The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I've got 49K Dung tokens so I want to buy another gravite weapon, but I can't really chose between rapier and longsword :mellow:.

I'll only use it in Clan Wars, so I thought the longsword would be better because it has more chance to hit through armour.

But the rapier is faster, which is also an advantage :).

So... which one do you think is the best?

although both of it are better, yet both of it only offer slightly stronger than its rune counterpart. but g2h is the one that really worth it, considering the token needed is the same.

Already got a g2h, but grav long/rapier + berserker shield might be better than g2h. Not sure about that though ;)

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Hey, im wondering what two combat techniques i should use, range mage or melee. Obviously im f2p lvl 64 combat with 80 range 79 strength 40 att and 72 mage. I can make my own weapons and runes (including deaths). I am 55 dg an so i can only bind two items, what should it be fractite rapier, fire blast (whatever the highest mage lvl spell is, i think its called that) or spinebeam bow with fractite arrows?

SUPER.gif

@FierySoul

If you want to have easy access to 2 combat styles:

-You bind ammo as well as the 2 items at 55 dung. Seeing as your highest cb skill is range you would try Spinebeam bow and Frac arrows, for the last bind I would recommend a crush type melee wep ( like frac2h or maul ).

-Alternatively, if you like mage, bind the blastbox in the ammo slot and a fire(my preference) or catalytic staff. In this case you will be ineffective against rangers, so you could bind a slash wep like the frac2h. 1-handed weps are really not that great, you dont get a shield mostly anyway.

Since my main style is melee I bind a platebody and spear, with the blastbox to cover the cb triangle. Switching between the 2 styles can be a pain, but you do get the added defence.

lnfernuus.png

I've got 49K Dung tokens so I want to buy another gravite weapon, but I can't really chose between rapier and longsword :mellow:.

I'll only use it in Clan Wars, so I thought the longsword would be better because it has more chance to hit through armour.

Rapier. However, both are completely waste of tokens for f2p for general use.

But since you're just trying to upgrade for clan wars, rapier. The longsword does not have a high enough boost from a rune scimitar to make it better then even a rune scimitar considering the slower speed.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I completely disagree. The rapier is not a waste of tokens. It speeds up training, and at a cost of like 100k + a few tokens? That is well worth it in my opinion, especially when you can easily make 3m a day flip merchanting or 350k gp/hour Gop'ing.

Hey, im wondering what two combat techniques i should use, range mage or melee. Obviously im f2p lvl 64 combat with 80 range 79 strength 40 att and 72 mage. I can make my own weapons and runes (including deaths). I am 55 dg an so i can only bind two items, what should it be fractite rapier, fire blast (whatever the highest mage lvl spell is, i think its called that) or spinebeam bow with fractite arrows?

Fractite arrows, fractite maul/2h/rapier and dromoleather body. Since you can buy a tier 1 bow at the store, you've got more Ranged Bonus with the body+tier 1 bow than with just a spinebeam bow ;).

But since you're just trying to upgrade for clan wars, rapier. The longsword does not have a high enough boost from a rune scimitar to make it better then even a rune scimitar considering the slower speed.

Thanks, I think I'll go for the rapier then :)

you can have easy access to all 3 combat class, if you manage to lvl up your RC to 65 to be able to RC death runes.

in fact, you can have all 5 combat style if you bind a spear.

bind fire staff is very useful, fire runes use in fire blast and importantly alchemy. which are very very useful in dungeon where you short of money, because of other ppl get the money before you, solo or etc.

except tier 1 and some tier 2, other thing that you dont need can be alchemy for profit. especially member items (higher then tier 5) and torn bag to get a big sum of money.

because of f2p cannot fletch arrow yet (i really hope can), it might be better off with binding arrow.

blastbox is only limited to 125 spells, which if you have 65 RC, this is nothing. even tough its critical hit is good.

not sure you all notice or not, at the starting room, there is always have some equipment that maybe depends on your highest stat.

while for my case, either spinebeam shortbow or longbow always appear together with some fractite arrows.

so, when there is a group of 5 ppl, the starting room will be full of equipment.

best offense is the best defense, i dont recommand bind defensive equipment. defense is no use while you cannot kill your opponents fast enough. most of the time i boss without any armor. unless there is spare money after i cook short eels.

but it dont stopping ppl from binding fractice body and etc.

