The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Veteran cape and classic cape are both members only. Jagex [bleep]ed me again!

I am disappointed that Jagex feels F2P'ers should not be allowed to be recognised as veterans. It is like the skill capes all over again. When those were released it stated in the behind the scenes that "all players having reached level 99 in a skill ... " would be able to acquire these.

Just like with skill capes, there was no indication that only all members would be recognised. From behind the scenes: "That winning veteran cape design will soon be available to ALL players who have had a RuneScape account for at least five years."

Disappointing to say the least.

Jagex is shunning F2P while bragging on the front page and every window title that they're the #1 FREE mmo. To be very honest, there are much better games out there that are F2P now and that free players really are getting a pretty terrible game. Is this a new corporate Jagex thing too? To shaft F2P at every turn...

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Jagex is shunning F2P while bragging on the front page and every window title that they're the #1 FREE mmo. To be very honest, there are much better games out there that are F2P now and that free players really are getting a pretty terrible game. Is this a new corporate Jagex thing too? To shaft F2P at every turn...

It's old. It's very old, actually. But it shouldn't come as a surprise if you've stuck to the idea F2P is a demo despite whatever Jagex said otherwise.

And well, they have to get new players addicted somehow, and for current and past members to keep paying. Business first and all that rot.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

12 F2P worlds right now with more than 400 players.

Normally at this time of day there are ~800-1000.

Basically, this means that ~600 players bot on every single F2P world at any given time. Way to go Jamflex, way to go.

edit:at any given time not after an update :rolleyes:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I was so suprised when i learnt that it was members, i had been looking to getting my veteran cape as they had more or less worded as if it would have been f2p @NJE. I dont understand why they shouldnt have made it f2p because we need some cape of recognition and i dont think members would of mind that much.

SUPER.gif

I cannot believe that Jagex misled f2p players into believing that the veteran capes were f2p, this is very disheartening.

On a more cheerful not: Hiya Pin!

@mindstormer what do you mean scouts multi-logging? or paying people to scout? I try to scout on my own but when you mining and you see a pker running towards you it is hard to log out because of agressive spiders and so you cant log out before they catch up with you

No not multilogging. I just have a bunch of lvl 3 accounts that are sitting by the rocks. I log in with one, wait for a bit to make sure there aren't any pkers, then log out and back in with my main to mine.

notthemightiesttreeuj3.png

+-------------------------+

| . . . . Pure F2P . . . .|

| sig8.png |

| 73 74 73 75 70 86 65 80 |

| sig9.png |

| 85 80 80 80 80 80 80 65 |

| Combat: 092 Total: 1235 |

To the poor fools rioting in world 14 Varrock, good luck. You'll need it.

And hai Rook <3:

EDIT: As of the time of this post, world population numbers in many worlds are in the mid 200s. Past two weeks, the numbers were a steady 800 to 1000.

Zombies are scary.

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

To the poor fools rioting in world 14 Varrock, good luck. You'll need it.

And hai Rook <3:

EDIT: As of the time of this post, world population numbers in many worlds are in the mid 200s. Past two weeks, the numbers were a steady 800 to 1000.

Zombies are scary.

+1, i really hope the protests work, there are some members going round in f2p doing the veteran cape emote non-stop to piss every off.

@mindstomer, ye thats good but also there is the problem of people logging in when your mining

SUPER.gif

In the back of my head a couple days ago, I was like, "I hope they prevent the use of the emote for a one minute span between each go, since the emote's gonna be really big and annoying"

probably should have mentioned that earlier

8f14270694.jpg

You know I don't understand why they would keep the voting on the cape design open to everyone if only P2P players would get to use it. Seems a bit misleading for F2P players and unfair to P2P players if the intent was to make a P2P only cape.

It would be very nice to have the cape, even stat-less, in f2p. I like knowing who else has been playing for a while.

When has Jagex ever striven to live up to their word? I am sure none of us expected this but honestly how many of us are actually surprised by today's events? I have gotten over it already, because from what I know from previous events Jagex will never change. If we are lucky we might see an apology but I find it highly unlikely that these capes will ever see the f2p game.

When has Jagex ever striven to live up to their word? I am sure none of us expected this but honestly how many of us are actually surprised by today's events? I have gotten over it already, because from what I know from previous events Jagex will never change. If we are lucky we might see an apology but I find it highly unlikely that these capes will ever see the f2p game.

