The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Holy crap. :shock:

I'm sure Tez is up for a little break from RS.

Getting 120 DG in F2P is not fun...

Getting 91 DG in F2P was fun for me...

Haven't been able to seriously train anything for the past month, too much work to do for school. :mellow:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Hey guys, here's a little challenge for anyone interested; especially if you like to PvM/Revenants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raPxfSeqf-c

--The following is all in the video, converted to text form--

The Objective:

- Score points by killing as many revenants in a single trip as you possibly can.

- Points earned correspond to the revenant's combat level.

- e.g. Revenant ork (level 105) will earn 105 points.

Scoring is complex... Your score will depend on 4 factors!

I

When you kill a revenant, your points go up by its combat level.

II

- Killing in ascending order of combat level for the entire duration of your submission will DOUBLE your final score.

e.g. Revenant Imp (7) + Revenant Goblin (15) + Revenant Goblin (22) = 44 x 2 = 88 points

e.g. Revenant Imp (7) + Revenant Goblin (22) + Revenant Goblin (15) = 44 x 1 = 44 points

- If you choose to do this, you must start on the imp.

- If you manage to kill all the way up to the knight, start again on the imp! Your score will still be doubled.

III

- Your final score will then be divided by (your combat level ÷ 100).

e.g. If your combat level is 105, your score will be divided by 1.05

e.g. If your combat level is 75, your score will be divided by 0.75 (it increases!)

IV

- As an act of courage or stupidity alike, dying will increase your score by 10%!

- An additional maximum of 10% bonus points can be earned depending on how much I like your video! This bonus may also be awarded for visual appeal, creativity in fighting style, or anything else that makes your video stand out! However, it will only be awarded if your video is exceptionally done.

Rules:

1. Your challenge must be completed on an F2P server.

2. The presence of another player in the video will automatically void your submission.

3. You may use any equipment, supplies, and prayers as you wish.

4. Once you enter the area, you may not turn back at any point. You may not log out. Leaving in any way will automatically end your submission and your final score will be tallied up to that point.

5. You may not pick up anything apart from your own ammunition and loot from a kill.

Submissions:

- Your submission will be entitled "Isthatok's RSC 1 - Submission by <yournamehere>"

- To submit your video, post it as a video response to this video.

- Maximum 15 minutes in length, but your clip may be sped up to a maximum of 200%.

- All submissions MUST include the following:

- Your current Runescape username, as which you will be recognized.

- Say or indicate your combat level

- A SINGLE and UNCUT in-game clip, which includes:

- Gameplay screen visible at all times (moving the camera off-screen is unacceptable).

- Entire clip must be adequately visible (no super blurry effects, cut scenes, etc.)

- Editing and captions may be used and are encouraged as long as it does not violate any rules.

- You are not required to show your inventory window, chat window, or radar.

Additional Information

- Anyone can enter!

- This competition has no determined ending date

- The highscores will be annotated into the end of this video

- Bragging rights goes to those who make the highscores!

Good luck!

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

- Entire clip must be adequately visible (super blurry effects, cut scenes, etc.)

- Entire clip must be adequately visible (No super blurry effects, cut scenes, etc.)

oh... i just started my industry training. i dont think i will had any time with RS beside checking up updates and forum.

- Entire clip must be adequately visible (super blurry effects, cut scenes, etc.)

- Entire clip must be adequately visible (No super blurry effects, cut scenes, etc.)

oh... i just started my industry training. i don't think i will have any time for RS beside checking updates and forum.

Sonikku when you were rushing floors 1-20 and using money on crafting exp, you got around 4k of it, what complexity did u use?

iirc it is solo c2

oh boy, oh boy, Livid Farm reward are so good, tempting and maybe overpowered even for p2p.

is it true that binding extra items decreases the gold from monsters in dungeoneering?

i seem to be getting less gold after binding fractite arrows and platebody..

You gonna get got

is it true that binding extra items decreases the gold from monsters in dungeoneering?

I have never heard this. However it is true that people once bound arrows to alch them so they would have more start up cash. Jagex then made them unalchable and increased the gold the monsters dropped to compensate.

As a side note, you shouldn't be picking up coins while dungeoneering anyways. After toolbox and startup ess, you have no need for coins.

