The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

GE guide price for bbones is 340... that makes 13m xp cost ~295m. I recall it being over 600m before free trade came back. And they keep dropping...

If jagex ever actually does something big to stop bots I'll be sure to stock up ASAP :P

I think a worthy challenge of my time is to get all buyable skills banked.

[hide=Cost Calculations:]

Prayer - 806,262 big bones @ (250, 300, 350) each - 202M/242M/282M

(Already ~10k banked)

Magic - included with smithing

Smithing - 136,356 mithril ore, nature runes, x4 coal @((180,140,800), (215,165,900), (240,190,1000)) each - 153M/175M/195M

Firemaking - 59,647 yew logs @(350,400,450) each - 20.9M/23.9M/26.8M

Crafting - 242,554 uncut sapphires @(550,600,650) each - 133M/146M/158M

(Already ~12k banked)

cooking - already banked

Estimated GP needed to raise: 509M/587M/662M

I think my bank is worth about 160M right now, (santa hat +40M various objects). I think it would be a pretty big accomplishment.

[/hide]

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Running 2.5m essence would take forever...

Mendark was doing it, I got my inspiration from him. It would only take me good 2 years if I play 4 hours a day doing nothing but running airs, but hey, I can get some reading done. I think one of the F2P also reach lvl 99 RC that way. I was just planning to do the airs, and use the profit to buy big bones (recycle your skills). I have smith 99 banked thanks to the recent update (either superheating or making dwarf amours)

I also got mining 99 banked, well, having enough ore so I can mine and superheat bar at wildy. The only thing I am contemplating right now is if I should just fish lobs at Kara, and report bots at the same time, or fly fishing (but I would be attracted to bank the fish too). Just don't like wasting resources.

@ Sonic,

That's a interesting way to buy stuff, I would assume I would buy bones and bury bones at the same time at Wildy, thus saving me huge chunk of money. Most of the skill that requires money is pretty much all set, now its just taking the time to do them. I always have mining, fishing crafting and rc to back up smith and prayer, so the equation is all worked out pre GE era.

The only thing that's hard right now would be the accursed DG, I guess that's some nice chunk of melee, range, mage and hp xp for me then.

a happy Runescaper

My rating is.... is bugged, hopefully Jagex fixes it next update :)

Ooooh and I bought all the big bones for 99 prayer, still gonna be a long road burying all of them :unsure:

How much did that cost you?

Probably a whopping 240mil ish totally conservative estimate. I am thinking about buying just regular bones to bury, but that would equate to even longer time........

I bought them for 290M-300M ;)

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

I think one of the F2P also reach lvl 99 RC that way.

Yes indeed, I believe that was Artemk2005, who was incidentally the very first non-member to get 99 runecrafting.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

So today I was at the G.E, doing round my business earning back my cashpile after losing 92M from dice gaming. (I was scammed) I saw this guy saying "Follow for 100M." Well, of course I knew it was a scam, but since my items were buying slow, I decided to follow anyway.

So he says it's "Bidding", and I immediately thought 'Typical scam, heh.' But he did give the winner of the bid 100M. I thought it was just his friend, or another mule account. Then I proceeded to follow him the next 3 games, he gave away 100M to the winners. So I was entirely convinced, I took part in the next one. Hussled my way through bids, I won in the end with 2M.

So as he was about to give me 100M, he logged. One of the previous winners gave me 200K, and told me to add him, he then said he had to go.

I then hopped worlds, I saw the scammer. I saw him trading (I think) with the 3 previous winners.

tl;dr: I was scammed. :(

I can't believe I fell for trust games lol. But you have to admit, it was convincing.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Plasma_2, I found myself in a similar situation, but the trolololol part was that everyone caught the scammer and looted the phr33 rune drop party (I think I must have made 174K or so lol).

Cheers to everyone who banked their 99s before February.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

I have had a similar experience except with a doubler in P2P, Plasma. Someone was offering to double unlimited amounts. I was hesitant assuming the people he was doubling for were team mates but there were so many of them that I trusted him with a few hundred K. He doubled that and kept going with everyone. Eventually people were having him double 10, 20, even 40M at a time. After each double he would say "XX mill doubled for [player]". After 30 minutes he turned from legit to scamming. He would offer the doubled amount back but would decline in the second trade and still say 'XX mill doubled for [player]'. Just as I was about to get him to double my GP for the fifth of sixth time I started seeing people accuse him of scamming so I declined the trade and he logged. From the looks of things he made off with a couple hundred M. How much of that was his 'investment' I'm not sure of but i made 18M off him (gave some of that to people who were scammed).

The moral of the story is that if it looks to good to be true, it is.

To the last sentence, yeah. Too good to be true. Heh.

EDIT: I've never seen someone double more than a mil before.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

In cases like this, I find that ignorance is bliss. Not that I ever put anybody on my ignore list, I just acknowledge these scammers as failed players with no life who just can't make a single damn gp on their own. And the sad thing is, people actually fall for their garbage. :rolleyes:

Another lesson learned eh.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Whats the Prayer Exp/h for Regular bones & Big Bones?

Is there a Weekly Top F2pers Total Exp Update each week?

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

So, now that there's a make-all option for tiaras, does anyone know if it makes them all at once like when you craft ess or if it still goes 1 at a time? Don't feel like going out of my way to test it if someone else already knows :P

So, now that there's a make-all option for tiaras, does anyone know if it makes them all at once like when you craft ess or if it still goes 1 at a time? Don't feel like going out of my way to test it if someone else already knows :P

1 at a time

i got 52k/h rc xp today with running body tiaras btw, if anyone is intrested in the max xp in game

And that's with runners... holy crap. Just simply running back and forth is only like 15k xp/hr. :blink:

Also, blood tiara running is the fastest xp ingame but that's P2P and not very practical :P

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Anybody tried out the new update? I think its called fremennik sagas and it has one f2p bit. What does it do?

Its quite fun. You control 3 characters and complete a med sized dungeon.

The whole thing has a plot and you have to complete secondary objectives while in the dungeon.

It was pretty cool being like level 35 again struggling to kill some lvl 19 shades ^^.

You get around 4k xp in a combat skill of your choice at the end and a little bit of dung xp.

lnfernuus.png

Does anyone know where HYT chat got moved to?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Does anyone know where HYT chat got moved to?

Lady Heinous changed her name to 'Shyla'.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...