The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Unfortunately, I don't remember everyone I've met in-game (especially commonish-type names like sonic with random numbers :s). Name looks vaguely familiar, though...

Well for me it is. I recall meeting you in the mining guild one time, and at Fist of Guthix as well. I seriously wish I could change my name though >_<

Also got the 1k gems per 4 hours from Sees, when he was buying out said items.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I've put in offers for 5k before, and was stuck on 1k. <_<

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Find a gem merchant and prepare to haggle for prices.

Gods, I missed haggling during the limit era.

I prefer the "trading cuts for uncuts" era.

No stupid, cut gems aren't worth more than uncut gems. Quit doing everything the examine says.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Hmm... after some consideration with the dgs clan, I think the ideal bind switch could be changed a bit.

Ideal bind setup: fractite 2h + rapier + fire staff + gauntlets (in that order), magical blastbox. Ranged is basically tossed out the window here, unless the 2nd ammo bind comes along (in that case, toss the gauntlets and input longbow of best tier).

Thoughts?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

A pox on fractite gauntlets.

Spear, blastbox, longbow, and either a pickaxe or a hatchet. Get high enough range and there'll always be fractite arrows spawned.

wat

Frac gaunts are for the strength boost really. To me ranged is significantly lower in dps than melee (just look at the max hits), and even magic has some things that are more useful (forgotten warriors).

2h is way more accurate slash and crush (stronger too), and rapier is for dps (solos mostly; also stab weak monsters generally are really weak to it anyways).

In p2p, this tactic is used quite often anyways. Can probably be applied to f2p as well.

I'm still gonna think about it. Spear may not be as well as people really thought, but who knows...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Water is having some nice xp gains in crafting!

Took the #2 spot for overall xp from S Diamant Y recently as well. 3M xp from the weekly experience gain record in crafting (runetracker) =D>

Well done Water and quite amazing gains if you're only cutting emeralds (read from the "200M in all skills" thread)

And the week isn't over yet! :shades: :thumbup:

Did one day of rubies to spice my daily record up a little.

the real pr0z do 1,7m uncut diamonds in a month for the 200metres kkplz?

also i am most certain that i will get kadours binds once i lvl to 100, if hes that fast im pretty sure he does everything correctly, i currently have bound (spear/plate/laws) (im lvl 99 so i only have 2 binds)

popo has bound (spear/plate/shortbow/gauntlets/arrows)

im not sure what kad has bound, but ill ask him (probably the popo setup except for gaunts)

there is no single mage based boss, so please forget the blastbox, stab works very good on both demons.., whereas a shortbow is very helpful for monolyths and a few certain bosses,

pro fact in w61 is that the highest warrior you can get with the normal team setup of 2 cbs and 3 lvl3s (under lvl 20) is a 86ish and its extremely rare to get these, even rarer to have them in guardians and even one almost maxed f2p can solo it with ease ~ 50 Pray points at max, the usual warriors are lvl76 and also pretty rare, even the 65ish are pretty rare, all other npcs can be handled easily with the different styles on spear.. you need to know what styles to use on what monster, then you are fine

spear >>>>>>>>>rapier>2h, the 2h is horrible for bosses like riftsplitter for example, its a huge bummer because of the speed as well

a side note, if you want real exp you should dungeoneer in w61 if you arent in a perm team, only solo maybe once 1-35 to get used to keying and gsing, the skills of the cb's and communication between them determine the main speed, ofc the binds ive mentioned earlier are ideal, im sure once u get past lvl 100 you will know what your third bind will be, otherwise there are only 2 possibilities available for 2binds

spear/plate (laws or cosmics, i prefer laws)

spear/shortbow/arrows (domestobot did it, but he is maxed out, i wouldnt do that with a lower def than 80 and a lower range than 90)

F2p's fastest leveling person :), check out my blog:

My Goal-thread to max F2P within a year and a half :P.

Nuffbutmage.png

Err, platebody? I don't know if you're being serious or not, because that is actually a detriment to dg progress, from experience.

