The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Or he could've asked Jagex... pretty sure he's been to their hq and met with MMG and Andrew.

Meeting them never came with advantages though.

I did change it via FunOrb.

Don't do that! It makes Jagex think that funorb was a success.

Funorb is already dead. ;)

I know, thus me not wanting to make Jagex think it's a success...

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Personally, I think F2P should get Wave spells, Mystic armour, (Or Splitbark) And Yew bows/Rune arrows.

I agree with this, but Yew bows+rune arrows would rape everything in f2p, you can already hit 18s with Addy Arrows (Don't know the new max hit) real fast, and yew bows+rune arrows would make you hit more accurate 20s at the speed of a shortbow? no thanks.

Even just giving F2P yew bows but not rune arrows may be fine.

Olde Time Runer coming back to F2p after not playing since 2007 here. I'm glad it still has a decent community, I feared everyone would have gotten bored by now. Though there seems to be quite a few cool new updates to keep me busy. Hope to run into some of you nice people soon! :-D

Personally, I like F2p the way it is. I would be perfectly content if no more content was released for F2p.

I partially agree, but honestly....Magic needs serious help in f2p.

Give them level 40 stuff just like melee and range does. And wave spells too.

I think just giving them that would greatly balance mage back in for f2p combat.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Just got the bronze ceremonial sword guy come to me.

I made a perfect sword and got a one-time reward of 15k smithing xp... and a diamond!

Man, artisan's workshop rocks. Anyone else feel the same?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Just got the bronze ceremonial sword guy come to me.

I made a perfect sword and got a one-time reward of 15k smithing xp... and a diamond!

Man, artisan's workshop rocks. Anyone else feel the same?

still ok, but i now feeling dumb. 1st time around 55%, 2nd time 75%, not yet had 3rd but surely will over 90%. since the chance of getting Aksel while smithing tracks is very low and long.

after few day ago decided to play back dungeoneering after been stopped for almost 1 year. trying to cope with the many things, especially all the puzzles.

does this Aksel random event thing only appear at the tracks or can it also appear in the burial armor?

also, does anyone know what is the exp per hour for the tracks for the highest lvl one you can do for f2p?

You gonna get got

Personally, I think F2P should get Wave spells, Mystic armour, (Or Splitbark) And Yew bows/Rune arrows.

Agreed as well. Wave spells would be the solution, and some more mage-friendly equipment would be nice. Seems like the bows and arrows would unnecessarily make ranged overpowered, but isn't it logical to have these things in F2P, since rune and yew items are mainly regarded as F2P? I don't know. I would understand if you disagree, and even I am only loosely supportive of this idea.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Since its the start of the thread, I'll just give my opinion.

I've been F2P and P2P and I think while F2P has a lot for being free, I do think it should be updated once in a while. Like a thread in the Debate forums, giving F2P a low-leveled P2P boss like the Mole or KBD isn't a bad idea. It won't hurt P2P'ers, only benefit F2P'ers. Giving F2P higher bows than willow (or was it maple?) would be nice too, as well as the ability to let F2P craft chaos runes and cast some higher spells.

Those who think this will degrade members, you're wrong. F2P won't be getting the hundred or so Member's quest, nor their skills, their leveling abilities, nor items. Just a few things to give F2P once P2P outdates them. KGD is not a very-used boss I'm sure, so what's the harm in giving that to F2P?

Basically, give Member's leftovers to F2P as P2P gains more stuff.

EDIT* Ahh, this reminds me of when TIF had P2P and F2P General forums...anybody remember that? :lol:

The main reason they don't add something that would benefit F2P besides the essentials is because if people only wanted to kill KBD, and they made it F2P, they wouldn't spend money to kill it then. They are a business, they want money.

Also, the KBD or Mole would be near impossible to solo in F2P.

No1s_Perfect.png

Would you guys say that 225k is a worthy investment to get from 67 smithing to 70 smithing?

Back in the day, I mined my own coal and mithril just to smith myself up to 70. It took a few months, and 225K is basically nothing so yes, probably. You should just superheat it; you'll get it in no time.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Could you break even superheating the coal and mith into mith bars? Because currently I'm using the new artisans workshop to get xp (101 xp for the iron xxx with the I level, 111 when I'm smithing the right thing(about 80% of the time)).

the workshop is like 2gp/1xp or somthing. no idea how fast it is but its cheap

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Could you break even superheating the coal and mith into mith bars? Because currently I'm using the new artisans workshop to get xp (101 xp for the iron xxx with the I level, 111 when I'm smithing the right thing(about 80% of the time)).

Acording to RSWiki's calculator http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculators/Superheat you lose 2 gp per bar today. As prices are always fluctuating you can either profit or lose. Back when I superheated addy from 75-83 I would sometimes profit up to 200 gp each or lose up to 200 gp each. Over the long term though, I did still profit. Just watch the GE charts, time your buying/selling and it should work well.

Also, looking at that calculator. Superheating addy is 818 gp loss per...ouch!

the workshop is like 2gp/1xp or somthing. no idea how fast it is but its cheap

Its 40k per hour with iron ingot I

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

Just to make sure, fishing isn't great for money-making anymore, right? Fishing happens to be my highest skill so this kinda stinks. Is coal still a feasible way to make cash in f2p? Sorry, it's been years haha.

Free trade killed fishing as even a half viable option for GP. With the shear number of bots and other deeper economic chalanges the price is half of what it used to be. If I remeber correctly, I could catch 200-250 lobs per hour (did the test a while ago so I may be wrong), so you're looking at a max of ~25k/h.

Coal on the other hand is tricky. It's at a really high price right now so it may be good. The only issues are that anywhere that's worth mining is packed with bots. You could try the resource dungeon, but I wouldn't bet on that being free either.

This also brings up something I have been thinking about a lot.

Since I'm back to F2P in a week, I'm thinking about making a F2P skill related money making guide. In it I would outline all of the ways to make GP with skills regardless of how good they are (ie: all types of logs, all ores etc). Is there a guide like this floating around the internet already? I haven't found one, but haven;t looked too hard. I'd hate to make somehting that's derivative of something someone else already made. Also, if I do make it, would anyone be willing to help me out by giving me rates that they already have (credited to you of course) like ess crafted per hour etc so that I don't have to do 1 hour tests (my lowest sample size I would allow) for every single F2P thing.

I'm thinking about making a F2P skill related money making guide. In it I would outline all of the ways to make GP with skills regardless of how good they are (ie: all types of logs, all ores etc). Is there a guide like this floating around the internet already? I haven't found one, but haven;t looked too hard.

F2P Smithing Training

bottom of the page got all F2P training, but mostly it only state best method for that current lvl.

if you make one, not everything will be accurate, when high lvl mining, wc, fishing and etc it is totally different from someone who just get to that lvl.

at the top of the guide will need to state your current lvl of that skill, so at least it will give someone an idea that xp/h when he reach such lvl.

this few days, my internet connection is not stable, not sure if it is related to the Japan earthquake.

not only that, i had bad luck doing anything IRL, mess up thing, spoil thing, sick and etc.

edit: add latest news

Hasbro & Jagex Announce Transformers MMO, Taken from TT News

Transformers MMO

more today news

Dungeoneering Tweaks and patch notes

you will be surprised by the amounts of updates that are very good.

i am very happy with most of the updates

Mining sucks for moneymaking right now, your lucky even to get a ore, bots have completely ruined mining apart from rune mining.

Jagex did say that increase of bots is the price that had to pay to get free trade and wilderness back.

but they also say that they had improved system to catch it, so that it wont be a problems for too long, which dont seem like the case at all.

the bots had improved too, such that they can even play FoG, GoP, or something similar difficulty.