The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

With all this discussion about the Artisans Workshop, I have to ask: in light of this new method of training, would I be obtuse to insist on getting 99 smithing with addy platebodies? I can easily afford itjust wondering.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

With all this discussion about the Artisans Workshop, I have to ask: in light of this new method of training, would I be obtuse to insist on getting 99 smithing with addy platebodies? I can easily afford itjust wondering.

I'm actually in the process of getting 99 smithing with addy platebodies. AW is usefull before 88 (87 if stouting) but after 88 addy plates are your best bet. I bought my bars at 2250 and sell my plates at 9850 so it's -4.5 gp/exp @ 200k exp/h which is far better then AW. And with scroll of efficiency, that cost goes down to just under 4 gp/exp.

I'm actually in the process of getting 99 smithing with addy platebodies. AW is usefull before 88 (87 if stouting) but after 88 addy plates are your best bet. I bought my bars at 2250 and sell my plates at 9850 so it's -4.5 gp/exp @ 200k exp/h which is far better then AW. And with scroll of efficiency, that cost goes down to just under 4 gp/exp.

Wow you are getting 200exp/hr and it is 4gp/exp, thats incredible. Btw what is AW?

SUPER.gif

Excellent! Thanks for that info. :)

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

For the Artisans Workshop, I'd rather spend much longer time making iron ingot 1 with the xp boost than shelling out lots of unnecessary mils for the other ingots.

You get no money for doing this. And since most moneymakers in f2p have crashed recently I don't wanna be a poor man again ;_;

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

For the Artisans Workshop, I'd rather spend much longer time making iron ingot 1 with the xp boost than shelling out lots of unnecessary mils for the other ingots.

You get no money for doing this. And since most moneymakers in f2p have crashed recently I don't wanna be a poor man again ;_;

well say, it is hard to earn money already.

I can just recoup the money rune mining though and 6mill isnt that much for 80 smithing

SUPER.gif

I can just recoup the money rune mining though and 6mill isnt that much for 80 smithing

Is wildy rune mining any risky at all nowadays? With the current situation of the lack of people in the wilderness...

And my cash pile isn't even 6m. <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Is wildy rune mining any risky at all nowadays? With the current situation of the lack of people in the wilderness...

And my cash pile isn't even 6m. <_<

Basically, no. Wear full rune, have 12+ swordies in your inventory, wield a rune scimitar (and you'll look more like a pker than a miner), and most importantly have an explorers ring for extra long runs if there is any trouble.

Deadly red spiders are good to shake people off, and hobgoblins south of there too. Lots of aggressive monsters in single fight areas make it easy to shake an opponent off.

But rune mining is still pretty competitive, last time I did it, I had to hop 5 times before I found ore.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Why full rune over green dragonhide?

Why 12 pieces of food?

Also, is canoeing a good method to reaching the mines?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Chances are you'll see rune mining bots before any pkers.

Don't forget about the Resource Dungeon in the mining guild. Another spot with 3 Rune rocks.

The foreign worlds are also good to check up on for Rune mining.

Canoes are the best way to reach deep Wildy quickly. I use it all the time when I'm mining at the Hobgoblin mine.

It's not because of the lack of mages in high wildy. I'm saying why pick full rune, it's so heavy your run energy drains way faster than if you wear dragonhide.

Also the resource dung is very competitive for rune, barely any world has them and the spawn times are longer.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

hm... thats weird, i think i saw somewhere write about there is no longer can avoid pvp in single combat way through aggressive mobs. player always can intercept another player that being attacked by mobs.

That's right, this was implemented even before revenants came along, some point during 2006 I believe.

Can anyone confirm that the rune rocks in the wilderness spawn faster than the ones in other places? That's what Jagex have mentioned, but don't know if it's a big difference or not.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Why full rune over green dragonhide?

Why 12 pieces of food?

Also, is canoeing a good method to reaching the mines?

Full rune because someone ranging you will absolutely destroy you if you're wearing anything but. 12 pieces of food so you can put up a fight if you really wanted to, you could go with 26 if you wanted to eat as you mine. Food is cheap, runite isn't.

Never tried canoeing, haven't had the time to play RS much in the past few months.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Just saw Or Trade Me smithing in World 7. Was cool to me mostly because it the first guy I recognized from this thread on RS :thumbsup:

Also saw someone asking if he was a bot, 'twas funny.

You should have stopped by and said hello! I always love meeting TIFers ingame. You just have to remind me where you're from, because I get a lot of people saying "hey, you remember me?". I can remember some people, but when I meet dozens of people a day, it gets hard :rolleyes:

So I had been 50/50 gopping for awhile, then for some reason I got temp kicked. So I traveled back over to w61, saw the late night yellow bot population, and started earning tokens. There always seems to be one-two actual players for yellow, and I feel bad for those people.

You'd be surprised just how many bots.

I took a peek a couple of days back in w61, Vief was being spammed by bots. Acantha too. Most of the bots are low level, former air altar bots. The official world's been zombiefied.

50-50s and private games are the way to go now.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Uhm, there are GOP bots? :blink:

Why am I even surprised to hear that <_<

The ones I saw were either grab an orb, any orb and hold on forever; or repelling types where they 'play' defense and repel the opposite color. It is possible to win with a def bot or two on the team, but the orb huggers are a bit more frustrating. Tearing away every orb from their cold lifeless claws just gets dull.

The defense bot script is close to elegant since it doesn't get in your way if you're on the same team. They also barrier up to help their activity bar when it's quarter time. Biggest problem involves pathfinding and a tendency to accidentally score the enemy orb in. It'd be more effective if they used the attract wand since there are plenty of spawns that aren't click-and-forget as I like to call a few.

The scoring bots seem incomplete; they like going for the center spots of the altar but fudge up when orbs aren't one shot clicks.

EDIT: there also appears to be a type that just spams the blue wizard and just attracts yellow orbs regardless of team color.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats