The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I did some testing and calculations to figure out fastest xpd gains in wc and fish.

Woodcutting - willows and low alching = 61-62k per hour

Fishing - Barbarian and low alching = 58k per hour

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

I did some testing and calculations to figure out fastest xpd gains in wc and fish.

why bother with the alching, just drop them as you cut them.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

hm... now that you say it, 4 ticks seem too quick. i didnt tried myself there, and based the smithing time at wikia. now that iron ore return, i might try when i had time.

lets say 8 ticks also roughly 68k.

listen to Suak calls not always the only choice, you lose some times changing. just to get 10% which about 10xp and the extra 1xp, while smith another one will just get 101xp.

Well, you don't get any cash back in return, so you pretty much HAVE to listen to Suak to get the most out of it.

Also, bone yard rocks. Just sayin'.

Considering that smithing in the past waste tons of money, this update pretty much make it equivalent to cooking............and its easier because you can simply smith your own item without listening to Suak since you don't have to pay attention at all (that's worth not listening to him in the long run, in my case, do tax return at the same time). It's a true bargain considering how people use to train in the past, I pretty much superheat all my bars (from lvl 78 to lvl 96 with addy or mith bars, nearly have constant finger cramp from too much clicking, and best I could do is roughly 1k bar per hour).

I remember I used to mine tons of coal and tons of iron from places that's no where near banks, and smelting them into steel bars, did like 30k of them too, no idea where I got the patience to do all that in the past.....players these days sure have them easy. Then again, coal were 150, and iron were 90ea when I was playing.

Best way is simply to either buy the ores, or mine the ores yourself (since you mostly want mining 99 anyways), I just do it at the iron site beside the mining guild, and dump all the irons I mine at the nearby resource dungeon.

a happy Runescaper

why bother with the alching, just drop them as you cut them.

Uhh, actually I totally didn't think about urns, as they are so new. With urns I estimate max xp per hour to be at 72K.

And alching is at least easier than dropping, probably faster too. It will cost a bit, but I think there are few of us, who doesn't care about the money and this means 28k magic xp also.

And fragile fishing urn gives extra xp for salmons and using this will increase the xp by 4600 in hour, so 62-63K for fishing.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

F2p forever ...

dropping is the same amount of clicks as alching...and if you can't drop a log between cuts, or a fish between catches, you're slow.

The only thing justifying alching is for a little mage xp. Otherwise it's just unneeded cost.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I never bother with low alching items since they almost always lose money, and they take longer than simply dropping anyway.

But, I'm the type that likes to bank my resources, so it's a tradeoff I guess.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Is there a specific methos that i'm missing when everyone says to drop their produce before another one is obtained?

Whenever I fish or woodcut, i'll go and drop the item but then the character will stop wcing/fishing, how do you guys get it to continue without interuption?

1yrb49.jpg

Is there a specific methos that i'm missing when everyone says to drop their produce before another one is obtained?

Whenever I fish or woodcut, i'll go and drop the item but then the character will stop wcing/fishing, how do you guys get it to continue without interuption?

Reclick the fishing spot / tree as soon as you can.

Click on Fishingspot -> Cast Low Alch -> Fish -> repeat as fast as you can

Low alch is there for a reason, it doesn't interrupt fishing. You just have to start fishing and alch right away and you can do it as long as the spot stays there without reclicking fishing spot.

F2p forever ...

Sonic's skills are too balanced...he must max out all 16 at once!

Oh you... :P

And I was wrong about the skilling reduction thing. Only mining, fishing, and wcing got reduced.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Sonic's skills are too balanced...he must max out all 16 at once!

Oh you... :P

And I was wrong about the skilling reduction thing. Only mining, fishing, and wcing got reduced.

Phew my plan to train crafitng in dg is still on! O ye an sonnikku i saw you the other day in dragoons without realising who it was :P

SUPER.gif