I'm perm teaming with the Dragoons who mostly spend time in w7 dging, so that's why I considered the blastbox. Is ranged really that good for dps, even with a shortbow?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

w61 please, we dont dungeoneer in w7, and yes im serious about the platebody, if you have 90cb+ preferably 100+ you will get teams, there are exceptions too, puremudkipz is a lvl 88 with i think 111 dungeoneering, has bound a 2h and is a pretty good keyer and dungeoneerer

the plate is there to protect you from running out of food at any cause, in a normal floor you should not need to get cooked food, although in some you need it, but the skillers will take care of it anyway

also its not about the damage you do, you dont train your cb in dungeons, you just kill in guardians, and usually this damage done is rather related to your cb stats

oh and ranged is only for certain bosses and monolyths and can be helpful in a tk room, where u need to fix the bridge and the other can kill monsters on other side if its a gd (very rare to have both cbs in that room)

Nuffbutmage.png

Platebody does little to protect you. If you have high defense levels, the difference between plate and no plate is trivial, really. Better to bind something that helps you increase your ability to deal out damage (which is far, far more important in a dungeon than defense).

Training your cb in dungeons, wut? The offensive binds are for damage output, which helps to clear gd's and bosses faster. Like I said, improving your damage output is far more important than wearing armor that does little to help defend you (and due to added weight in f2p it becomes a hindrance).

Dusk eels only heal 70 anyway so you're gonna have to learn to key without armor eventually.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

that words were a bit harsh, almost everyone in w61 has the first binds ive mentioned with dg lvl 50-99, i have only seen very little and tbh domestobot was the only one without the plate bind

michael (sry if i have mispelled her) is 100+ she has even binded platelegs+body, she is a lvl 98 and also a very decent cb, im not telling you a myth like dont kill dinos, if you start dungeoneer ing in w61 for ideal exp/hr, you will get to know the true setup, especially your def is pretty low, mine being 76 not much better.. it would be highly contraproductive to not wear a plate, considering you do 1-27 smalls, food will become a problem

domestobot is maxed as i said, so he didnt face a lot of trouble, but as long as you arent maxed or almost maxed in both defence and ranged, i would highly refrain from not dungeoneering with a platebody

Nuffbutmage.png

Isthatok is the only cb who has gauntlets over plate that I've seen.

Everyone else, including maxed cbs like Kadour zhiani, dragonmichae, arkhangelsk, tezaki1 and alienknight all have plates bound.

Also, I wonder if there's a list of the best w61 cbs out there somewhere. I know Kadour is probably the best that's still active. Never been with popo. I hear Kameeru and loikzorro are good too but I've never been with them.

I'd rather be as versatile as possible in my binds. Keep my options open. And aren't the Dragoons based in w61 now, Sonic? Seems folk have gotten addicted to the easy experience. Heh.

As I mentioned a long while ago, dging in F2P in world 61 is boring to me. Few ever experience the adrenaline from fighting off 100+ monsters in a single room or a close brush with death with your health below 10, much less coordinate an entire combat group instead of a paltry two-person partnership.

The platebody weight slows down keying. I'd rather not rest and just keep my run at a constant 20-30%. All you need is prayer, and even that can be lengthened with prayer flashing. If the highest monster in w61 is only level 86 then you don't even need the plate, you can just flash/loot food after the monster dies.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

I wish jagex would make a high lvl f2p update to reward the hard working f2pers or a pure f2p clothing item which could only be obtained with like certains stats or something

It's called P2P. :huh:

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

Bahahahahahaha!

Jagex won't ever make anything exclusively for F2P because they have to take P2P into consideration. What is available in F2P must be available to P2P. It's a fine balancing act, and the safest route is to do nothing.

Enjoy the demo. I know I have.

