The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I've been training some fishing with lobsters lately. And I was wondering does the ratio tuna/swordfish gets better with higher levels ?

And I keep what I've fished to level cooking, is it more interesting fishing xp wise and cooking xp wise to harpoon fish than to cage fish ?

Thank you, I hope I've been clear, since english isn't my native language.

Tetora69.png

Will Staking be F2P? The Duel Arena might still be there but will we be able to stake whatever we want without any limits?

Yes, assuming they don't make the Duel Arena p2p-only again. And even if they don't technically 'let' you in the code, the loser could always just trade whatever was on stake to the victor in a trade screen anyway. So I don't see why they would limit that functionality for F2P.

I have heard that it's better XP at swordies than at lobbies. I believe the ratio of swordies to tuna is the same at any level, but I could be wrong. But of course, as far as I know, the fastest XP is fly fishing at barbarian village so you may want to consider that. As far as cooking goes, tuna give 100xp but lobsters give a little more than that, and swordfish give a little more xp than lobbies.

Proud Gladiator

gladzorgrespected.png

The new revenant dungeon will be interesting... Sounds like a boss dungeon even crazier than what I hear KBD/CE used to be, and for F2P too. I'm excited over the challenge but at the same time a bit disappointed that they would make revenants even harder to kill, especially for a solo hunter like myself.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

I've been training some fishing with lobsters lately. And I was wondering does the ratio tuna/swordfish gets better with higher levels ?

And I keep what I've fished to level cooking, is it more interesting fishing xp wise and cooking xp wise to harpoon fish than to cage fish ?

I'm not sure on the ratio at lower levels (where I assume that there would be a majority of tuna [as far as I remember]) but as I approched 80 fishing the ratio of tuna:swordfish was 55:45 over a sample size of 4.6k fish.

You also may be able to calculate the best fishing and cooking experience using some spreadsheet of sorts but I'm unsure as to how benificial that would be given the amount of work that would be required to create such a tool.

1yrb49.jpg

10.000 Fishes: 5.587 Trout and 4.413 Salmon 44,13% Salmon

16.500 Fishes: 8.545 Tuna and 7.955 Swordfish 48,21% Swordfish

(at 99 fishing - the ratio does change by level)

Thanks to Naruto1001 for these numbers.

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

currently reading the port-Wilderness & Free Trade Q&A, will add more if i see anything is very interesting.

Q:Will the boneyard return to where it was?

A:It is coming back! It is one of the best places for free players to train Prayer so we have decided to put this back.

Q:Volcano banker would be removed from the wilderness. Does this mean the part he used to be would *not* be a safe spot? - And does this mean there will be no safe spots in the wilderness?

A:There won't be safe spots in the middle of the Wilderness any more in which you could easily escape.

A:When a converted untradable item is dropped as coins, its value is mostly based on the alch price of the object.

Q:Will the staking system be implemented for f2p players?

A:It's likely that there will be a cap on how much you can stake.

The only way to pick up your own tradeable items after been killed by player is that the it haven't been pick up by pk and other people all the times until you manage to get back within its despawn time.

In my opinion you should never fish for lobsters. Ever.

Fishing for lobsters at my level (85) earns me about 40k coins per hour and 22k experience per hour.

Powerfishing trout and salmon earns me about -8k coins per hour and 42k experience per hour.

Assuming you are capable of earning more than 80k coins per hour using other means ( this should be easy), it is more efficient for you to flyfish.

will come back to playing once free trade is here. sad that f2p might have a cap on what they can stake seeing as my staker is going to be f2p for a while

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

i like to fish at karamja, i mostly fishing swordfish. one of the reason i like there is that often people drop fish including swordfish.

i remember one time i fish at there, my rate of swordfish and tuna is about 2:3. but after a whole days of fishing, i end up getting almost 2k lobster all from pick up, tuna(half is pick up) is almost triple of my swordfish and with around 300 of swordfish is also pick up i think.

items that drop on floor or put on table will immediately appear

Oh man I thought they learned their lesson the first time they tried to implement this system.

Yay boneyard, at least it is now the equivalent of making ~400gpk/hr

Oh man I thought they learned their lesson the first time they tried to implement this system.

Big bones will crash and/or be min in G.E for a long time.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Will Staking be F2P? The Duel Arena might still be there but will we be able to stake whatever we want without any limits?

even if they don't technically 'let' you in the code, the loser could always just trade whatever was on stake to the victor in a trade screen anyway. So I don't see why they would limit that functionality for F2P.

stake u 500k i trade if u win.

*loses duel*

*logs out*

Even if they drop to 300 being there burying bones is the equivalent of low end ~200k/hr.

At least I think the xp was in the 10-15k range, it has been quite a while since I was doing that.

I guess it is time to brush off the noob crew to help remove unwanted bone gatherers.

I am a very happy man today. :)

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

^^^This^^^

The graveyard coming back is awesome, it was my main way to train prayer back in the day. Nowadays i just kill hill giants with range when i'm bored with life and need something to do. Mind you, that probably won't be happeaning the upcoming week, as I have exams...

If the do cap F2P staking, it will probably be around 1-10M, and they'll probably put something in place so you can't continuously stake the same person for large sums of cash.

If the do cap F2P staking, it will probably be around 1-10M, and they'll probably put something in place so you can't continuously stake the same person for large sums of cash.

That would be useless to put in...

The only reason people would do that is if they're RWT....in which case...they could just trade it when it comes back.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Looks like free trade is shaping up to be a pay feature.

<_<

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

just want to confirm, after teleblocked, there is no way to tele in f2p using any spell or items right?

i remember i always get killed by pkers while training prayer at boneyard or chaos temple, and it is fun to play hide and seek at chaos temple :)

most of my prayer exp training are at chaos temple and wilderness hill giant.

speaking of chaos temple, why there is 2 chaos temple with the same name, it is very confusing sometime.

and jagex, they seem be very confidence about their system to catch bot and RWT, but yet they didnt solve the current bot.

just want to confirm, after teleblocked, there is no way to tele in f2p using any spell or items right?

i remember i always get killed by pkers while training prayer at boneyard or chaos temple, and it is fun to play hide and seek at chaos temple :)

most of my prayer exp training are at chaos temple and wilderness hill giant.

speaking of chaos temple, why there is 2 chaos temple with the same name, it is very confusing sometime.

and jagex, they seem be very confidence about their system to catch bot and RWT, but yet they didnt solve the current bot.

After being teleblocked (by players of course, for revs just run to a wildy-free zone) you can't use teleports of any kind for 5 minutes.

Never got the 2 chaos temples thing either. But it's pretty easy to distinguish. One of them is in high lvl wildy, single combat, and is still in good shape. The other is in low lvl wildy, multicombat, and is basically a pile of ruins now. I just refer these to the "high level" and "low level" chaos temples :P

The bones in the low level chaos temple are also a nice standout point, as well as the trapdoor to armored zombies.

My prayer training was just killing everything and burying their bones as well as lamp experience. I did buy a few levels but that killed my cash supply so I'm never buying bones again.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

just look through wikia

There are some instances when the Teleport Block spell does not stop the player from teleporting:

* A player can still enter all Runecrafting altars when teleblocked.

* A player can still use the teleportation orb in the Fist of Guthix activity when teleblocked.

* A player can still use house portals as well as the teleportation methods inside a house (mounted Amulet of Glory, etc.)

* A player can still enter the Abyss through the Zamorak Mage north of Edgeville when teleblocked

ops, miss out the third chaos temple(beside goblin village). so there are 3 chaos temple then, hahaha (@_@)

i also once buy some lvl, it is quite costly. but else the cash is just sit there doing nothing. f2p have nothing to spent on.

I was referring to spells and items of any kinds (tabs, stuff you carry on with you). Obviously activity items like the teleportation orb and entering other areas would still work. :P

The 3rd one I refer as the Wine of Zamorak temple since it's the only place you can get that item. It's also outside of the wildy.

Also, would revenant dungeons be a good way to make cash? It's PvP enabled and the revs are hard to kill, but revenants drop all PvP-exclusive drops. So, it's likely these will be a very good source of income for free play :shades:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I was referring to spells and items of any kinds (tabs, stuff you carry on with you). Obviously activity items like the teleportation orb and entering other areas would still work. :P

The 3rd one I refer as the Wine of Zamorak temple since it's the only place you can get that item. It's also outside of the wildy.

Also, would revenant dungeons be a good way to make cash? It's PvP enabled and the revs are hard to kill, but revenants drop all PvP-exclusive drops. So, it's likely these will be a very good source of income for free play :shades:

ya, i also referring to spells and items, i just quote to show other method, still it can only be used by member or minigame :(

it is just weird that using the same name, at 3 different places.

i guess that it is not possible to kill rev without some interference from other pkers, unless with rev hunt clan, but how when pkers clan come too? oh-uh.

Q:Will the new revenant dungeon have some sort of mighty revenant boss? Will the "dungeon" itself require any dungeoneering level to enter?

A:Good idea - let's see whether we add both these things

Q:You said in the FAQ Revenants will be relocated in a PVP enabled dungeon... Does it mean that, since when we are attacking a monster and a player attacks us, we stop fighting the monster, it will be nearly impossible to kill revenants, since there will almost always be pk'er around to prevent you from fighting revenants in peace?”

A:If another player starts attacking you while you’re hitting revenants, the monster will still keep hitting you. Whether you turn around to face the pker is up to you.

ouch....

erm, not sure when, i not too good with time conversation, i saw this thread. 14-15-913-62228756

post at here, 135,136,124,62228703

anyone interested to try it and have a chance to get 1 month membership.

I don't know if it has been posted before but....

Norseman119 asked:

In short, when the minigames are moved will the boneyard return to where it was? Or will the clan wars arena area stay there for now?

Mod Fetzki:

We boneyard is coming back! It is one of the best places for free players to train Prayer so we have decided to put this back.

Will the Duel Arena remain F2P? Also will the new (old haha) staking system be implemented for f2p players?

The Duel Arena will still be in free worlds, and it's likely that there will be a cap on how much you can stake.