about 600k :mrgreen: , which included running back and forth to the bank.

I wonder how difficult it is to find runite in the mining guild at obscure hours.

♪♪ And I'm not done

No soak at all.

I won't be competing with you for iron ore for a very long time...

I mined 42 runite tonight in the span of a little over an hour, in the wilderness. That's about 600k :mrgreen: , which included running back and forth to the bank.

I wonder how difficult it is to find runite in the mining guild at obscure hours.

Wow, didn't realize rune mining was still that great of a moneymaker. Good job with 85 mining.icon_thumbsu.gifNow go for 99 with only Rune ores.

You'd make just over 1087M gp mining runite from 85-99 at current prices. :P

And it'd take just over 1600 hours...

♪♪ And I'm not done

Anyone else tried this before?

schermafbeelding2010123.png

Complete vampire slayer in f2p with 1 str, ranged and magic :)

My cmb lvl was 15, lower should be possible with a LOT of luck, since this guy despawned like 2 times while I was killing him, resulting in me having to go back to varrock for a new stake.

Also, with 30 attack i was still missing like 40% of the time.

try it with 1 in all cbs and 10 hp next pl0x

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?