The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I've always liked DIY, especially with mining/smithing, and the mining guild has always been filled with bots.

But lately it's just unbearable to mine coal there, I can't even get a full inventory (with coal bag) in less than 20 minutes at certain times of the day. I don't think there is even one real person mining over there !!

Do somebody know where I could mine some coal at a relatively good pace now ?

Skeleton mine @ Lvl 9-10 Wildy for coal, if you have decent defense. Fantastic spot. That's where you'll find me.

Some low level Skellies are there (Lvl ~25). Low risk of loss from PK'ers. Easy to tele away if bothered.

I've always liked DIY, especially with mining/smithing, and the mining guild has always been filled with bots.

But lately it's just unbearable to mine coal there, I can't even get a full inventory (with coal bag) in less than 20 minutes at certain times of the day. I don't think there is even one real person mining over there !!

I did around 90-99 mining on PvP worlds, specifically Brazilian-language PvP worlds. I don't speak Portugese, but it doesn't make a differenceyou can still do all the basic functions that you'd do anywhere else.

Honestly, I think it's an excellent idea and I highly recommend it. I did it for well over a year and never died once (and have probably been assaulted at least 80 times) because I kept about 4-5 salmon in my inventory at all times, and that was always enough to get me from the bank to the Mining Guild or vice-versa (I had roughly 58-60 HP). I have never seen more than 4 people there at one time (usually 2-3, but pretty often I'd actually be by myself), and anyone who does mine there is clearly not botting. And of course, the guild is a safe zone. :P

tl;dr version: Mine in a Brazilian PvP world with some salmon and you'll be fine.

Did you realize there was a big update on Feb 1st? There are no PvP worlds anymore...

[404] Signature not found.

I did around 90-99 mining on PvP worlds, specifically Brazilian-language PvP worlds. I don't speak Portugese, but it doesn't make a differenceyou can still do all the basic functions that you'd do anywhere else.

Honestly, I think it's an excellent idea and I highly recommend it. I did it for well over a year and never died once (and have probably been assaulted at least 80 times) because I kept about 4-5 salmon in my inventory at all times, and that was always enough to get me from the bank to the Mining Guild or vice-versa (I had roughly 58-60 HP). I have never seen more than 4 people there at one time (usually 2-3, but pretty often I'd actually be by myself), and anyone who does mine there is clearly not botting. And of course, the guild is a safe zone. :P

tl;dr version: Mine in a Brazilian PvP world with some salmon and you'll be fine.

Did you realize there was a big update on Feb 1st? There are no PvP worlds anymore...

Oops. That's right. That really sucks.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

i almost have 80 attack, and i was wondering which combat skill to train next?

i was planning to get 85 str next ,and then get the def to 80

what is your recommendations?

the only monsters i really fight are lesser demons, cockroach soldiers, sometimes ankous

You gonna get got

Quick question about f2p dungeoneering.... When I'm dungeoneering on my lvl 3 combat account, do I get the normal ammount of dunj exp for doing dungeons with my lvl 124 friend, or do I get more or less than a normal account (like someone who was combat lvl 20-90 or w/e) would? I remember hearing some rule about lvl 3 combat skiller's exp from dungeons, I just can't remember if they get an exp penalty, or bonus.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Quick question about f2p dungeoneering.... When I'm dungeoneering on my lvl 3 combat account, do I get the normal ammount of dunj exp for doing dungeons with my lvl 124 friend, or do I get more or less than a normal account (like someone who was combat lvl 20-90 or w/e) would? I remember hearing some rule about lvl 3 combat skiller's exp from dungeons, I just can't remember if they get an exp penalty, or bonus.

For levels 1-20ish, you'll get full amounts of experience. When you start getting above floor (er, deeper than?) 20, you'll start getting dinged in the % bonuses. The more skillers you have in the floor, the less you should get dinged.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

For levels 1-20ish, you'll get full amounts of experience. When you start getting above floor (er, deeper than?) 20, you'll start getting dinged in the % bonuses. The more skillers you have in the floor, the less you should get dinged.

So dungeoneering will be even slower on my skiller, especially since it's just my friend and I?

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

the only monsters i really fight are lesser demons, cockroach soldiers, sometimes ankous

I'd say get 80/80/80 first, then decide where you want to go from that.

With equal prestige and barring any deaths, you will always get more XP than a player with a much higher combat level.

If I (Lvl 105) pair up with a Lvl 126, I'll always get more XP than him on the same floor, regardless of the floor we complete.

As your combat lvl increases, the base XP you get per floor decreases.

That's the way I see it (Please correct me if I'm wrong)...

There is the uneven combat level modifier that kicks in with the 3+124 team, but your 124 friend will still get far more xp, and quicker than if he were solo. Now if he normally c1 rushes, then his long term xp/hr will probably go down.

If you have 0 inclination to pk then just keep em even. For those monsters ankou and roaches are very close to a bank so att>str>def.

I am not sure why you are killing lessers, for the ashes?

I seem to be addicted to the dice game :ohnoes:

I've have 10mil starting from 17mil two days ago. I just use Martingale system and I just cant stop. Yesterday, I had a reality check when I lost 200k, 400k, 800k,...6400k in a row. I was down to my last 13mil. I went to awq and bet the house. And won.

Everytime I log on, I have a urge to go to w1. And those hosts keep pming me all the time to come play.

It's funny because in real life, I have never bet even a single $, nor do I plan to.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

because recently not sure why my pc randomly hang and crash, so i stop training combat and go for FoG.

i go w1, guess what, it is empty there. cant even get enough ppl to start a game

so i go to theme world 20 and 25. omg, there are FULL of ppl there. but after play for few round, i notice the pattern of all look like bots, WTH

now i go again, the FoG is unable to enter because of too many ppl and it need to wait before some ppl get out from there.

my integrated graphic had serve me well for so long, but today is too lag. i had run out of ideas to solve this lag.

i think maybe is too many people, and because of the hit splats updates.

last resort is to try increase the amount of ram available for java from 512MB to 1GB and it does help a little.

YA, hahaha, finally my first 5k charges.

anim7, what dice games you talking about?

because recently not sure why my pc randomly hang and crash, so i stop training combat and go for FoG.

i go w1, guess what, it is empty there. cant even get enough ppl to start a game

so i go to theme world 20 and 25. omg, there are FULL of ppl there. but after play for few round, i notice the pattern of all look like bots, WTH

now i go again, the FoG is unable to enter because of too many ppl and it need to wait before some ppl get out from there.

my integrated graphic had serve me well for so long, but today is too lag. i had run out of ideas to solve this lag.

last resort is to try increase the amount of ram available for java from 512MB to 1GB and it does help a little.

Go world1 and its north of west bank. You will see "60x2" etc. You basically join their cc, give them your bet and they roll 1-100. If you get 60 or above, your money is doubled. Of course, its 99% scammers, but there are a few legit regulars that can be spotted easily. The odds are against you in the long run.

100% F2P

anim7.png

Have you tried downloading and using Jagex's own Runescape Windows stand-alone client?

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/Downloads_and_Wallpapers

You don't need to have Java or the latest web browser installed. It's perfectly safe and runs in it's own uncluttered simple browser window.

I've gone from using Firefox + Java to the RS stand-alone client, a few months ago. I find it runs much smoother, uses less system resources, and has more total viewing area without all the buttons and bars.

Good luck...

Have you tried downloading and using Jagex's own Runescape Windows stand-alone client?

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/Downloads_and_Wallpapers

You don't need to have Java or the latest web browser installed. It's perfectly safe and runs in it's own uncluttered simple browser window.

I've gone from using Firefox + Java to the RS stand-alone client, a few months ago. I find it runs much smoother, uses less system resources, and has more total viewing area without all the buttons and bars.

Good luck...

yes, of course i using the client ever since it been available. i already try the common usual step of diagnosis like reinstall java, delete cache, update graphic driver, and etc

i gonna try FoG with other PC, and see whats happen.

yup, only my pc had this problem, i wonder why. oh well, today i already send to computer shop for system check. lets just what had caused hang and auto restart and also FoG problem.

HAHA, see, i told ya. something sure going on for south east of falador. cant wait for the smithing updates, but i think it might not be the thing we all had hoped for.

oh no, i just bought the coal bag for all the tokens i have.. will the smithing update make it useless?

We don't know what the training method will entail exactly, and if it allows you to bank less often it might be a better investment than before.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

oh no, i just bought the coal bag for all the tokens i have.. will the smithing update make it useless?

We don't know what the training method will entail exactly, and if it allows you to bank less often it might be a better investment than before.

Any of the best/new/faster training methods probably won't make it our way with the smithing update. We'll see a part of it, but I doubt it'll be a major game-changer for F2P.

The coal bag is a worthy and fairly cheap investment, in any case. No regrets necessary...

ok, i started using the coal bag today, but i noticed a bug i think..

i put one coal in the bag while in the bank, and then i filled the bag with another 26 coal, then withdrew 8 coal and the rest iron ore

and after i finished superheating 17 steel bars, the one extra coal i put in the bag was gone!!! it said coal bag was empty even though 17 steel bars only use 34 coal

also, when i put the one piece of coal in the bag and then filled it with 26 coal, and i clicked inspect, the bag said there was only 26 coal!

why?

You gonna get got

ok, i started using the coal bag today, but i noticed a bug i think..

i put one coal in the bag while in the bank, and then i filled the bag with another 26 coal, then withdrew 8 coal and the rest iron ore

and after i finished superheating 17 steel bars, the one extra coal i put in the bag was gone!!! it said coal bag was empty even though 17 steel bars only use 34 coal

also, when i put the one piece of coal in the bag and then filled it with 26 coal, and i clicked inspect, the bag said there was only 26 coal!

why?

Maybe the bag has a hole in it?

100% F2P

anim7.png

I swear I've experienced that same thing with the coal bag... withdrawing and storing 18 coal twice in a row and only getting 26 out of it. But immediately after I could not replicate it so I decided my eyes were deceiving me (after I did a few reality checks because I've been trying to lucid dream lol)

notthemightiesttreeuj3.png

+-------------------------+

| . . . . Pure F2P . . . .|

| sig8.png |

| 73 74 73 75 70 86 65 80 |

| sig9.png |

| 85 80 80 80 80 80 80 65 |

| Combat: 092 Total: 1235 |

I've got 49K Dung tokens so I want to buy another gravite weapon, but I can't really chose between rapier and longsword :mellow:.

I'll only use it in Clan Wars, so I thought the longsword would be better because it has more chance to hit through armour.

But the rapier is faster, which is also an advantage :).

So... which one do you think is the best?

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

I've got 49K Dung tokens so I want to buy another gravite weapon, but I can't really chose between rapier and longsword :mellow:.

I'll only use it in Clan Wars, so I thought the longsword would be better because it has more chance to hit through armour.

But the rapier is faster, which is also an advantage :).

So... which one do you think is the best?

although both of it are better, yet both of it only offer slightly stronger than its rune counterpart. but g2h is the one that really worth it, considering the token needed is the same.