The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

hey guys should I get 40 or 45 def of my pure str? Im 74 str 40 att 1 def right now,with prayer,magic and 40 ranged. And at what str should I level my def to 40 if I do it?

bye_2u_dude.png

hey guys should I get 40 or 45 def of my pure str? Im 74 str 40 att 1 def right now,with prayer,magic and 40 ranged. And at what str should I level my def to 40 if I do it?

i dont like pure at all ever since classic, useless beside PvP, so my comments might not correct.

for starter, i would recommand them to had at least 40 def to wear rune armor. but since you already had such stats, i would say dont lvl up def, let it stay at 1.

get prayer to 43, magic to 59(if it is anywhere near this lvl) and in pvp, make sure you make the first hit.

The recent RoW update increased the drop number of coal, yew logs, essence and herbs by a stunning amount. Coal and yew logs are almost worthless now.

Is the an anti-bot measure?

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The recent RoW update increased the drop number of coal, yew logs, essence and herbs by a stunning amount. Coal and yew logs are almost worthless now.

No, the way they said it made it clear that it was a peice of software to help either find bots, or to deal with them. All this does is hurt the profits the bots make. I'm almost certain that this new Jagex 'tool' for combatting bots was stat wiping. It was the only noticable thing Jagex did differently around the time they said it which is a joke. Especially with GP making bots, all stat wiping does is make them gain resources a couple % slower. Oh noes! My mining is now 50 instead of 90, I'll get 20 less iron ore per hour!!!

No, the way they said it made it clear that it was a peice of software to help either find bots, or to deal with them. All this does is hurt the profits the bots make. I'm almost certain that this new Jagex 'tool' for combatting bots was stat wiping. It was the only noticable thing Jagex did differently around the time they said it which is a joke. Especially with GP making bots, all stat wiping does is make them gain resources a couple % slower. Oh noes! My mining is now 50 instead of 90, I'll get 20 less iron ore per hour!!!

what you mean your mining level got lowered?

bye_2u_dude.png

what you mean your mining level got lowered?

He's not talking about himself, it's what a botter would say. Underlined what he means.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

I've always loved messing around with game mechanics. There's nothing more satisfying than figuring out how something works.

As you know, the shoe changing makeover store is members only. However, this does not mean f2p players can't change their shoes. In some cases, when you change your sex at the makeover mage, your shoes will change as well. I can't get it to change to what I want yet but I'm trying to understand it. Anyone know how to get whatever shoes you want?

I'm saying with this update, the price of raw materials crashed like a piece of rock. Making botting no longer a viable method to gain money?

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'm saying with this update, the price of raw materials crashed like a piece of rock. Making botting no longer a viable method to gain money?

A lot of the botters just want a high skill level. If they bot in their desire for money they'll just figure out something else.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

But that's prior free trade, no? Now there's plenty much more level 3's botting for GP to RWT if you've seen iron ores & yew trees in F2P.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

i don't see any evidence of the price of resources dropping.. the price of coal and iron ore actually increased after the update...

also a question about artisan's workshop:

what are your tips for the random event crafting the bronze ceremonial sword? i keep running out of cooldown and can't even get 90% and it tells me i don't get any exp and i wasted all that time..

if i need a "2 hit" , am i supposed to use medium even though medium is 0-3?

You gonna get got

no

This is the General Discussion forum old chap.

But OT: I think it won't be F2P, as I think this cape will get decent stats which will be to high for F2Pers).

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

no

But OT: I think it won't be F2P, as I think this cape will get decent stats which will be to high for F2Pers).

not much to discuss, 99 capes are p2p so why would these be any different?

no

there really isn't anything to discuss with a Yes/No question Lol....

What I think...

Just out of common trend, no it won't be f2p.

But at the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if they decide to make it f2p either.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

no

not much to discuss, 99 capes are p2p so why would these be any different?

Because these are a different kind of capes, and afterall, they do let F2Pers vote for the design of the cape and why would they do that if it's going to be P2P anyways.

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

If it is F2P; i would guess that it is going to be a cosmetic cape. Which would make sense, why should someone get the upper-hand because they created their account longerago?

So now I've actually bothered to do tasks again.

How many of the tasks are available in f2p? 160? This is including the ones in Varrock and Falador btw.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Veteran cape - a cape that any player can wear if their account is more than 5 years old

Next year, we will be able to offer an expanded version of the Veteran cape to those players who have been with us for 10 years. Currently, thats not possible, although we know that some of you are already 10-year veterans. See below for how YOU can help design this awesome cape!

Seems pretty explicitly F2P to me.

Link