The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Can bots work in dungeoneering?

Yes. There are Dunge bots. But since bot are usually slower than humans at puzzles and stuff and since they solo (haven't heard of bot teams) the exp for them is very slow...but yeah there are dunge bots.

Oh dear i always thought that it could be botted! Oh well!

Just went rune mining started off in fally and found that collecting the rune was slow and it was very busy. Then decided to go wildy, now there are lots of people camping next to the rocks waiting for miners, they are either in groups or just solo. I just find them annoying, unless there are a big group i can easily outrun/pray and eat my way out so in the end no one wins and we just wasted time which seems pretty pointless. The only good thing i suppose is that it would be hard for bots there.

SUPER.gif

As of today...

Lumbridge/Draynor is 133/133.

Varrock is 23/63, tasks listed below:

1. Commerce Break (Visit the Grand Exchange)

2. Strike a Pose (Have Thessalia show you what outfits you can wear)

3. Essential Facilitator (Have Aubury teleport you to the Rune Essence mine)

4. Doing the Ironing (Mine some iron ore in the mining spot south-east of Varrock)

5. Making Learning Fun! (Enter the second level of the Stronghold of Security)

6. Read All About It (Buy a copy of the Varrock Herald)

7. Dog and Bone (Give a stray dog a bone)

8. Pot Stop (Make a bowl on a potter's wheel then fire it in the pottery oven, all in Barbarian Village)

9. On the Ragged Edge (Enter Edgeville DUngeon using the entrance south of Edgeville)

10. Journey to the Centre of the Earth Altar (Enter the Earth Altar using an Earth tiara or talisman)

11. Sherpa's Delight (Catch a trout in the river to the east of Barbarian Village)

12. King of the Castle (Find the highest point in Varrock)

13. Stick the Knife In (Venture through the cobwebbed corridor in Varrock's sewers)

14. Double-strength Weaksauce (Have the apothecary in Varrock make you a strength potion)

15. Champion! (Enter the Champion's Guild)

16. Can't Make an Omelette (Escape from the spider lair in Varrock's sweres with some red spider eggs)

17. Unlocking your Emotions (Perform th four emotes from the Stronghold of Security)

18. Promised the Earth (Enchant an earth tiara on the Earth altar)

19. Like a Varrocket (Cast the Varrock Teleport spell)

20. The Body Shop (Browse through Oziach's Armour Shop)

21. Put Your Smithing Hat On (Smith and adamant medium helm on the anvil in Varrock next to Aubury's Rune Shop)

22. Waka-Waka-Waka (Make a waka canoe near Edgeville)

23. Intersceptre (Use the skull sceptre to teleport to Barbarian Village)

I have found the problem. #22 of the Varrock list is locked for me:

screenshotfxz.jpg

EDIT: This must be a bug, because although it said that, I was indeed able to complete it.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

This is just my observation, but I notice several player that has low combat lvl but just enough DG lvl to enter the resource dungeon. At first, it was just going after addy and mith like crazy (it knows the moment one spawns up, and I can't even tell that fast). Then, to my astonishment, it went after the runite ores too, turn out it has 92 mining as well. (Reported, but god knows how many of them out there).

Yea I noticed this too in W33, the same guy with 92 mining is botting there every day <_<

After he mined all the ore, he walks to the mithril rock near the entrance and waits untill it respawns.

I reported him two weeks ago and created him a Runetrack account. He is still getting loads of xp :angry:

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

It's most likely the same guy. I don't mind if I am competing with real players because at least you know the other guy is real. Plus, people do share sometimes. With bots, they don't feel tired, and no effort at all which make it very frustrating to play against them. I also keep track of that particular bot, hopefully something is done about that one so I know if I report them in the future, something actually gets done.

a happy Runescaper

It's funny how botters are always going for very inefficient methods of training, especially mining where only 1 person can get the 1 ore from a rock. :rolleyes:

Also, can anyone test the effectiveness of gravite weapons vs rune scimitar? I heard all 3 are better than it, but I'm mainly looking at the 2h.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Did some woodcutting today. Clocked Willows + High Alch at a total of 101k xp/hr, which is to say I cut and alched 795 willow logs (~53.7k wc xp and ~51.7k magic xp) at a cost of 122k gp.

Probably the fastest non cooking/crafting/dungeoneering xp in the f2p game.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Today when rune mining i had a 3/4 full invent of rune with like 8 lobs, an i encountered a lvl 104, it attacked me before i could log so i ran south, shortly i ran out of food, i was still praying but he kept getting hits and for some reason he had not run out of energy even though i had 100% when we started running, only reason i can think of is explorer ring. Anyway i died, are there any good methods of getting away from pkers when you have a heavy load on you, i was thinking of ring of kingship when i get to lvl 20 but is that interrupted by combat? or running to ice giants hope he gets attacked an try to log? These good methods or are there better ones?

Sorry for the long post

SUPER.gif

Ring of Kinship is no different from Explorer's Ring in terms of a free teleport (you don't get interrupted from combat once you tele). In fact, Kinship is actually worse because it doesn't have the run restore feature from the Explorer's Ring.

Also, if I recall, I don't think you can use other monsters to try and prevent players from attacking.

---

From the topic I created in Metagaming forum, it seems that gravite rapier is superior to rune scimitar in all situations (duh), gravite 2h is superior in PvP/high level monsters (maybe?), and gravite longsword is worse than all of them. These results seem reasonable, so I'm going to get myself a gravite 2h later. :)

I won't get a rapier because the improvement over the scimitar isn't very significant. Yea I know, anti-efficiency and stuff. I might if I have tokens to spare though.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Ring of Kinship is no different from Explorer's Ring in terms of a free teleport (you don't get interrupted from combat once you tele). In fact, Kinship is actually worse because it doesn't have the run restore feature from the Explorer's Ring.

Also, if I recall, I don't think you can use other monsters to try and prevent players from attacking.

---

From the topic I created in Metagaming forum, it seems that gravite rapier is superior to rune scimitar in all situations (duh), gravite 2h is superior in PvP/high level monsters (maybe?), and gravite longsword is worse than all of them. These results seem reasonable, so I'm going to get myself a gravite 2h later. :)

I won't get a rapier because the improvement over the scimitar isn't very significant. Yea I know, anti-efficiency and stuff. I might if I have tokens to spare though.

Oh yeah i forgot to mention that it is on my second account i and havent been bothered yet to do lumbridge diary yet, so ill just use the ring of kingship. I hate the campers next to the rune rocks, its just so annoying that they scavenge of our long hard work with an unfair advantage

SUPER.gif

Oh yeah i forgot to mention that it is on my second account i and havent been bothered yet to do lumbridge diary yet, so ill just use the ring of kingship. I hate the campers next to the rune rocks, its just so annoying that they scavenge of our long hard work with an unfair advantage

Well, unlike other types of pkers, these pkers actually have a reason to kill you. Runite ore is worth a LOT, you can make quite a few bits of gp killing runite miners (provided you can actually kill them of course). Unfortunate, eh. :(

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Well, unlike other types of pkers, these pkers actually have a reason to kill you. Runite ore is worth a LOT, you can make quite a few bits of gp killing runite miners (provided you can actually kill them of course). Unfortunate, eh. :(

Ye i know, im not saying that they are bad people i am just frustrated :wall: lol

SUPER.gif

Today when rune mining i had a 3/4 full invent of rune with like 8 lobs, an i encountered a lvl 104, it attacked me before i could log so i ran south, shortly i ran out of food, i was still praying but he kept getting hits and for some reason he had not run out of energy even though i had 100% when we started running, only reason i can think of is explorer ring. Anyway i died, are there any good methods of getting away from pkers when you have a heavy load on you, i was thinking of ring of kingship when i get to lvl 20 but is that interrupted by combat? or running to ice giants hope he gets attacked an try to log? These good methods or are there better ones?

Sorry for the long post

One word: Scouts.

I am debating as to whether I should even post this because I don't want rune prices to fall lol.

notthemightiesttreeuj3.png

+-------------------------+

| . . . . Pure F2P . . . .|

| sig8.png |

| 73 74 73 75 70 86 65 80 |

| sig9.png |

| 85 80 80 80 80 80 80 65 |

| Combat: 092 Total: 1235 |

Get bigger and badder or go home?

♪♪ And I'm not done

In other news, gratz to Medieval Kid on getting 99 prayer in f2p. :shades:

*is jealous*

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Man, I just tried pking in f2p for the first time today... how on earth do you do it at higher cb levels? Everyone I was winning against would safe, and then when they ran out of food they would start to run away. I'm currently ranging with a maple bow (sighted), and using a rune 2h for higher hits, should I switch up my tactics?

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Man, I just tried pking in f2p for the first time today... how on earth do you do it at higher cb levels? Everyone I was winning against would safe, and then when they ran out of food they would start to run away. I'm currently ranging with a maple bow (sighted), and using a rune 2h for higher hits, should I switch up my tactics?

Annoy them, insult them, pretend to run away by running a little higher in the wild - well, it often worked for me, and it helped that I could teleblock and bind them, not to mention kiting around a signpost or a rock. Heheh.

Prayer flashing also works to annoy.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Spent the day bot hunting. ~14 kills and I'm halfway to banking 99 cooking. Thank you bots, your many hours fishing really help.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Spent the day bot hunting. ~14 kills and I'm halfway to banking 99 cooking. Thank you bots, your many hours fishing really help.

How and where did you kill them?

Karamja. Lure scorpions into the heavily traveled path to Stiles. If you can manage to let the scorpions hit 8-10 times on a lvl 3, they never stand a chance. Its a two-three person job (one can AFK though), and there's a complicated setup for positions the scorpions need to be (which I'm not telling until I have 99 cooking banked :P)

I've killed about 20 bots. Loot so far: 10829 raw swordfish, 13589 raw tuna, 32017 raw lobsters.

♪♪ And I'm not done

If anyone wants to go bot killing some time, let me know. Need another person to do it.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Karamja. Lure scorpions into the heavily traveled path to Stiles. If you can manage to let the scorpions hit 8-10 times on a lvl 3, they never stand a chance. Its a two-three person job (one can AFK though), and there's a complicated setup for positions the scorpions need to be (which I'm not telling until I have 99 cooking banked :P)

I've killed about 20 bots. Loot so far: 10829 raw swordfish, 13589 raw tuna, 32017 raw lobsters.

Why do you need two-three people and nice.

@mindstormer what do you mean scouts multi-logging? or paying people to scout? I try to scout on my own but when you mining and you see a pker running towards you it is hard to log out because of agressive spiders and so you cant log out before they catch up with you

SUPER.gif

Veteran cape and classic cape are both members only. Jagex [bleep]ed me again!

I am disappointed that Jagex feels F2P'ers should not be allowed to be recognised as veterans. It is like the skill capes all over again. When those were released it stated in the behind the scenes that "all players having reached level 99 in a skill ... " would be able to acquire these.

Just like with skill capes, there was no indication that only all members would be recognised. From behind the scenes: "That winning veteran cape design will soon be available to ALL players who have had a RuneScape account for at least five years."

Disappointing to say the least.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85