The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Kinda weird actually. They keep on creating all this p2p stuff, and 90% of it we don't need/is just too annoying. Jagex should skip the next 3-4 p2p quest releases and give f2p their own grandmaster one...

div>

So ashes and urns are now out. Interestingly, Accursed and Infernal ashes are NOT marked with an (m) on this page:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/prayer_the_basics#prayer_experience

But this must be an error, because according to the RS Wiki, those two kinds of ashes are only dropped by P2P demons and fiends. Lessers and Greaters are supposed to drop Impious ashes.

The urns also seem pretty neat:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/crafting_pottery#urns

Am I right in assuming that I could technically have 28 woodcutting urns in my inventory, be able to fill them all up with willows (one at a time), and teleport all 28 for an additional 23,100 woodcutting xp? That would be great! But I wonder how the cooking urns would work, then—how would you "fill them up?"

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

So ashes and urns are now out. Interestingly, Accursed and Infernal ashes are NOT marked with an (m) on this page:

But this must be an error, because according to the RS Wiki, those two kinds of ashes are only dropped by P2P demons and fiends. Lessers and Greaters are supposed to drop Impious ashes.

Am I right in assuming that I could technically have 28 woodcutting urns in my inventory, be able to fill them all up with willows (one at a time), and teleport all 28 for an additional 23,100 woodcutting xp? That would be great! But I wonder how the cooking urns would work, thenhow would you "fill them up?"

You don't fill the urns with logs or any material you get from trees, rocks etc. Example: When mining Iron ores your urn will fill up at 2% per ore until it's full (100%) at which time it can be teleported and you get the 325 Mining exp. You will still have your ores in your inventory. The urn just gets 2% fuller with each Iron ore you mine.

Am I right in assuming that I could technically have 28 woodcutting urns in my inventory, be able to fill them all up with willows (one at a time), and teleport all 28 for an additional 23,100 woodcutting xp? That would be great! But I wonder how the cooking urns would work, thenhow would you "fill them up?"

You don't fill the urns with logs or any material you get from trees, rocks etc. Example: When mining Iron ores your urn will fill up at 2% per ore until it's full (100%) at which time it can be teleported and you get the 325 Mining exp. You will still have your ores in your inventory. The urn just gets 2% fuller with each Iron ore you mine.

Ohhh, I see. I guess it would be better to just have one in your inventory, then. :P Incidentally I also learned that you can only have 10 urns for any skill at one time.

~I Am A Bahai~

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Ohhh, I see. I guess it would be better to just have one in your inventory, then. :P Incidentally I also learned that you can only have 10 urns for any skill at one time.

I proved you wrong with my 30 mining urns. Unless it's some stupid f2p limit.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Am I right in assuming that I could technically have 28 woodcutting urns in my inventory, be able to fill them all up with willows (one at a time), and teleport all 28 for an additional 23,100 woodcutting xp? That would be great! But I wonder how the cooking urns would work, then—how would you "fill them up?"

I proved you wrong with my 30 mining urns. Unless it's some stupid f2p limit.

Actually you proved RS Wiki wrong:

You may only have 10 non-empty urns in one skill type at a time (these are urns with any number of scraps in them: a pot with one scrap in, all the way to a pot that is completely full).

But to be fair I didn't clarify that it was talking about non-empty urns, if that makes a difference. :)

EDIT: Accursed ashes are the ones that are dropped by Lessers and Greater Demons, yay

~I Am A Bahai~

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

But to be fair I didn't clarify that it was talking about non-empty urns, if that makes a difference. :)

EDIT: Accursed ashes are the ones that are dropped by Lessers and Greater Demons, yay

i think it is non empty urns, stated at runescape.

and yes, lesser and greater demon drop prayer ashes. sigh, if only urns is available from the start, i would had quite high prayer lvl already

it only need to be in the inventory to work right? however i have smelted about 200 silver bars, but nothing is changed to the urn?

and yes, lesser and greater demon drop prayer ashes. sigh, if only urns is available from the start, i would had quite high prayer lvl already

it only need to be in the inventory to work right? however i have smelted about 200 silver bars, but nothing is changed to the urn?

I don't think they work at all with Silver and gold ores...but just to be sure, you did put the rune in the urn, right?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I don't think they work at all with Silver and gold ores...but just to be sure, you did put the rune in the urn, right?

yup, i completed it. i read on wikia, saying that gold bars not working just like you say. too bad then, but it should be i think, since it is also ore > bar

oh ya, btw, it had the sound of the crafting urns when smelting silver. so it is really make me wondering about it.

the prayer urns is bones version of bonecrusher? great then, farewell bones. prepare yourself demon.

"Leaving a prayer urn in your inventory will mean ash drops are automatically collected inside untill the urn is full and ready to be teleport away."

then again, what if bring more then 10 prayer urns, and each urns are filled up 1 by 1, by the time it reached 10 full urns, ashes will be appear as drop again until teleport the urns?

You may only have 10 non-empty urns in one skill type at a time (these are urns with any number of scraps in them: a pot with one scrap in, all the way to a pot that is completely full).

can someone tell me what is the different between urns without runes, and empty urns with no runes?

i don't understand, why do people want to collect full urns? is there a bigger bonus to teleport more than 1?

also, on unrelated question: should i get a coal bag? i looked at f2p smithing strategies, and it seems like coal bag will double exp if smelting bars...

You gonna get got

How much money do accursed ashes sell for? Is it cheaper than big bones?

Also, yay for f2p canoes, finally a nice way to return to Edge after dying from pking ^^

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

prayer urns are not worth it. mass killing hill giants or boneyarding is much faster

it might be true, but without safespot, wilderness hill giants is not a good place to train anymore.

surely every giants places would be overpopulated, and boneyard not suitable for long time, as there might always be some pker searching around and the skeleton is not weak either however they are very easy to trapped.

How much money do accursed ashes sell for? Is it cheaper than big bones?

Also, yay for f2p canoes, finally a nice way to return to Edge after dying from pking ^^

currently 600 for Accursed and 150 for Impious.

the canoes is very very useful, a faster access to many places and things along the river.