The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Wait so which one is bets exp for lvl 70 smith? an someone told me it was 2gp/exp

yes, smithing iron ingot I that time it is 2gp/exp, now even better, about 1.6gp/exp

haha, i forget to time while i smithing there for about 5 min after the updates, since there is some ore on the floor.

since that time i am unable to buy ore to test, and now i training other skills and got more important thing to do IRL.

and Sonikku, silver is not a bad idea to train idea to train crafting and smithing. it had a very good exp.

if you willingly to lost some or wait the price raise back. always buy lower and sell higher to minimize the lost.

1 week ago i lucky just happen to had somebody sell some very cheap silver to me.

sometime ppl sell lower and there is always a market for ppl who want to buy higher.

hey guys what items are best to merchant at GE in f2p.. Ive been trying to merchant but none of the items have a high celiing and really low floor for max profit..

I really shouldn't be telling you this, but soft clay. Buy 90 sell 95. Good thing I have huge offers on now, so you can't get any atm...

So now I've actually bothered to do tasks again.

How many of the tasks are available in f2p? 160? This is including the ones in Varrock and Falador btw.

i have 161, and i believe higher is possible, since with some hidden tasks.

waka waka waka, i even sure how i get it. but later on, got one person saying maybe by cutting waka in all different places, or just cut waka 3 times.

I got it by cutting wakas in all places, I think. It's definitely not cut waka more than 3 times.

Kind of late, but is making urns a good and cheap way to level up crafting?

I don't really want to make gold amulets anymore... just thought if this was a good alternative.

If so, where is the best place to do so? Draynor?

Urns from scratch are cheap and easy, but slow xp.

I've been making them at the Crafting Guild; Cabbage tele, run west, make 25 urns, Daemonheim tele, bank and repeat

Average time to make each urn comes out to about 20 seconds (7-8 minutes a trip); this nets 11K to 14K per hour crafting xp...

How do you make 25 urns a trip? Each urn takes 2 soft clays...

I have 70 smithing which ingots should i use? an wat would the exp rates be? plus is it the higher the ingot the more expensive it is per exp?

Iron 1 is definitely the best.

Pretty sure smithing one item takes way longer than 4 ticks at a time.

Also it is pretty much mandatory to listen to Suak because you get 10% more exp (+1% more if you buy the 20% respect thing).

I also found out a way to train crafting for "free". It involves dungeoneering and totally clearing out the dungeon (against my rushing rule lol). Gather all the coins from monsters, sell items if you really want to, and use all the money to craft as many protoleather bodies as you can. It's actually pretty neat, I gain ~3k-4k crafting xp per small dungeon (frozen) from all that cash. Since I don't exclusively skill either, a frozen small only takes 20 minutes, no longer than that. Sure it's slow but at least it isn't annoying :thumbup:

Yes, that's right, it's longer.

hm... now that you say it, 4 ticks seem too quick. i didnt tried myself there, and based the smithing time at wikia. now that iron ore return, i might try when i had time.

lets say 8 ticks also roughly 68k.

listen to Suak calls not always the only choice, you lose some times changing. just to get 10% which about 10xp and the extra 1xp, while smith another one will just get 101xp.

Well, you don't get any cash back in return, so you pretty much HAVE to listen to Suak to get the most out of it.

Also, bone yard rocks. Just sayin'.

The noob dungeon in lumb could be better, I'm not sure. So many bots that you can never take a step and still get a normal bone every time. Also, no pkers - I've gotten killed thrice trying to find the boneyard.

Smithing 1 item in the workshop takes much longer than 1 item outside. Definitely more than 4 ticks.

I prefer the time I save afking over the extra 10% xp.

Paying attention is worth it imo, because of the ceremonial swords. I've gotten 100% before, and it was a free 15k smithing xp. Not to mention with free diamonds for every sword you make over 90% (not too hard), and around 4 swords an hour, it's like 30k an hour.

Best way is to simply take some risks, not huge obviously. Hard only gets 5 rarely, and medium only gets 3 rarely, at my level 60ish smithing. Never use careful unless you're sure you can get perfect.

The noob dungeon in lumb could be better, I'm not sure. So many bots that you can never take a step and still get a normal bone every time. Also, no pkers - I've gotten killed thrice trying to find the boneyard.

The boneyard is located where the clan wars lobby used to be (level 20 wild, multicombat). Also, pkers? Go on a world with very low pop. I've buried bones there for an hour and saw NOBODY - not even on the way to the boneyard. The only real danger is level 25 skeletons, and since it's multi, you may need to be a bit dodgy. However after 10 minutes or so this place is literally a safe haven.

On a low pop world the bones should be able to spawn just fast enough to reappear once you've collected the 4 big bone spawns, and once you bury a full inventory the bones should reappear again.

Seriously, the "no pkers" bit bored me to the point which I wished there WAS somebody there. Hardly anyone goes to the wildy on most worlds nowadays.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

The boneyard is located where the clan wars lobby used to be (level 20 wild, multicombat). Also, pkers? Go on a world with very low pop. I've buried bones there for an hour and saw NOBODY - not even on the way to the boneyard. The only real danger is level 25 skeletons, and since it's multi, you may need to be a bit dodgy. However after 10 minutes or so this place is literally a safe haven.

On a low pop world the bones should be able to spawn just fast enough to reappear once you've collected the 4 big bone spawns, and once you bury a full inventory the bones should reappear again.

Seriously, the "no pkers" bit bored me to the point which I wished there WAS somebody there. Hardly anyone goes to the wildy on most worlds nowadays.

agree, i last time go there bury bones for half hour through waka. nobody there.

med pop world would be better, low pop world need to wait few seconds to pick up again. or could just pick up some normal bones and bury while waiting.

it is not like the old days where there is at least some pkers on each worlds patrol looking for pray.

also wearing 4 rune armor is also very safe, with protect items, mage and explorer ring 3 or 4. if just lucky to have a gang of ppl and teleblocked, just run east to one way combat and make your way through south.

I really shouldn't be telling you this, but soft clay. Buy 90 sell 95. Good thing I have huge offers on now, so you can't get any atm...

He could just buy at 91 and sell at 94 to beat you.

I got it by cutting wakas in all places, I think. It's definitely not cut waka more than 3 times.

You get it by making the best waka at edgeville.

How do you make 25 urns a trip? Each urn takes 2 soft clays...

After making a few urns you can get new clay and repeat.

[404] Signature not found.

To Excels about the clay, I forget which thread this was in but somebody deduced that regardless of who put in a offer first, the person who gets the produce when it hits the GE is determined randomly. Just thought you should know.

Also BiJay has a good point

yes, although jagex say is first come first serve (FCFS), but same offer price will still be determined randomly.

recently, especially today i keep receiving silver ore from GE that the offer i make is very low.

weird though, but oh well, look like i can get my crafting to around 86 lvl

yes, although jagex say is first come first serve (FCFS), but same offer price will still be determined randomly.

It's not randomly. It's just when your offer gets updated you will be put at the end of the queue.

Example: Two people (A and B) want to buy 5 cabbages. Assume they are the only ones with the highest offer in ge. And A put the offer in before B. So when the next guy wants to sell his lovely 2 cabbages A will get these 2 and will be put at the end, that means behind B. So B will get the next cabbage(s) although A still has 3 cabbages left to buy.

[404] Signature not found.

ok, but this would be hard while there is many ppl offer the same price on rare products(things that hard to buy at GE)

this could be even worst before free trade. but lucky now there is free trade.

Wikia Update hints

it look like dungoneering underwater room with bubbles, small fish, diving helmet. but equipment and lobster are above dungeon only.

i have a question about the high risk wilderness world...

if i go on this world, am i safe outside of the wilderness? or can i still get pked outside of it?

You will be safe outside wilderness.
Sephy.png

Anyone else think we should get PvP worlds back?

I really, really do. Implement that with the current wildy drop system, and GET RID OF THE DAMN AUTOSKULLING AND NO PROTECT ITEM PRAY.

They can make a high-risk PvP world for that. I would just like regular PvP worlds.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Anyone else think we should get PvP worlds back?

I really, really do. Implement that with the current wildy drop system, and GET RID OF THE DAMN AUTOSKULLING AND NO PROTECT ITEM PRAY.

They can make a high-risk PvP world for that. I would just like regular PvP worlds.

i like PvP worlds to some points, but it would need some tweaks.

ops, look like i buy too many silver ore, almost 100k of it (at 139ea, but i pretty sure can go lower). it would raise my 74-90 craft and 76-83 smith.

this would maybe takes about few months. slightly faster if i got mood to train for few hours per days. maybe train it while i surfing net.

Yeah, I don't see why PvP worlds should be removed completely; I really liked the idea of wrecking around in Varrock or something, and I could cut willows in peace.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Wikia Hidden Updates

The Lumbridge Home Teleport and Lunar Home Teleport spells have had their restrictions of one use per 30 minutes removed.

Experience gained in various skills within the dungeons of Daemonheim has been changed.

Home tele restriction removed: AWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wait but what about ancient home tele? :unsure:

Xp gained in various skills in dg: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

They might have nerfed c2 fishing and wcing. Ooh boy.

EDIT: Oh. It's a 25% reduction of xp. Meh, I guess it's still quite worthwhile to do.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Wikia Hidden Updates

The Lumbridge Home Teleport and Lunar Home Teleport spells have had their restrictions of one use per 30 minutes removed.

Experience gained in various skills within the dungeons of Daemonheim has been changed.

Home tele restriction removed: AWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wait but what about ancient home tele? :unsure:

Xp gained in various skills in dg: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

They might have nerfed c2 fishing and wcing. Ooh boy.

EDIT: Oh. It's a 25% reduction of xp. Meh, I guess it's still quite worthwhile to do.

Wait i heard you talking about doing crafting when rushing through dungeons you get 4k exp does that still apply

SUPER.gif

is c2 fishing best xp for f2p aswell? or only p2p

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

The Grand Exchange has been updated to start warning players potentially selling expensive items way below the recommended price, and also will now display a more descriptive message saying how many of what items have been sold/bought when away from the Grand Exchange

any clue on how this work?

did it go by % or amounts?

you know, i like to always place some offer at GE that very low and once every few days, it suddenly had buy some.

you know, i like to always place some offer at GE that very low and once every few days, it suddenly had buy some.

"You purchased 2997/5000 Uncut Sapphires"

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

"You purchased 2997/5000 Uncut Sapphires"

oh, forget cut out the second row.

i wanted to know about 'The Grand Exchange has been updated to start warning players potentially selling expensive items way below the recommended price'

off topic

oh... watched your pictures make me thing about i playing it in win 95 when i was small. it is very exciting and scary.

it is possible to dodge the first 2 'ManEater'