The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I use the canoes for getting from barbvill to Edgevill for urn banking urns. And yes there is a deposit box on the Port Sarim docks.

I use that for banking urns, but it isn't that much quicker. Saves run energy, though.

I'll have to check out the deposit box; it isn't on any world map I know of (ingame or tipits)

Wait, smithing update? Will they finally fix the messed up allotment of smithing rewards?(Aka rune still requiring 90+ freaking smithing to make)

It's rumoured to be coming soon.

On the subject of ER(4) is it even worth it? I mean an extra run charge is cool and all but is that really all the benefit it offers with an insanely higher skill requirement?

Actually you don't even get an extra (fourth) charge. The ER4 still only gives you 3. So unless you would take advantage of the food hamper in Lumbridge, or the ring's ability to superheat and high-alch a few times a day, then no, it's not worth it.

^^ Doing tasks are never a bad idea - (that is if you already have the requirements)

It's a nice change of pace and the rewards for doing individual tasks are pretty nice - I try to incorporate some as I do things nearby. Additionally, if I'm really bored of menial things like fishing or crafting or casting a bajillion high alchs - I find that doing tasks serves as a nice break.

68 Smithing and a pretty high RC level? Um no.

I guessed the part where I said if you already have the requirements - it's not a bad idea to do it.

Even so, leveling up hard skills is not a bad idea. What are you going to do? Just level up WC and never smith/get prayer cause it's hard?

Getting the ring is a great idea especially for all the daily bonuses you get. It's a lot more worthwhile to get that then spend a bajillion hours on easy skills.

And you're playing in f2p - undoubtably all the skills are going to be harder to train. That doesn't mean you shouldn't train them though.

capt%20kevin.png

Train dungeoneering? I mean, to me it's one of the funner skills. I try to grind as little as possible, and that includes ignoring wc, fishing, fming, and cooking as much as possible, even those are "easy".

Besides, what does the level 4 ring provide over the level 3 ring? Extra food (I fight maybe once every 3 sessions), extra magic spells (I don't always go to a bank to use up my existing ones)...

Now that I think about what I said, I'm not sure why I said it. You did mention already having the requirements, and I know I read that...

The smelting urns do work with Superheat.

I've been making my urns at the Crafting Guild. Everything is there in a very small area. Plenty of clay rocks (low competition), a sink, pottery wheels, and a pottery oven.

I cabbage-tele, run west, load up with ~25 urns, Daemonheim-tele, bank and repeat. I have room for empty runed urns of each skill, so this method works well for me.

The urn update is great for f2p. For p2p, not so much.

What an urn basically is, is bonus exp. You don't load up an urn with salmon or tuna, but leftovers from while you're doing that skill.

It's a pity you can only have 10 full urns at a time though. Would be nice to stack it all together in a bank and watch the numbers fly.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Hi, dont really get what this urn updates does? What does an urn do and how does it help?

Essentially, the urn catches the 'scraps' from skilling. Say you`re mining. You mine 1 iron ore and your urn collects some imaginary `scrap`iron ore and gets a certain percentage full. Then, once the urn is full, you can click it to teleport it away and get experience for it. I know in P2P the best urns usually do 20% bonus exp but Im not sure about F2P.

The urn update is great for f2p. For p2p, not so much.

What an urn basically is, is bonus exp. You don't load up an urn with salmon or tuna, but leftovers from while you're doing that skill.

It's a pity you can only have 10 full urns at a time though. Would be nice to stack it all together in a bank and watch the numbers fly.

I think that it might be due to the brawler gloves. If somebody were to stack a few of those urns with some brawlers then they would be seeing like a 40% boost to their exp/hr (since it's already a 20% boost) and one can just stack up a ton before teleporting. That's the only reason I can think of as to why they limit how many full urns you can have.

Does brawler gloves even work with urns?

capt%20kevin.png

does getting that 1 extra item (that the urn takes up) add up to more xp than the urn will give you in any skill?

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

No lamps needed to level mining, prayer, etc. Can now level where ever you want :D

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

You can take up to 27 urns with you when powertraining. They should last over an hour, maybe even over two hours. You don't have to return to bank to stock up with new urns. Just take them with you when you start powertraining and stay there as long as you want, even if your urns are all used.

[404] Signature not found.

i have a question about the explorer ring 4 requirement to craft 100 water runes:

do i absolutely need to have 57 runecrafting, or is there a way to craft 100 water runes at a lower level?

You can craft that many at a lower level, it's just the closer you are to 57, the easier it gets

i don't understand, how is it possible at a lower level? the explorer ring bonuses don't count, and i don't see any other way if i only get 3x water runes..

You gonna get got

i have a question about the explorer ring 4 requirement to craft 100 water runes:

do i absolutely need to have 57 runecrafting, or is there a way to craft 100 water runes at a lower level?

You can craft that many at a lower level, it's just the closer you are to 57, the easier it gets

i don't understand, how is it possible at a lower level? the explorer ring bonuses don't count, and i don't see any other way if i only get 3x water runes..

At level 56 runecrafting, you'll craft approximately 3.6 water runes per essence. If you go with 28 essence, on average you'll craft 100.8. That's long run average though, so sometimes it might be more, sometimes less.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

It's possible to do that diary task as low as 52 runecrafting, though I severely doubt you can at lower levels.

Just keep crafting water runes once you hit 50+, and you'll hit the 100 mark eventually.

Remember, runecrafting is a skill that benefits you in the long run. The more you train it, the more you will get out of that skill (quantity/cash anyways, xp doesn't change).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

"Pure f2per" like the 1 defence guys thinking they are THE BEST or the people that always are F2P? :P

Anyway, merchanting/flipping is the only decent money maker for free players imo.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Anyway, merchanting/flipping is the only decent money maker for free players imo.

Yes, I took up merchanting at on 1st February and currently 66M profit.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...