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Ever since I decided to not care about getting def up my binds have been spear - longbow - arrows. Spears being longsword speed give them considerably more dps than any other weapon and the ability for all 3 attack styles makes them all-around the best melee weapon. Usually only range certain bosses, but still used much more than mage, and if I ever need mage monsters drop deaths a decent amount of the time + deaths are easily craftable. For a 3rd bind, I'd have to say plate is the best. I'd maybe consider a staff as a 3rd bind if they make it so you can have an arrow and a rune bind. Maybe. The str bonus from gaunts are small enough to not make enough of a difference for me. Though, I'm not 100 yet, so its more speculation than experience.

spear/shortbow/arrows (domestobot did it, but he is maxed out, i wouldnt do that with a lower def than 80 and a lower range than 90)

Seriously? I had 2h/longbow bound with <50 def (2h only because I didn't want def xp from spear). You should be able to survive without armor. It's not that hard to survive with protect prayers and 2 different teleports. Anyone with armor bound before 100 makes me laugh a little.

Yeah, most people use w61 just because of the faster xp. Personally, I hate giving xp to leecher lvl 3s who afk in the start room the entire floor. Sure, there are the rare few that actually help out, but majority leech. What I hate more than that, though, is dging with the idiots in w7. I've said this before and I mean it: I'd rather solo larges all day than do 5:5s in w7.

Ever since I decided to not care about getting def up my binds have been spear - longbow - arrows. Spears being longsword speed give them considerably more dps than any other weapon and the ability for all 3 attack styles makes them all-around the best melee weapon. Usually only range certain bosses, but still used much more than mage, and if I ever need mage monsters drop deaths a decent amount of the time + deaths are easily craftable. For a 3rd bind, I'd have to say plate is the best. I'd maybe consider a staff as a 3rd bind if they make it so you can have an arrow and a rune bind. Maybe. The str bonus from gaunts are small enough to not make enough of a difference for me. Though, I'm not 100 yet, so its more speculation than experience.

Seriously? I had 2h/longbow bound with <50 def (2h only because I didn't want def xp from spear). You should be able to survive without armor. It's not that hard to survive with protect prayers and 2 different teleports. Anyone with armor bound before 100 makes me laugh a little.

Yeah, most people use w61 just because of the faster xp. Personally, I hate giving xp to leecher lvl 3s who afk in the start room the entire floor. Sure, there are the rare few that actually help out, but majority leech. What I hate more than that, though, is dging with the idiots in w7. I've said this before and I mean it: I'd rather solo larges all day than do 5:5s in w7.

bit harsh if you ask me, i dont know you, nor have i seen you in w61, but the skillers i dungeoneer with are very active helpful and only afk in larges for bits of a second, its a fact that almost everyone has a plate bound, and it contributes a lot, im not trying to be arrogant in any way but i prefer my 90k xp/h average, than what you get when you solo, also i highly doubt you can solo larges, im not aware of the most recent updates, but not too long ago 1 person was restricted to medium/smalls, i dont understand that longbow either, but well

a lot of the dg community are friendly people, at least those i got to know, in our clan we have no leechers at all and blacklist every to make sure that we can avoid them

also the increasing of skill in gsing and keying is a thing that motivates me, doing 4 and a half hour runs are not boring or repetive at all, i consider it more fun to dungeoneer in teams

Nuffbutmage.png

It is fact the majority of your so-called skillers/mules leech off the combat in exchange for p2p f35 normal experience rates. Most spend the rest of their time afking. Only one out of three usually do anything in a dungeon. Be happy Jagex has no intention to do anything about it since it's the bone they tossed to F2P to keep the experience cap. Plenty of p2p skillers do business with w61, I heard. It is rare to find any p2p team accept skillers in their ranks due to the time they add, they get more use out of a combatant than a skiller.

As for world 7, the only way to get decent time out of that place is to either form a semi-permanent team, adding companions who prove themselves - luck with that, a lot of people are notoriously independent, lone wolves in truth - or doing what I like to call survivalist keying. Think of it as a breeding ground for mercenaries.

1emk2e.png

I still don't get it. How does a defensive bind (which has pretty negligible stats tbh) contribute to room clearing and bossing? They don't increase your room clearing speed in any way.

I must be missing something here, because I can key in w7 (harder monsters in general) no plate and not die unless it's a dragon or a rape room or something. To me, protection prayers are your defensive "binds", as they are there no matter what. (Unless you overuse them...)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog