The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

i binded a frac 2h + dromo body but swapped to frac 2h, fire staff + blast box. even without 65 rc all i need to do is start 3/4 c1s to fill up on deaths and airs, and i never use all my casts

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Here's my setup:

• - Fractite Spear
    • - This is my melee weapon. In dungeoneering, you want a good balance of speed, accuracy, and strength. The spear provides all three of these characteristics, whereas the 2h and maul fall short in speed and only yield negligible improvements in stats. Speed is vital, because the extra time spent waiting in between rounds adds up. These weapons may be slightly more useful against stronger, more defensive monsters, but in the long run the spear still prevails, especially in rushing which is much, much faster but is not the focus of this post. The battleaxe is a weapon of choice for some, but is basically a weakened version of the spear, with an open slot for a kite shield that is never worn and is completely useless anyway. Any other melee weapon is vastly incompetent.

- Spinebeam Shortbow + 125 Fractite Arrows

• - This is my ranged weapon. Although it is slightly less effective than the spear, it is the best option for rushing, especially on low floors and against monsters with very little health. For one, you do not have to run at out-of-the-way monsters and waste additional energy as a result. In addition, take advantage of the shortbow's fast firing rate. This will help you take down low leveled guardians much faster. Often times it only takes one shot to kill an Tier 1 monster - Why waste additional game-ticks with a melee weapon? Much more time than you think can be saved this way.
    - A staff and runes is not useful, because most bosses will give you a hard time if you mage anyway. Not to mention, you will still have to craft a large sum of elemental runes which wastes time. The only time when you really need magic is against a high tiered warrior. On World 61, these are virtually non-existent, and on World 7 the average team of five will easily take one down with just melee. For so many reasons, ranged is a much better choice, and runes can still be made if necessary (though rarely the case). Just as in F2P Runescape, magic in combat is nothing short of useless compared to ranged.

- Fractite Gauntlets

• - This might surprise you. Above level 100 Dungeoneering, you might think I would have some kind of armour bound to me. In fact however, armour does more harm than good. Anything that weighs you down will slow down the entire dungeon, exponentially. Rushing is easy without armour, and you don't need armour to rush. Don't even make armour, as the time it takes to gather the resources and create it can be used elsewhere. It's not a worthwhile investment.
    - A staff is not useful, for the same reason mentioned above. Even if I were to bind a staff, I would not be able to bind runes in place of my arrows and hence it would still be useless. Furthermore, contrary to popular misconception the magical blastbox counts as an ammunition bind and therefore would also replace the fractite arrows.
    - So why gauntlets? They give an additional +4 strength bonus, and a slight defensive bonus. Give me something more useful to bind that does not weigh me down.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

D'oh! How did I forget that gauntlets and boots have a slight offensive boost? #-o

Well, if you manage to find some dropped on the ground, go for it, I guess. Ranged armor has useful range bonuses as well.

But for the most part, armor simply doesn't protect you enough, and is heavy. Since f2p doesn't have agility, having armor on can get your run energy drained easily, especially when rushing or doing a complicated puzzle room.

As for f2p monsters in regular Runescape, I can't think of a single example of a monster worth killing that has high defense... rune scimitar still takes the cake.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

As for f2p monsters in regular Runescape, I can't think of a single example of a monster worth killing that has high defense... rune scimitar still takes the cake.

Do roach soldiers not have relativly higher defence? I don't know if they're 'worth' killing but back when I tried them they had half decent drops with alright exp rates. And with their weakness to stab, the +50 from the Grappier would probably be better then the +7 of the rune scim.

Do roach soldiers not have relativly higher defence? I don't know if they're 'worth' killing but back when I tried them they had half decent drops with alright exp rates. And with their weakness to stab, the +50 from the Grappier would probably be better then the +7 of the rune scim.

Cockroach soldiers do have decent defence (for F2P), but a Rune Scimitar will still slice them up with 70+ Attack and the Slash combat style. Nobody would/should use the Stab option of the Rune Scimitar, just to exploit a weakness. It's just too ineffective, with it's small Attack bonus.

