The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Jeez im still pissed off about, i was really looking forward to the veteran cape, is there any other way to find how old your account is in f2p?

Nope, don't think so.

Don't be too pissed, lighten up. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time :)

Does anyone know any good money making methods that involves skilling?

Just going through a checklist

fishing; raw fish are way way down, so no

woodcutting; i have not been to all the yews in a very long time, but my guess is they are all infested, rimington the least?

Mining; if you can get that triple iron spawn in dwarven, or coal bag the wildy skel mine(or rune)

smithing; rune bars/addy bars via superheating when the market is good, but that is too close to merching.

crafting; can sometimes turn a heafty profit from gem jewerly but see above, gold necklaces are easy money.

Magic; prolly not well bones to nanners at the right time see double above.

Firemake; no

Rcing earth runes.

Overall I would say no 'skill' is good for money atm(unless you want to watch the market)

Does anyone know any good money making methods that involves skilling?

You know, I've been meaning to make a F2P skilling money-making guide for quite a while now, but with the recent bot explosion, ALL F2P gathering money makers are essentially toast. One on one vs bots a human will win 90% of the time (mining) but with 10 bots per spot, it's imposable to do anything. Even WCing oaks there are so many bots chopping that the tree falls faster than you can get to it.

Guess I'll just slowly work out the formatting and do the testing in the few bot-free hours after updates...

Foreign worlds aren't afflicted. Well, bots can supposedly work in those worlds, but it's a headache and a hassle to do.

But that's small comfort, really.

I can vouch for this. During an hour of iron mining near the resource dungeon bank deposit box, I only saw like 1 other person come to mine the adamant rocks nearby.

The only con is random events, but most of these are really obvious ones like picking the odd one out. And it's not even a con if you do understand a language (I still remember bits and pieces of French, lol).

Only other con is slow spawns. Can greatly affect xp/hr when mining.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Botkilling doesn't require any skill, just patience.

Speaking of which, a scorpion just killed a lvl 8 in full steel. He dropped 5k raw swordfish and 6k raw tuna. worth ~1.4m... yay!

I think that puts me at 99 cooking.

Hey, whats your method standing next to the path to the noter guy, with a scorpion? Then when they walk past it attacks them?

SUPER.gif

Speaking of which, a scorpion just killed a lvl 8 in full steel. He dropped 5k raw swordfish and 6k raw tuna. worth ~1.4m... yay!

Hey, whats your method standing next to the path to the noter guy, with a scorpion? Then when they walk past it attacks them?

http://forum.tip.it/topic/286958-methods-for-killing-bots/page__view__findpost__p__4719181

http://forum.tip.it/topic/286958-methods-for-killing-bots/page__view__findpost__p__4719181

My method is a bit more sophisticated than that. It takes two people (one can AFK most of the time), I'll take a screenshot next time we do it.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

My method is a bit more sophisticated than that. It takes two people (one can AFK most of the time), I'll take a screenshot next time we do it.

Can i add you, and sometime if you have no one else to do with u could show me please?

SUPER.gif

:thumbsup: for the bot killers - 99 cooking banked from that, that's pretty awesome lol

Thanks BioIce, foreign worlds are the way to go indeed. I've done some combat training there before, very few people there if any at all (at flesh crawlers) (depends a little bit when you're on though). The amount of bots there in the English worlds makes it sometimes impossible to train there. I go to the room in the northwest corner, the middle room always has the most bots (English worlds). Never done much skilling there, but I guess I'll try some mining/woodcutting. Woodcutting at the foreign worlds.. see how the yews are there. Already got 90 crafting with gold amulets from like 70 something, it's a pretty nice afk skill (bit slow ofc) if you do it like that. Gave some nice profit around the last bonus xp weekend, maybe I'll start doing some crafting like that in August again, assuming there will be another bonus weekend in September.

Can i add you, and sometime if you have no one else to do with u could show me please?

Yep

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Every time I try killing bots there, they run away pretty fast, even if they get caught with their auto-retal on, after a few tries they'll manage to note and run away. And how do you stop the scorpion from wandering off, do I just need to keep re-attacking?

Every time I try killing bots there, they run away pretty fast, even if they get caught with their auto-retal on, after a few tries they'll manage to note and run away. And how do you stop the scorpion from wandering off, do I just need to keep re-attacking?

You have to have patience to kill bots. You usually don't kill a bot when you first trap the scorpion and it starts attacking low level bots. It takes a few runs to note their fish before you get a kill. Keep at it and you will have 99 cook banked in no time :thumbsup:

- "The reason most people never reach their goals is that they dont define them,

or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable."

~1l2 Strength's F2P Rune Pure Goals~

1.) 100 Dungeoneering. -Yes, in Free-to-Play.

2.) 1000 Total Level. Achieved!

3.) 90 Strength & 90 Ranged. In Progress.

4.) 85 Magic. Achieved! -Officially a TB Noob!

5.) Own a Santa Hat. Achieved! -My First Rare!

6.) All F2P Dungeoneering Items. In Progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

foreign worlds are best for most things

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Water is having some nice xp gains in crafting!

Took the #2 spot for overall xp from S Diamant Y recently as well. 3M xp from the weekly experience gain record in crafting (runetracker) =D>

Well done Water and quite amazing gains if you're only cutting emeralds (read from the "200M in all skills" thread)

What the best worlds for no bots, cos i want to train strength at flesh crawlers but there are so many bots

There's a couple worlds that are so amazing I can't say them in public for fear of a noob invasion (A lot of people here probably already know, but what the heck). Add me in-game and I'll gladly tell you!

EDIT: Nvm, I think ranqe basically covered it already.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Water is having some nice xp gains in crafting!

Took the #2 spot for overall xp from S Diamant Y recently as well. 3M xp from the weekly experience gain record in crafting (runetracker) =D>

Well done Water and quite amazing gains if you're only cutting emeralds (read from the "200M in all skills" thread)

And the week isn't over yet! :shades: :thumbup:

Did one day of rubies to spice my daily record up a little.

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

FoxThrottle told me in-game that Water got like 7.5m or something craft xp in a day. I said, "He must be cutting rubies". Proguess

Just have to say after reading the posts about money-making... lobsters are less than salmon now from all the bots.

Also, made a decent bit of profit crafting waters for 90 rc back before the return of FT and selling for 40+... now waters have dropped below 10 gp. I have very little motivation to train rc outside of GOP now. <_<

I wonder how long it took him to get all those gems to craft...

The limit on gems is like what? 1k every 4 hours?

Also, hai Pakalolo Mon :D I've met you before lol.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Did they nerf the 4h limits of gems? I recall the limit being 5k last time I was cutting. Not really surprising with all the other 4h limit nerfs they were doing around December.. can't even remember them all.

It's pretty easy to buy them all via GE if you plan ahead... well, maybe not all depending on how much you plan on cutting O.o

Unfortunately, I don't remember everyone I've met in-game (especially commonish-type names like sonic with random numbers :s). Name looks vaguely familiar, though...