I completely disagree. The rapier is not a waste of tokens. It speeds up training, and at a cost of like 100k + a few tokens? That is well worth it in my opinion, especially when you can easily make 3m a day flip merchanting or 350k gp/hour Gop'ing.

With 0% charged 1,000,000 coins or 100,000 coins and 10,000 tokens to repair.

I wouldn't call 10k tokens a few tokens,

Gravite rapier combat bonuses:

Attack bonus:

Stab= +50

slash= +9

crush= -3

Range= 0

magic= 0

Defence bonus:

Stab= 0

Slash= +1

Crush= 0

Range= 0

magic= 0

Damage absorption:

Mele=0%

Range=0%

magic=0%

Other bonus:

Str=+48

Range=0

prayer=0

magic=0%

Rune scimitar combat bonuses:

Attack bonus:

Stab= +7

slash= +45

crush= -2

Range= 0

magic= 0

Defence bonus:

Stab= 0

Slash= +1

Crush= 0

Range= 0

magic= 0

Damage absorption:

Mele=0%

Range=0%

magic=0%

Other bonus:

Str=+44

Range=0

prayer=0

magic=0%

So IMO I would rather spend no tokens on the gravite rapier,because they both have similar stats and it is a wast of money and tokens to repair plus the time taken to get 100k dung xp to get it repaired.

Fractite arrows, fractite maul/2h/rapier and dromoleather body. Since you can buy a tier 1 bow at the store, you've got more Ranged Bonus with the body+tier 1 bow than with just a spinebeam bow ;).

Ranged Attack Bonuses:

Dromoleather body +11

Tier 1 Longbow +26

Total: +37

Spinebeam Longbow +70

In a dungeon the longbow fares much better than shortbows. Even dealing with shortbows: spinebeam= +19; dromobody+teir1shortbow = +18 ...

lnfernuus.png

10k tokens takes less than 2 hours. 100k cash should take no time if you flip. Otherwise, making 100k cash from npc drops shouldn't be a big deal. One round of GOP could cover this cost if you are opposed to either of the two options above.

As for the stats, +4 Strength bonus is quite a bit. And since the stab bonus on a rapier is +43 greater than a scimitar's, clearly it is much more effective against npcs (as stab is most npc's greatest weakness). Sure, if you are training at zombies, a rune scimitar may help you out more than a gravite rapier, but in most cases, a gravite rapier is much better.

best offense is the best defense, i dont recommand bind defensive equipment. defense is no use while you cannot kill your opponents fast enough. most of the time i boss without any armor. unless there is spare money after i cook short eels.

This. This, this, this, this, THIS.

Because of how extremely accurate monsters and bosses can be in dung, the difference between armor and no armor is very miniscule, especially since f2p can only have tier 5 armor.

I literally facepalm so much at teams that make armor just because "it protects them more". No, it doesn't. Use your 2nd bind on a 2nd style (range or mage, assuming spear is your 1st bind), NOT a platebody.

As for EggsYoke, in f2p, stab isn't a monster's biggest weakness. Most monsters don't even stand a chance against any style at around 80 attack. That is the reason why in f2p training, attack styles are neglected simply because of monster's 0 def. This especially holds true if training at flesh crawlers or giant spiders, two of the most efficient xp combat trainers in f2p. +4 strength isn't really worth 40k tokens and repair costs in regular cases, you are much better off spending the money on other skills to train.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

What about for monsters that have high defence in F2P? The difference?

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

What about for monsters that have high defence in F2P? The difference?

monsters that have high defence in F2P?

high defence in F2P?

high defence F2P...