I have never heard this. However it is true that people once bound arrows to alch them so they would have more start up cash. Jagex then made them unalchable and increased the gold the monsters dropped to compensate.

As a side note, you shouldn't be picking up coins while dungeoneering anyways. After toolbox and startup ess, you have no need for coins.

not sure though. but if can, dont bind armor unless it is really neccessary.

duh, why not? it would be stupid to not pick up coins, it is stackable, it can be used to buy things. buying things like rune ess to craft runes for alch, gstone tele, and most importantly food to keep you alive."staying alive, staying alive, uh.. uh.. uh.. uh.. staying alive......", sorry just wake up in a good mood.

there is an old talk saying that "coins is not everything, but without coins everything are cannot be done"

off topic: since when edit in forum is changed?

Hey, s for crafting exp at the end of rushing dungeons, i should do complexity 2 but what should i craft for best craft exp?

it is countable, of course.

considering the price in between the tier are way... off, so only Protoleather is worth doing.

Protoleather

requires 1 hide Vambraces 13.1/1=13.1

requires 1 hide Boots 14.8/1=14.8

requires 2 hides Coif 33/2=16.5

requires 3 hides Chaps 54.6/3=18.2

requires 5 hides Body 99.5/5=19.9

so, just craft the highest hides that required and you are good to go.

not sure how to format this, since tab and space are ignored.

You can only craft stuff complexity 4+, but for maximizing your cash I really recommend complexity 6. I personally prefer small dungeons due to the quickness of the dungeon, and that mediums usually don't give double the cash of smalls.

You should always craft protoleather bodies, as many of them as you can. They give the most xp per hide and are the quickest to make.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

You can only craft stuff complexity 4+, but for maximizing your cash I really recommend complexity 6. I personally prefer small dungeons due to the quickness of the dungeon, and that mediums usually don't give double the cash of smalls.

You should always craft protoleather bodies, as many of them as you can. They give the most xp per hide and are the quickest to make.

ops, my bad. maybe mixed up with you saying training other skills in dungeon.

ya, small is really fast. but the cash might not be as much as in a team. but !@#$% if your team see you training crafting, HAHAHA.

i have almost 95k of silver ore waiting at my bank. it is really fast crafting exp.

that time i buy at 139ea, regret not setting it lower, overnight then all completed

planning to continue raise my smithing too, as almost all of my smithing and most of my crafting lvl come from it.

ps. i smelted over 80k of silver ore and half of it into symbol to get my current smithing and crafting lvl now.

other half i stop making is that there is a times where price different too much.

maybe other who interested can try to buying ore or bar at around 129ea or even lower, and wait about 1 day and see.

symbol is selling quite ok at around 149ea, just last week i sell around 10k at 149ea, gone within 1 hour

Is it worth using a mining urn when mining iron then banking quickly in the dungeon next to it? i didnt think it was but just wondering on you thoughts, i dotn think so because it is far awy from a bank and you only get 325 exp from one urn so not really worth it when the bank trip is pretty long?

SUPER.gif

May be worth it to hi-alch the bodies instead of selling to smuggler.

That requires you to have a fire staff and nature runes bound, and for most it's not so feasible.

Plus, high alching is way slower than simply selling the bodies back.

@FierySoul: I would assume it's not worth it since you're only there to bank ores anyway.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

If you are in c3+ then you can simply craft the nats+fires...

My mistake I thought we got quite a bit more gp from the dungeons than the actual amount.

Anyways using the alchs may only be useful when you have 60k+ starting money, as they will give you an extra 5-6 bodies.

Wow, after looking at prices on the GE...

Runecrafting is now a crap moneymaker using any method that's not Great Orb Project.

A lot of other skills like mining, smithing, and the like took a steep hit as well.

Sad day... really don't know what to do to make money now :/

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Wow, after looking at prices on the GE...

Runecrafting is now a crap moneymaker using any method that's not Great Orb Project.

A lot of other skills like mining, smithing, and the like took a steep hit as well.

Sad day... really don't know what to do to make money now :/

Yeah, I've been (very slowly) working on a F2P skill money maker guide and I've noticed that prices are just stupidly low. Not only that, but with so many bots, it's impossible to find a place to skill.