The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

prayer urns are not worth it. mass killing hill giants or boneyarding is much faster

Is it just me or are any urns not worth it?

I don't mind an extra 8k/hr at willows nor the 4kish at iron and fly fishing. The ruddy intentional part is that they fill up too quickly.

I am a bit split on the cooking one, I bet it fills very quick, but the cost does not seem worth it right now.

prayer urns are not worth it. mass killing hill giants or boneyarding is much faster

I feel the same way. The Xp rewards, atleast for F2P, are just not worth it.

It's just you. The wc, fishing and mining urns are definately useful for powertraining. The cooking urn can be useful when cooking lobsters (needs 40 lobsters for each urn), so having one in your inventory won't be problematic. I don't see much use for the smithing urn, though.

[404] Signature not found.

It's just you. The wc, fishing and mining urns are definately useful for powertraining. The cooking urn can be useful when cooking lobsters (needs 40 lobsters for each urn), so having one in your inventory won't be problematic. I don't see much use for the smithing urn, though.

True. For powertraining I can see how they are usefull but the time it takes to make them from scratch is not worth it, in my opinion. Buying them could be a faster way but at the moment, I don't think there are that many of them. I could be wrong, I haven't tried buying them or powertraining with them.

Also, I wouldn't powertrain Mining with them when I can get almost as fast xp and bank the ores and profit.

True. For powertraining I can see how they are usefull but the time it takes to make them from scratch is not worth it, in my opinion. Buying them could be a faster way but at the moment, I don't think there are that many of them. I could be wrong, I haven't tried buying them or powertraining with them.

Also, I wouldn't powertrain Mining with them when I can get almost as fast xp and bank the ores and profit.

You can easily buy them. ;)

And for mining: Powertraining is almost no competition. Could be an option for wealthy players who don't care about profit.

[404] Signature not found.

For the smelting one, for steel no coal bag you might as well have one, 18+9, 1 extra spot, it is 21% per 9 bars.

With a coal bag I doubt I would use it.

For mith again those extra spaces really are not doing anything(with an without the bag), so *shrug*

My fear is the p2p ones may be decent, which would keep them at their current price driving clay to dumb levels, which in turn would make these kinda expensive.

Powermining leaves me with 26 empty spots. I fill those spots up with urns and for every 50 ores I'm getting an extra 9.28 ores worth of experience I wasn't getting last week. To me that's just looking a gift horse in the mouth. This update is neat and we still don't have all the exact values. Someone in another thread calculated that willows give 1.33% per log and that it increased experience gains by 16%. In F2P where we don't have amazing options for experience gains 16% increase is pretty nice. It would cut the time to get a 99 by at least a day or two.

Also getting the urns is easy, barbarian village has everything you need. Explorer's ring(3) cabbage port, walk north maybe 50 paces, mine clay, make into soft clay at well, then the kiln and pottery wheel are right there. Then Edgeville bank is another 30 seconds away if you plan on stocking up.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

there are ... *ahem* better ways to level crafting in F2P while gaining buttloads of money. My only hint is 8. Also avoid the wool, it decreases your value. That is all.

"]doughnutt.jpg

there are ... *ahem* better ways to level crafting in F2P while gaining buttloads of money. My only hint is 8. Also avoid the wool, it decreases your value. That is all.

Gold amulets are horribly slow xp though, these urns might provide a much faster method, while also making money, or at the least breaking even.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

i have a question about the explorer ring 4 requirement to craft 100 water runes:

do i absolutely need to have 57 runecrafting, or is there a way to craft 100 water runes at a lower level?

You gonna get got

i have a question about the explorer ring 4 requirement to craft 100 water runes:

do i absolutely need to have 57 runecrafting, or is there a way to craft 100 water runes at a lower level?

You can craft that many at a lower level, it's just the closer you are to 57, the easier it gets

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

On the subject of ER(4) is it even worth it? I mean an extra run charge is cool and all but is that really all the benefit it offers with an insanely higher skill requirement?

"]doughnutt.jpg

Crafting guild is win.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Crafting guild is win.

Rimmington mine, Port Sarim watersink + deposit soft clay in box on docks. As F2P, you can better have soft clay on bank than 4 types of urns. Make what you need on that moment. Varrock got a potteryshop next to Aubury's cheap runes. :thumbsup:

greedy44.png

On the subject of ER(4) is it even worth it? I mean an extra run charge is cool and all but is that really all the benefit it offers with an insanely higher skill requirement?

The extra alchs are useful if you train combat out in the boonies, mossies, icies, and lessers.

Crafting guild is win.

Rimmington mine, Port Sarim watersink + deposit soft clay in box on docks. As F2P, you can better have soft clay on bank than 4 types of urns. Make what you need on that moment. Varrock got a potteryshop next to Aubury's cheap runes. :thumbsup:

There's a deposit box in port sarim? I still think the guild would be faster if there is a box; you can make everything from scratch in one place, making what you need at the moment.

Does anyone know of any great uses for the new canoes? I know the Wildy one is great for the Forinthy dungeon, and getting quickly to deep Wildy. Edgeville is sort of useful for low-level Wildy and the Edgeville bank. The Lumbridge one is sort of useful for a quick prayer recharge – it’s fairly close to an altar, making it much easier to get than other f2p altars. The Barbarian Village one is fairly close to the urn-making spot, and is good for getting to Varrock. The Champions Guild spot is fairly useless. The Lumbridge one is closest to a teleport (Home tele), right? (Excepting the sceptre teleport.)

Also, does anyone know whether you need the crafting levels to attach the rune? I read somewhere that you need to do this, but I doubt it since there's obviously a market for urns. I do have the crafting levels to make all the urns; I was just wondering.

Actually you don't even get an extra (fourth) charge. The ER4 still only gives you 3. So unless you would take advantage of the food hamper in Lumbridge, or the ring's ability to superheat and high-alch a few times a day, then no, it's not worth it.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Actually you don't even get an extra (fourth) charge. The ER4 still only gives you 3. So unless you would take advantage of the food hamper in Lumbridge, or the ring's ability to superheat and high-alch a few times a day, then no, it's not worth it.

^^ Doing tasks are never a bad idea - (that is if you already have the requirements)

It's a nice change of pace and the rewards for doing individual tasks are pretty nice - I try to incorporate some as I do things nearby. Additionally, if I'm really bored of menial things like fishing or crafting or casting a bajillion high alchs - I find that doing tasks serves as a nice break.

capt%20kevin.png

^^ Doing tasks are never a bad idea - (that is if you already have the requirements)

It's a nice change of pace and the rewards for doing individual tasks are pretty nice - I try to incorporate some as I do things nearby. Additionally, if I'm really bored of menial things like fishing or crafting or casting a bajillion high alchs - I find that doing tasks serves as a nice break.

68 Smithing and a pretty high RC level? Um no.

Crafting guild is win.

There's a deposit box in port sarim? I still think the guild would be faster if there is a box; you can make everything from scratch in one place, making what you need at the moment.

Does anyone know of any great uses for the new canoes? I know the Wildy one is great for the Forinthy dungeon, and getting quickly to deep Wildy. Edgeville is sort of useful for low-level Wildy and the Edgeville bank. The Lumbridge one is sort of useful for a quick prayer recharge – it’s fairly close to an altar, making it much easier to get than other f2p altars. The Barbarian Village one is fairly close to the urn-making spot, and is good for getting to Varrock. The Champions Guild spot is fairly useless. The Lumbridge one is closest to a teleport (Home tele), right? (Excepting the sceptre teleport.)

Also, does anyone know whether you need the crafting levels to attach the rune? I read somewhere that you need to do this, but I doubt it since there's obviously a market for urns. I do have the crafting levels to make all the urns; I was just wondering.

An answer please :(

Also, do the smelting urns work with Superheat? Runewiki says it does.

The xp lamp from it? I'd easily get 100k smithing xp if it meant getting a 25k lamp back (or however much xp it gives)

Why would you do that? What could possible merit spending that much time getting smithing xp for a quarter of it back? Smithing xp is hard to come by; especially in f2p. It's either expensive or it's slow. The upcoming smithing update could fix that...

The only skills you could sanely spend that on is prayer and runecrafting. RC's highest f2p requirement is... the lumbridge diary Hard. So is prayer. I grant that prayer, at least, is pretty useful, but I'm not really that big on combat.

Wait, smithing update? Will they finally fix the messed up allotment of smithing rewards?(Aka rune still requiring 90+ freaking smithing to make)

"]doughnutt.jpg