The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Thread Going Strong :D I love me some F2p Discussion. Me I have been R.I.P. Since 09. Hopefully with this new BAR thing I'll be back in town again.

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

What is this BAR? What does it mean?

Runescape game bar? :blink: I dunno, but I severely doubt he is coming back for this very reason.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I think by bar he(she?) means this topic, a place to discuss stuff :)

Erebos Crux, my little f2p nub hasn't been making much progress, got most f2p skills up to 40 whilst remaining at combat 3 but I finally decided to start dungeoneering and raising combat and now I feel like I've messed up the poor little blighter.

Got a new character set up, Evocatio. Who will one day become a summoning tank, but only after a lofty time spent in f2p. Gonna stay a level 3 skiller for the time being, try and get all skills to level 50 and hopefully find some people to dungeoneer with. Would love to get 99 dungeoneering on the account.

Would having all f2p stats at level 50 and remaining a level 3 skiller be useful to people for dungeoneering? Or should some stats be raised further, like cooking and firemaking for less food burnt?

I haven't been here in a while but I need to ask a question.

What is the fastest way to get Rc up from 37 (my level atm) to 50 without runecrafting gloves? since I seem to loose at every FoG match...

In a world were black dragons and Wise Old Men roam, one warrior will rise above them all.

His name is... Hydrobolt360!!!

Hydrobolt360.png

...Would having all f2p stats at level 50 and remaining a level 3 skiller be useful to people for dungeoneering? Or should some stats be raised further, like cooking and firemaking for less food burnt?

Lvl 3 "Skillers" are highly sought after for dungeoneering teams on World 61. You'd have very little trouble at all getting 99 Dungeoneering. Your presence on the team is only to lower the team combat lvl, to subvert the 50% xp reduction for Combat Lvl 90+ dungeoneers...

What is the fastest way to get Rc up from 37 (my level atm) to 50 without runecrafting gloves? since I seem to loose at every FoG match...

Air tiaras

Actually pretty cheap, about 330k cash and xp is 12-15k per hour

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

...Would having all f2p stats at level 50 and remaining a level 3 skiller be useful to people for dungeoneering? Or should some stats be raised further, like cooking and firemaking for less food burnt?

Lvl 3 "Skillers" are highly sought after for dungeoneering teams on World 61. You'd have very little trouble at all getting 99 Dungeoneering. Your presence on the team is only to lower the team combat lvl, to subvert the 50% xp reduction for Combat Lvl 90+ dungeoneers...

Thanks for the info :) I'll be hanging about World 61 for a very long time over summer!

Air tiaras

i really dont recommand enchant tiara to train RC, it is a very costly yet only gain slightly more exp.

but since you cant get RC gloves, it is just up to you.

just for you to compare

with earth RC glove i can get nearly 400 xp per trip while 18k exp per hour

RC body runes get 210 xp per trip

while enchant air tiara will get 350 xp per trip

while enchant body tiara get 525 xp per trip

i recommand you to train your CB and get RC gloves, it really help a lot.

RC is a very profit skill to train with, it should not the opposite.

Been hosting 7-hi-lo on world 1. Game is simple:

You can bet 7, higher than 7, or lower than 7. I roll two six sided dice. If you bet 7, and the dice rolls 7, you win 5x your bet. If you bet higher/lower, and the dice rolls, you win 2x your bet.

Any of you are welcomed to play me, except I'll let you in on a secret. In the long run, I keep 1/6th of the money you bet.

I get to advertise it as follows:

"Join my cc to play 7 hi lo."

"A unique game of dice! Win up to 5x!"

"Better odds than 60x2!"

"I've paid out more than 2.4 million!"

"Bet up to 300k!"

And so on.

Yes, I'm legit, because I win in the long run. :mrgreen:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Air tiaras

i really dont recommand enchant tiara to train RC, it is a very costly yet only gain slightly more exp.

but since you cant get RC gloves, it is just up to you.

just for you to compare

with earth RC glove i can get nearly 400 xp per trip while 18k exp per hour

RC body runes get 210 xp per trip

while enchant air tiara will get 350 xp per trip

while enchant body tiara get 525 xp per trip

i recommand you to train your CB and get RC gloves, it really help a lot.

RC is a very profit skill to train with, it should not the opposite.

He can't win in FoG. Earth gloves are efficient only then, if you can do those 75 tokens less than 1 hour, with he's stats, I doubt it.

I'd still reccommend air tiaras when he want's 50 rc to get into runecrafting guild. He would make 330k loss back in 2 hours, while he saves 5-6 hours of time by doing tiaras. You save a total 3 hours of time, and no money lost. When he does fog even more, he will use these remaining 3 hours also and get more profit than doing earth runes without gloves.

Or if you aren't going for runecrafting guild, then it's a different story.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

F2p forever ...

Eastern Falador has become extremely foggy, this is peculiar as the amount of fog used is usually only found in places with mass amounts of water, such as an ocean

the south east corner of falador had been expanded further making the road between it and beginner starting area is tighter

i suspects there might be some updates coming soon to falador

how do you get profit from being able to join runecrafting guild?

also, a smithing question: is the fastest way to lvl smithing at 55 smithing with non-negative profit just to smelt steel bars and sell them?

You gonna get got

You can buy Water talismans for tokens, which cost 6,7K each. I guess one can make about 150-200k per hour.

F2p forever ...

also, a smithing question: is the fastest way to lvl smithing at 55 smithing with non-negative profit just to smelt steel bars and sell them?

If you can do with the added Magic XP, give superheating steel bars a shot.

It looks to earn a slight profit, while being much faster than smelting at Al Kharid. It'll just take a bit more effort to buy/sell the items at prices beneficial to you...

whoaaaaaaaaaa, i was runecrafting water runes to try to finish the craft 100 rune task, and suddenly i managed to craft 100 runes!! at runecraft 51

They changed it so that you have a chance to craft 4 water runes at lower level. This chance increases as you level up, and at 56 (57?) you can craft 4 all the time. But, at 56 (or 57) you will also have a chance to craft 5 water runs.

They did that so there would be more of a curve in the level gains for runecrafting.

whoaaaaaaaaaa, i was runecrafting water runes to try to finish the craft 100 rune task, and suddenly i managed to craft 100 runes!! at runecraft 51

They changed it so that you have a chance to craft 4 water runes at lower level. This chance increases as you level up, and at 56 (57?) you can craft 4 all the time. But, at 56 (or 57) you will also have a chance to craft 5 water runs.

They did that so there would be more of a curve in the level gains for runecrafting.

But it doesn't effect level gains in any manner.

well, you can smelt silver bars, it is slightly faster, profit is varies from time to time but at least it wont go negative.

i just put my 20k silver bar at 249 while the GE price is 212, and it sold within a day, amazed by the ppl who brought it.

well, you can smelt silver bars, it is slightly faster, profit is varies from time to time but at least it wont go negative.

i just put my 20k silver bar at 249 while the GE price is 212, and it sold within a day, amazed by the ppl who brought it.

Darn, really? That's crazy. I've just started trying overnight merching again, hoping to see the same thing happen when I'm buying something. Hopefully things turn out well and I won't have to stand at GE for long periods of time to get a decent daily income.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Eh you have to combine flipping with other activities. Moving watching, homework, reading a book, browsing tip.it, planning out your next move in-game, ect. You don't flip and just "stare" at the screen for three hours, it's like watching your money play whack a mole, not entirely exciting.(Well it can be because money out of nowhere is fun money)

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D