The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Urns are really worth using? I was using pray urns while ranging lessers for a bit, but I got bored of it. Does the extra urn xp make up for the time banking? Haven't done very much skilling since urns. I do recall getting 55-65k wc/h without them tho, so if water says 70-80k they must be better?

Prayer urns are quite useless imo.

Woodcutting-, mining-, and fishingurns are well worth it when powertraining. (not much banking needed)

Smithing urns are useful too, but only when superheating low level bars.

Cooking lobs with cooking urns comes down to about the same xp as cooking swordfish.

So, are they worth it? I think they are, especially since they're cheap. :)

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

I felt like trying them out when they came out (pray urns). Could stay at lessers for almost a whole day before a full inv of pray urns was done. Definitely not great pray xp, though. Got bored and dropped a bunch of urns I had in the end too. I was planning on doing some fish/wc after 98 def, so I'll have to try out those urns.

Speaking of pray, Bbones have dropped a bunch since free trade. Probably gonna have to buy 80 pray soon since it won't do too much damage to my bank now. :thumbup:

And speaking of bank, I wish I would've invested in disks when they were 150-200m (instead of masks). I'd be able to afford a red phat, 99 pray and still have money leftover #-o

Prayer urns increase the prayer xp per accursed ash so to me they are quite worth using.

It takes 25 lessers (accursed urns) to fill up one urn. Since one teleports for 375 prayer exp, it equates to 15 pray xp per ash. Normally they are 12.5 pray xp per ash, so it's pretty good for those that are planning to train prayer spending the least amount as possible.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

And speaking of bank, I wish I would've invested in disks when they were 150-200m (instead of masks). I'd be able to afford a red phat, 99 pray and still have money leftover #-o

Same here. Although, I doubt they could have been bought for straight gp.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Prayer urns increase the prayer xp per accursed ash so to me they are quite worth using.

It takes 25 lessers (accursed urns) to fill up one urn. Since one teleports for 375 prayer exp, it equates to 15 pray xp per ash. Normally they are 12.5 pray xp per ash, so it's pretty good for those that are planning to train prayer spending the least amount as possible.

Lesser Demons are bad xp, so why bother? (if you check ranged + prayer xp)

Spend the same time at Ice Giants/Hill Giants and check the xp difference. I doubt you'll go back to Lesser Demons after. :P

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

Woodcutting-, mining-, and fishingurns are well worth it when powertraining. (not much banking needed)

Cooking lobs with cooking urns comes down to about the same xp as cooking swordfish.

Are cooking swordfish with urns good as well right?

SUPER.gif

They don't work on the F2P urns.

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

They don't work on the F2P urns.

This, because you can only cook food up to 40 cooking. So, Lobsters would be the highest you can use with a cooking urn, or some random food that I am forgetting.

- "The reason most people never reach their goals is that they dont define them,

or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable."

~1l2 Strength's F2P Rune Pure Goals~

1.) 100 Dungeoneering. -Yes, in Free-to-Play.

2.) 1000 Total Level. Achieved!

3.) 90 Strength & 90 Ranged. In Progress.

4.) 85 Magic. Achieved! -Officially a TB Noob!

5.) Own a Santa Hat. Achieved! -My First Rare!

6.) All F2P Dungeoneering Items. In Progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are mouse keys legal in runescape?

Yes, as long as 2 conditions are met;

• You follow the "one imput = 1 output" rule. You can have 1 key move left and 1 move down, but not one that moves down and then left with 1 press.
  • Your mousekeys use relative movements and not definite. That is to say, you can make a button move the cursor down 10 pixils, but not one to move the cursor to 'spot x'.

Wow, I seriously underestimated the plate's potential for blocking damage vs lvl 50-60 monsters...

In a solo, I managed to clear whole GDs (3 monsters piling me) without taking a single hit of damage, as well as avoiding some close shots versus some bosses (like that dreadful Bal'lak when he disables my pray). In addition, since I'm carrying so much stuff in my inventory anyway (tools, runes, food, blastbox/water staff, etc), plate doesn't really weigh me down THAT much. The only downside though is that I still find myself resting pretty often. Or it's something to do with me sucking at gating lol.

So yeah. My bind order is spear-plate-blastbox now. When I hit 100, I don't really know what else should I get. Plateskirt? Gauntlets? Fire staff?

Since my connection sucks atm I'm only doing solo small rushes, doing each theme on the highest floor only (11, 17, 29, 35 respectively). That also helps me in this department, as I get more prestige xp per floor, and the bosses that are most often obtained are suck ass easy (except for Bal'lak though).

When the vacation comes I would be going back to Taiwan where I actually have a decent connection, so probably would try w61 teams as well. Though, my combat stats are only around the 70 range, so DPS would be lowered.

Oh, and I also bought myself a gravite rapier, just saying.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Anyone know how much prayer xp/h you can get at boneyard?

Not much, I got about 6-8k/hr...but I was probably doing it wrong.

Not too bad for free Prayer training.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Anyone know how much prayer xp/h you can get at boneyard?

Not much, I got about 6-8k/hr...but I was probably doing it wrong.

Not too bad for free Prayer training.

If you're ~60 or so prayer, I would really recommend just buying your bones. Saves so much more time/sanity.

Are mouse keys legal in runescape?

Yes, as long as 2 conditions are met;

• You follow the "one imput = 1 output" rule. You can have 1 key move left and 1 move down, but not one that moves down and then left with 1 press.

Wow, I've been breaking a rule without knowing it <_<

@water,what did u train on to get your 200m strength,and what was the xp per hour?

Mainly Giant Spiders in the SoS which is about 42-44k/hr

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

I have a question about the rapiers in F2P dungeoneering and the gravite rapier outside of daemonheim. Why is it not held like a the rapiers in P2P dungeoneering and the chaotic rapier outside of daemonheim? The way that they are held and they attack motions that they use are just goofy because they held like scimitars. I guess this is more of a rant that f2p rapiers should look like p2p rapiers :razz:

- "The reason most people never reach their goals is that they dont define them,

or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable."

~1l2 Strength's F2P Rune Pure Goals~

1.) 100 Dungeoneering. -Yes, in Free-to-Play.

2.) 1000 Total Level. Achieved!

3.) 90 Strength & 90 Ranged. In Progress.

4.) 85 Magic. Achieved! -Officially a TB Noob!

5.) Own a Santa Hat. Achieved! -My First Rare!

6.) All F2P Dungeoneering Items. In Progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~