The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

At your level I highly suggest 2hander. The high-hitting of it outweighs the benefit of having 1 hand free, and you can always switch weapons when encountering dragons.

FYI, I'm cb 92 and I do dragons just with prayer+2h.

i have a question about the artisan workshop rewards.. are the 3 rewards permanent or they only last for a certain time and you have to gain the respect again?

oh ya, if you never ask about it, i would never even thought about it. but i think it is most likely permanent.

#off topic

hell ya, the Firefox 4 is cool, really make use of all the spaces. no IE9 for XP, shame on you MS.

ya its permanent

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Does anyone know the xp rate for making burial armor with iron ingots I?

Its stupidly good imo, considering the LACK of concentration you need to do it. I was getting around 40-50k/h when i did it, that workshop has made smithing laughable easy now, which *guess* is fine considering how easy it already was in members.

SDAlXLd.png

1543 Skill total, 100% F2P

Its stupidly good imo, considering the LACK of concentration you need to do it. I was getting around 40-50k/h when i did it, that workshop has made smithing laughable easy now, which *guess* is fine considering how easy it already was in members.

You still need to switch items like every 6-7 items made, if you really want to maximize exp.

I really love this update though, a skill that is a pain to train is now open to anyone basically.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

You still need to switch items like every 6-7 items made, if you really want to maximize exp.

I really love this update though, a skill that is a pain to train is now open to anyone basically.

I dont really think its worth having to switch items when you gain 103.5 per bar vs 111 (or 113) per bar, since you will get the right command 1/4th of the time if you make any random item. i would prefer to sacrifice the extra 8 exp for the freedom to do other things!

though if you wanted to really get the most out of it, you have the option to pay attention too!

SDAlXLd.png

1543 Skill total, 100% F2P

Don't let "Jagex said smithing revamp" ragers hear you.

Personally, I like that update. Right now, I'm waiting for a proper revamp.

La Vallett1

A.k.a. "Nostalgic Vallett"

What's been said must be done.

I have 70 smithing which ingots should i use? an wat would the exp rates be? plus is it the higher the ingot the more expensive it is per exp?

always iron ingot I, other are totally not worth it. using RS 'ticks'(way of counting time) the exp maybe be around 130k/h

I have 70 smithing which ingots should i use? an wat would the exp rates be? plus is it the higher the ingot the more expensive it is per exp?

always iron ingot I, other are totally not worth it. using RS 'ticks' the exp maybe be around 130k/h

Whats an rs tick?

SUPER.gif

always iron ingot I, other are totally not worth it. using RS 'ticks' the exp maybe be around 130k/h

Whats an rs tick?

RuneScape Clock

every 'tick' is 0.6 seconds, and smithing need 4 ticks.

always iron ingot I, other are totally not worth it. using RS 'ticks'(way of counting time) the exp maybe be around 130k/h

Really? 130k exp/h? That sounds great! What sort of gp/exp is that though? I've been thinking that I want to either get 99 crafting or smithing next and if the gp/exp is decent I think Artisans Workshop may be a great place to get it.

It's not 130k, actually about 40k per hour.

Very slow, but 1,63 gp per xp is amazing.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

haha, late at night again, maybe i count wrong. i later count again.

1 tick = 0.6 sec

Forging at an anvil: 4 per item smithed

every item only need 1 ingot

28 ingots = 28 items

assume ignore the Suak calls

1 item = 2.4 sec

1 hour = 3600 sec

1 inventory = 67.2 sec

assume every loads need to deposit and collect more ingots. ~ 80 sec

3600 / 80 = 45 loads

45 * 28 = 1260 items smithed

1260 * 101 = 127,260 xp (not counting the extra exp when 1/4 of the time match the Suak calls)

reference: 3600 / 2.4 = 1500 items smithed (non-stop, impossible scenario)

i not very sure, correct me if i am wrong.

Pretty sure smithing one item takes way longer than 4 ticks at a time.

Also it is pretty much mandatory to listen to Suak because you get 10% more exp (+1% more if you buy the 20% respect thing).

I also found out a way to train crafting for "free". It involves dungeoneering and totally clearing out the dungeon (against my rushing rule lol). Gather all the coins from monsters, sell items if you really want to, and use all the money to craft as many protoleather bodies as you can. It's actually pretty neat, I gain ~3k-4k crafting xp per small dungeon (frozen) from all that cash. Since I don't exclusively skill either, a frozen small only takes 20 minutes, no longer than that. Sure it's slow but at least it isn't annoying :thumbup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Pretty sure smithing one item takes way longer than 4 ticks at a time.

Also it is pretty much mandatory to listen to Suak because you get 10% more exp (+1% more if you buy the 20% respect thing).

hm... now that you say it, 4 ticks seem too quick. i didnt tried myself there, and based the smithing time at wikia. now that iron ore return, i might try when i had time.

lets say 8 ticks also roughly 68k.

listen to Suak calls not always the only choice, you lose some times changing. just to get 10% which about 10xp and the extra 1xp, while smith another one will just get 101xp.

hm... now that you say it, 4 ticks seem too quick. i didnt tried myself there, and based the smithing time at wikia. now that iron ore return, i might try when i had time.

lets say 8 ticks also roughly 68k.

listen to Suak calls not always the only choice, you lose some times changing. just to get 10% which about 10xp and the extra 1xp, while smith another one will just get 101xp.

Well, you don't get any cash back in return, so you pretty much HAVE to listen to Suak to get the most out of it.

Also, bone yard rocks. Just sayin'.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

ya, it feel like much more longer to smith at the workshop.

most ppl are lazy, and prefer afk training(because of repeatably), this is also the main reason why ppl choose to bot

but like sonikku say, it is just like dumping the cash into the sea, but other who powersmithing plate might consider this good gp/xp

Just timed it, every item takes 9 seconds to make, so 15 game ticks. Make your own conclusions.

Max xp per hour is 44400, but in reality 40k.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...