They lived up to their word on dungeoneering. That is, that the skill would be for F2P as well.

Then they proceeded to cut the experience in half for 90+ combat.

And then they ignore all feedback on it or wave it off.

Currently they only live up to their word if it lures people into paying for members. Seems like they're in desperate need of money at the moment despite what they've been earning.

Since you were at Gop, do you remember when barriers couldn't raise the activity bar? I recall suggesting they give it a slight oomph in that direction, which they did. There were a number of other things I mentioned also that got fixed for that minigame among others, but for the life of me I can't recall it now. Meh.

Then again they also took their sweet time fixing the mind glitch.

Jagex as a whole is a very temperamental company.

1emk2e.png

Since you were at Gop, do you remember when barriers couldn't raise the activity bar? I recall suggesting they give it a slight oomph in that direction, which they did. There were a number of other things I mentioned also that got fixed for that minigame among others, but for the life of me I can't recall it now. Meh.

Too bad they ruined the entire minigame for me when Runetek (5 was it?) came out. I tried playing after that but something never felt right.

Btw pin do you still play?

Too bad they ruined the entire minigame for me when Runetek (5 was it?) came out. I tried playing after that but something never felt right.

Btw pin do you still play?

Yea, I still play. Crowd I'm playing with is full of mean-spirited mischief and we sometimes stray into the grey area of the game. Killing bots, luring marks, spontaneous spam and bursting into song (don't ask), gambling games, things like that for a start. Messing with people's heads in general. I love it. In short, I'm back to my usual sort of business before the Free Trade limit era. I'm quite content on that score.

Don't expect to find me though. Haven't told anyone what accounts I've been on either.

EDIT: After the pathfinding update, the angles are all memorization. The perfect symmetry being skewed after the update, memory work is the only way to really get anywhere with the minigame.

Well at least it saves me the hassle of choosing a cape, hai clan cape :huggles:

Always optimistic, aren't you. I've always liked that. :thumbup:

1emk2e.png

We had the gop slow down update, but I think it was way before the pathing update, been awhile.

While the 'new' gop does require quite a bit more memorization I think it is good for the game. Before we really only had one plateau, with the 'skill differances' coming from timing and knowing which orb to pull in.

Now we have another asset, knowing how to pull in that orb, and now there are some very elaborate pulls.

I think I prefer the old style, but that may simply be due to the people with which I was playing.

They lived up to their word on dungeoneering. That is, that the skill would be for F2P as well.

Then they proceeded to cut the experience in half for 90+ combat.

And then they ignore all feedback on it or wave it off.

To be honest, I think everyone in f2p deserved to have an experience cut, not just high combats. This would solve the skiller problem that we have right now.

About the veteran's cape, I'm neutral on this as I only started early 2008 anyway.

Where has it been mentioned that the cape would be promised to be f2p? Would like to know.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

They said it was to be for ALL players who have played 5 years+; and the fact that F2P was allowed in a poll where the end result was P2P only was just stupid.

Really eh? Well, it's most likely a cosmetic cape anyways so I'm not sure about my stance.

Can anyone tell me the stats of said cape? Is it better or worse than the current capes we have right now? (Team capes, mainly.)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

if a f2p has been playing for 5 years.

then that is no less, if not more, impressive then a member playing for 5 years.

f2p deserve that cape every bit as much as a member.

sadly though the truth is, money talks.

but to say its f2p, then make it not? too far.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Killed 5 more bots today. Brings my total to 23249 raw tuna, 37680 lobsters, 19243 swordfish. Gets me 97 cooking. :shock:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

To be honest, I think everyone in f2p deserved to have an experience cut, not just high combats. This would solve the skiller problem that we have right now.

Even if the exp was cut for everyone (no dependency upon combat level) skillers would still be used. It is just a straight up fact that doing a dungeon with 2 combats and 3 skillers is much faster/easier than one with 5 combats. The added experience should just be more insentive to find level 3 friends who are willing to Dungeoneer with you.

Did anyone notice the population yesterday? Worlds were almost empyt :blink:

Yeah, I went for my daily bot reporting sweep through W7 and found far less then usual. And this was like 12 hours after the update. I guess some bot owners don't turn the bots back on right away for fear of breaking? Regardless, 12 hours after an update and there were still 50,000 less players online than normal.... :ohnoes: