The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

hey guys what items are best to merchant at GE in f2p.. Ive been trying to merchant but none of the items have a high celiing and really low floor for max profit..

bye_2u_dude.png

So now I've actually bothered to do tasks again.

How many of the tasks are available in f2p? 160? This is including the ones in Varrock and Falador btw.

i have 161, and i believe higher is possible, since with some hidden tasks.

waka waka waka, i even sure how i get it. but later on, got one person saying maybe by cutting waka in all different places, or just cut waka 3 times.

no

This is the General Discussion forum old chap.

But OT: I think it won't be F2P, as I think this cape will get decent stats which will be to high for F2Pers).

not much to discuss, 99 capes are p2p so why would these be any different?

Because these are a different kind of capes, and afterall, they do let F2Pers vote for the design of the cape and why would they do that if it's going to be P2P anyways.

We got to vote on the drag scim redux, so shrug either way.

Some months back during one of the Q&A, wasn't there a mention of some new items of achievement?

ah, was posted June 14thish, but I have no idea which Q&A it was.

Hi guys. Someone on a different thread pointed out a page on runescape.wikia that listed future updates. Under F2P Item of Accomplishment it says "In a Q&A, a Mod (MMG) stated that instead of making skill capes available for free, that they would be releasing a new free item of accomplishment that Jagex think will be more popular."
Edited by wormy

The recent RoW update increased the drop number of coal, yew logs, essence and herbs by a stunning amount. Coal and yew logs are almost worthless now.

Is the an anti-bot measure?

No, the way they said it made it clear that it was a peice of software to help either find bots, or to deal with them. All this does is hurt the profits the bots make. I'm almost certain that this new Jagex 'tool' for combatting bots was stat wiping. It was the only noticable thing Jagex did differently around the time they said it which is a joke. Especially with GP making bots, all stat wiping does is make them gain resources a couple % slower. Oh noes! My mining is now 50 instead of 90, I'll get 20 less iron ore per hour!!!

I'm saying with this update, the price of raw materials crashed like a piece of rock. Making botting no longer a viable method to gain money?

Botting is always a viable method to gain money since, assuming your main doesn't get banned and you don't get infected with viruses, it doesn't cost you anything, whether time- or moneywise. If you could divide by zero you would get infinity, therefore botting is infinitely efficient. An inferior bot might need some manual coaching with randoms and such, but the time devoted to helping the bot out is still negligible.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Some months back during one of the Q&A, wasn't there a mention of some new items of achievement?

ah, was posted June 14thish, but I have no idea which Q&A it was.

Hi guys. Someone on a different thread pointed out a page on runescape.wikia that listed future updates. Under F2P Item of Accomplishment it says "In a Q&A, a Mod (MMG) stated that instead of making skill capes available for free, that they would be releasing a new free item of accomplishment that Jagex think will be more popular."

I think you're talking about:

freeskillcapes3.jpg

[404] Signature not found.

The recent RoW update increased the drop number of coal, yew logs, essence and herbs by a stunning amount. Coal and yew logs are almost worthless now.

Is the an anti-bot measure?

No, the way they said it made it clear that it was a peice of software to help either find bots, or to deal with them. All this does is hurt the profits the bots make. I'm almost certain that this new Jagex 'tool' for combatting bots was stat wiping. It was the only noticable thing Jagex did differently around the time they said it which is a joke. Especially with GP making bots, all stat wiping does is make them gain resources a couple % slower. Oh noes! My mining is now 50 instead of 90, I'll get 20 less iron ore per hour!!!

I'm saying with this update, the price of raw materials crashed like a piece of rock. Making botting no longer a viable method to gain money?

Botting is always a viable method to gain money since, assuming your main doesn't get banned and you don't get infected with viruses, it doesn't cost you anything, whether time- or moneywise. If you could divide by zero you would get infinity, therefore botting is infinitely efficient. An inferior bot might need some manual coaching with randoms and such, but the time devoted to helping the bot out is still negligible.

If the gp/hr was say, 100K before the crash. It might be ~50K/hr now. The cash gained per hour might be considerably reduced enough so that GP doesn't earn fast enough for gold sellers to sell.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If the gp/hr was say, 100K before the crash. It might be ~50K/hr now. The cash gained per hour might be considerably reduced enough so that GP doesn't earn fast enough for gold sellers to sell.

They'll employ more bots.

I think you're talking about:

freeskillcapes3.jpg

Because training a skill to 99 in P2P is SOOOOOOOO fun.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Kind of late, but is making urns a good and cheap way to level up crafting?

I don't really want to make gold amulets anymore... just thought if this was a good alternative.

If so, where is the best place to do so? Draynor?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

hey guys what items are best to merchant at GE in f2p.. Ive been trying to merchant but none of the items have a high celiing and really low floor for max profit..

I know some very good items, but why should I tell you them? If I would tell everybody about my merchant items, they wouldn't be good anymore. Lesson one of being a good merchanter; keep your items secret. Want to be a merchanter? Find your own items ;)

Does anybody else remember the old Crandor Island? It was so much nicer and more vibrant than the current glum looking place...

Yea, Crandor used to look cool and tropical. Now it's just... sigh :(

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Surprised that rune scimitars are now alchable.

Yay bots! <_<

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Kind of late, but is making urns a good and cheap way to level up crafting?

I don't really want to make gold amulets anymore... just thought if this was a good alternative.

If so, where is the best place to do so? Draynor?

Urns from scratch are cheap and easy, but slow xp.

I've been making them at the Crafting Guild; Cabbage tele, run west, make 25 urns, Daemonheim tele, bank and repeat

Average time to make each urn comes out to about 20 seconds (7-8 minutes a trip); this nets 11K to 14K per hour crafting xp...

Did gold amulets 85-99.

Still making money via fliping. 210M made, not stopping until I have 1000M.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

Got 85-90 crafting via diamond necklaces. According to Grimy's spreadsheets they're .8gp/exp right now and if you time buy/sell you can be +/- a couple hundred gp each so watch when you buy and sell. I'm planning on doing this from 90-99 crafting if the markets allow so don't you all go ruining my methods eh?

As a favour for posting my secret method, does someone mind giving a hint as to what they flip? I've always stuck to mass flipping raw materials which does well but it's taken me forever to get to where I am now and from the sounds of it (especially Mackenzie14) there are better items out there.

Well, I started off with Green dragonhide chaps (g), Bought like 10-30 at a time. It's important to put the right price, I've seen that about 1 in 5-10 minutes is the best. If they are coming too quickly, you are paying too much, If not coming at all, then too low. Same thing with selling. Later I did chaps and strength amulets (t) at once.

Made my money up to 80m and bought santa and started to flip that only santa. 100-200k flips are very easy. If i remeber correctly I managed to get 10,4m out of one santa in one day. But that was a day when santa was crashing and panic sellers were doing their jobs great.

There isn't any magic, just try to find the right buy and sell price. Then came second santa and speed went up like 20%. Now I have 3.

I've also seen that holding santa for more than 1 day isnt wise.

Have tried masks also, but santas work better, probably because there are lots of them and demand is also quite high.

As for plans, probably at one level I have to start collecting something also. Due to fact that ge has a 2 item limit. 3 santas currently works, maybe 4 also, but 5 is too much. Remainder of money has to be somewhere else.

I don't like screaming at market, so I mostly use Ge only. I have a crown and you probably know what that means.

These are my thoughts.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

Ah, I was looking for more of a hint like 'I do rares' but this was much better. Anyway, since the days where santas went from 30-100M in a week I've boycotted the rares market because of the sheer manipulation and hoarding that goes on within the market. I know it doesn't affect the market at all whether or not I'm there, but I just stay out on personal preference. I may one day go back, but at this point I'm fine with my 'raw materials'.

EDIT: Just hit 1000 posts :thumbsup:

I used to be pretty good in DNG back in the days, but as time passed I quit for like a year (well aprox.) and now that most things are known about DNG, what should I bind as a weapon? What style of my weapon should I use against what? I don't want def xp though so spear isn't an option.

(Thinking about either 2H or Battleaxe).

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

I used to be pretty good in DNG back in the days, but as time passed I quit for like a year (well aprox.) and now that most things are known about DNG, what should I bind as a weapon? What style of my weapon should I use against what? I don't want def xp though so spear isn't an option.

(Thinking about either 2H or Battleaxe).

it depend. i prefer battleaxe, not only it is one handed, it also had great stat. i usually pair it with anti dragon shield which are frequently found, just in case got dragon.