The G. Rapier might be marginally more effective with it's Stab option, but as others said, this is offset by the time needed to earn the tokens/GP needed for recharging. It's probably a toss-up up either way...

Sorry to bother you guys but i have another question, is the woodcutting urn worth it when cutting willows, i have explorer's ring 3 equipped and then if i have the urn, i have dae ring for tele an urn, are the two invent spcaes worth it plus the time of getting a new urn?

SUPER.gif

After doing a bit of training at Ice giants with rune scimitar and gravite rapier I came up with these numbers:

Exp gained with rune scim using slash (agressive): 20.5k exp/hour approx

Exp gained with gravite rapier using stab: 25k exp/hour approx

With this information, and the fact that Gravite Rapier lasts for 10 hours... You could 45k exp in a desired melee skill extra for 100k cash + 10k tokens (or whatever for recharge) or 1m. If you are flipping while you training/banking, you should be easily able to make 1m in 10 hours. So I guess it is up to you. If you are willing to spend 1m cash for saving approximately 2 hours of training.

After doing a bit of training at Ice giants with rune scimitar and gravite rapier I came up with these numbers:

With this information, and the fact that Gravite Rapier lasts for 10 hours... You could 45k exp in a desired melee skill extra for 100k cash + 10k tokens (or whatever for recharge) or 1m. If you are flipping while you training/banking, you should be easily able to make 1m in 10 hours. So I guess it is up to you. If you are willing to spend 1m cash for saving approximately 2 hours of training.

It lasts for 25 hours and the recharge costs is 100k + 6.5k tokens, not 10k tokens.

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

It lasts for 25 hours and the recharge costs is 100k + 6.5k tokens, not 10k tokens.

Ummm...what? It's 10k tokens...

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

i dont get it, why wc willows at port sarim while it is just beside draynor bank? because of bots?

anyway, why not, the extra exp is always welcome, combining ring of kinship with explorer ring 3 and above.

I havent been there yet since the big update but im pretty sure it will be jam packed with bots and people, although there is less trees at port sarim im guessing it will have much less people in ratio to amount of trees.

SUPER.gif

[hide]

Ummm...what? It's 10k tokens...

[/hide]

:rolleyes:

2ur9xn7.jpg

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

Some people may be confused on the amount of tokens needed because runescape.wikia says 10k.

Also because the chaotics follow the pattern of 2m or 200k + 20k, so people assumed it was the same for gravite (proportionally at least)

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Just a bit of confirming needed for gravite weapons. I plan on getting a gravite 2h for some 1-item pking ownage in the wildy (I suck lol), and just need to get some things straight.

Ok, now I know about the full recharge, which is 100k + 6.5k tokens. Shouldn't be too troublesome.

About the lasting in 25 hours bit. It's 25 hours in combat, correct? Or do the amount of hits you take contribute to this?

And the slash is -4 as well?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Artisans Workshop

the Cart Tracks a very nice way to earn smithing exp without need to spent any money. however, the exp is quite slow

the Burial Armour, need quite an amounts of ore, and the product armor are gone into thin air

the Diversions however, out of 3 types, only the walking armor is happen often. i never see the other 2.

cool, the Ceremonial Swords Diversions quite fun, it basically the same as member. just that it do not required anything but a normal hammer(golden hammer wont work), i wonder why.

now only the burst pipes i havent seen yet.

i not sure the exp it get is quite low for someone who smith, but for ppl that only smelt, the exp is great.

underground rails exp is so-so, but ground floor armor exp is quite good.

Just a bit of confirming needed for gravite weapons. I plan on getting a gravite 2h for some 1-item pking ownage in the wildy (I suck lol), and just need to get some things straight.

Ok, now I know about the full recharge, which is 100k + 6.5k tokens. Shouldn't be too troublesome.

About the lasting in 25 hours bit. It's 25 hours in combat, correct? Or do the amount of hits you take contribute to this?

And the slash is -4 as well?

it's 10 hours of combat, however, the way they calculate combat, makes it more like 25 hours. They only time your combat when an attack turn is being taken (you swing your sword)

yes, - 4 slash.

The sword has 3 slash options, and 1 crush option, like a normal 2h.

With -4 slash.

Have fun.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png