LOL

Personally I haven't put much thought into it, I'm just saving for herbicide whenever I may get members, none of the free rewards really intrest me.

1yrb49.jpg

Because of how extremely accurate monsters and bosses can be in dung, the difference between armor and no armor is very miniscule, especially since f2p can only have tier 5 armor.

I literally facepalm so much at teams that make armor just because "it protects them more". No, it doesn't. Use your 2nd bind on a 2nd style (range or mage, assuming spear is your 1st bind), NOT a platebody.

As for EggsYoke, in f2p, stab isn't a monster's biggest weakness. Most monsters don't even stand a chance against any style at around 80 attack. That is the reason why in f2p training, attack styles are neglected simply because of monster's 0 def. This especially holds true if training at flesh crawlers or giant spiders, two of the most efficient xp combat trainers in f2p. +4 strength isn't really worth 40k tokens and repair costs in regular cases, you are much better off spending the money on other skills to train.

Armor helps when I solo dungeons on my non mem guy when I get bosses like Night-gazer and Bal'lak, but that's only because of my combat level vs theirs.

Otherwise I agree. The only armor I really make in f2p is guants and boots.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Armor helps when I solo dungeons on my non mem guy when I get bosses like Night-gazer and Bal'lak, but that's only because of my combat level vs theirs.

Otherwise I agree. The only armor I really make in f2p is guants and boots.

well, for ppl that just have 40 def, armor might make more different. gauntlets and boots if nice if you can find it along the way, and just mine 2 ores. since it is very easy to get some strength boost.

Ranged Attack Bonuses:

Dromoleather body +11

Tier 1 Longbow +26

Total: +37

Spinebeam Longbow +70

In a dungeon the longbow fares much better than shortbows. Even dealing with shortbows: spinebeam= +19; dromobody+teir1shortbow = +18 ...

It depends on the size of the dungeon and your team. With many low NPCs, the shortbow is much better than the longbow. With high NPCs, the longbow is better.

Dromoleatherbody+shortbow has almost the same ranged bonus as spinebeam plus some defence bonus, sounds like a win to me. You got 2 styles+defence :).

nothing is best in dungeoneering. have as much attack style as you can, so NPCs is easier to deal with. using the wrong style will resulting always miss unless with weak NPCs or very high lvl stat. this is how i like about the combat triangle down there. then the rest is just how to deal with the boss

and yes, above dungeon, mage is best until ranged and melee that can hit higher and faster.

With only two binds (+ ammo slot) I'd recommend a Fractite Spear or 2H and a Spinebeam Short/Long with 125 Fractite arrows. If you range more often than not, go with the Short. If just ranging vs. certain bosses or high monsters, go with the Long.

Mage just isn't worth binding since you or others can easily (hopefully?) RC the needed runes when magic might be necessary (like vs. Rammer). A smuggler-bought Tangle Gum staff can be quickly turned into a Water staff for added Magic Acc.

Learning when to use the Spear's three (two for the 2H) combat styles makes (them) extremely effective against most monsters you encounter.

If you find that you're eating food alot or spending time fishing/cooking to stay alive, you might want to swap the Spinebeam Short/Long with a Fractite Platebody/Dromo Body for better tanking abilities vs. harder bosses/guard rooms...

If you find that you're eating food alot or spending time fishing/cooking to stay alive, you might want to swap the Spinebeam Short/Long with a Fractite Platebody/Dromo Body for better tanking abilities vs. harder bosses/guard rooms...

I should consider this seeing as I tank/get brought down to 1/8 health way too much. I'm also usually the first one to run out of prayer.

<_<

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Dont you guys like the fire staff? i find it very useful

yup, me too. i bind fire staff, fractite battleaxe or 2h and arrow.

it is because of spinebeam short/longbow together with about 50 fractite arrow always at the starting room.

get the starting money or kill some NPCs, and there you go, spells ready to use. (most importantly alchemy and gatestone then only blast)

spear not suitable for me because i think its inaccurate slash and crush, especially slash, and controlled style that give even exp.