The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

i for myself would not like if dungeoneering exp gets updated so its easier to f2p, it would make achievements useless and would be unfair to those who have got a lot exp already,

i like that the f2p version isnt that easy, and thats the tempting and fun thing about f2p, skilling as member would bore me easily

F2p's fastest leveling person :), check out my blog:

My Goal-thread to max F2P within a year and a half :P.

Nuffbutmage.png

I'd just be happy if they updated the xp rates for soloing so it's actually a viable way of training.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Whether it's easy or not isn't much of a point since it's all grinding if you're after levels, and I personally don't see much fun in that. From where I stand, any change whether to my benefit or not is good. If nothing changes then the game gets boring.

Dungeoneering bots in F2P are devaluing your supposed achievements anyway like in everything else. Meh. Too much to ask for Jagex to do anything about bots in F2P.

At least they're following a rough guideline of one F2P update every month or two. Something to hope for, at least. Though the chances the saga update next week having the first part of it for F2P is 50/50 at this rate with Jagex's dubious track record.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

I suppose you've forgotten the innumerable times their newsposts and the KB articles were wrong when dealing with the little details, then. Hell, I certainly have, except I'm quite sure there were such cases.

And I'm sure they shortly found out F2P had access to all the tiers. Why then didn't they hotfix it on the spot like they did with other things of this nature? One you could relate to is the dungeoneering exp in F2P. It didn't take them all that long to slash the bloody thing in half out of panic.

So, perhaps it's to keep F2P quiet and happy. Do enjoy.

If they wildy hats worked for f2p too then I wouldn't think twice about it. One of the hats works in f2p; the other doesn't. The news post/KB article states that both shouldn't work in f2p. Not saying that jagex is perfect with their articles being accurate, but it seems to me that either they'll change the wildy hat to work with f2p or make the dueling hat not. Seems pretty apparent to me after the whole vet cape issue which of these is more likely.

As for why they're being slow with it, it could be because they're busy trying to get those DG quest things out before the month ends or just because these aren't that big of an issue; just cosmetic hats with no stats.

i for myself would not like if dungeoneering exp gets updated so its easier to f2p, it would make achievements useless and would be unfair to those who have got a lot exp already,

i like that the f2p version isnt that easy, and thats the tempting and fun thing about f2p, skilling as member would bore me easily

They don't have to make it easier, they should just think about the word 'fairness' as cutting the exp for cb 90+ isn't fair. They could make a strict exp reduce for all cb lvls but not only to those who put more work in their combat stats than others.

[404] Signature not found.

Is the XP reduction really at 90 (for soloing at least)?

At 89 combat my smalls are around 4.5k-4.8k prestige xp per (all rooms opened). When I team with a friend higher leveled than I am (Plasma 2 is 105 combat) I get around 5% higher than I usually do. Now that I'm 90 combat in solo I'm still getting around 4.5k-4.8k prestige xp per. This all applies to small rushes.

I'm inclined to believe the xp cut is actually earlier than 90. Because if it isn't, then 3 combats and 2 skillers setup would still be viable (126/126/126/20/20 would equate to 83.6 average).

It seems interesting to me. Maybe the xp cut is actually much more complicated than it seems.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

prestige xp for fully openend with 3 sk 2 cb is 10k

Then that confirms my theory that the xp cut is earlier than 90 combat. It doesn't make sense that I get 4.5k xp solo small, 4.8k xp duo small, but suddenly jump to 10k xp 5:5 small with 2 cb 3 sk.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

prestige xp for fully openend with 3 sk 2 cb is 10k

Then that confirms my theory that the xp cut is earlier than 90 combat. It doesn't make sense that I get 4.5k xp solo small, 4.8k xp duo small, but suddenly jump to 10k xp 5:5 small with 2 cb 3 sk.

Maybe the xp rates are heavily weighted in favor of 5 person teams.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I think a lot of players who were good at fog have been banned, i just checked myself on the highscores and for fog i am sure i have gone up at least 20,000. My score is 4,513 and i am pretty sure that the last time i checked i was around 80,000 but now i am 30,000?

SUPER.gif

I think a lot of players who were good at fog have been banned, i just checked myself on the highscores and for fog i am sure i have gone up at least 20,000. My score is 4,513 and i am pretty sure that the last time i checked i was around 80,000 but now i am 30,000?

I have 11K ratings on highscores. But quickchat says I have 0.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

...4.5k ratings is "good"?

I haven't fogged for awhile, but a little while after FT returned a friend of mine told me that FoG was full of bots. Maybe a lot of them have gotten banned? Seems a little unlikely though.

Weird... my qc of my rating says 0 too. Highscores is still ranked at 50k.

Is the XP reduction really at 90 (for soloing at least)?

Yes, its is for soloing. The xp are calculated in a different way for team. I don't know how you got those xp. Maybe you remembered the rates wrong.

[404] Signature not found.

Yes, its is for soloing. The xp are calculated in a different way for team. I don't know how you got those xp. Maybe you remembered the rates wrong.

No, during my last few weeks of soloing small rushes I clearly remember I got 4.5k-4.8k prestige xp for all rooms opened during a full run, both at 89 and 90 combat. The cut has to be earlier than that, because last time I checked, every person in the party only adds a 5% base experience to the dungeon.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

My rating is.... is bugged, hopefully Jagex fixes it next update :)

Ooooh and I bought all the big bones for 99 prayer, still gonna be a long road burying all of them :unsure:

How much did that cost you?

Water is now a day or two away from taking the monthly record in crafting. He's at 89M atm, needs 93M to beat Telmo's record.

Nice to see F2P > P2P.

this month ends tomorrow so it should be close

keezyae9.jpg

Nice to see F2P > P2P.

Heck yes! F2P all the way! :thumbsup:

Water is now a day or two away from taking the monthly record in crafting. He's at 89M atm, needs 93M to beat Telmo's record.

Nice to see F2P > P2P.

this month ends tomorrow so it should be close

Incorrect. Runetracker tracks by the past x amount of time, not by the set calendar time. You can gain xp from the 15th of one month to around the 15th of the next and the it'll count it as a month. Looking at Water's craft graph, he still has over 2 days -- more than enough time to set a new record. Plus, if he keeps cutting after that, which I assume he will. he could bump the record a little higher.

My rating is.... is bugged, hopefully Jagex fixes it next update :)

Ooooh and I bought all the big bones for 99 prayer, still gonna be a long road burying all of them :unsure:

How much did that cost you?

Probably a whopping 240mil ish totally conservative estimate. I am thinking about buying just regular bones to bury, but that would equate to even longer time........

a happy Runescaper

GE guide price for bbones is 340... that makes 13m xp cost ~295m. I recall it being over 600m before free trade came back. And they keep dropping...

If jagex ever actually does something big to stop bots I'll be sure to stock up ASAP :P

GE guide price for bbones is 340... that makes 13m xp cost ~295m. I recall it being over 600m before free trade came back. And they keep dropping...

If jagex ever actually does something big to stop bots I'll be sure to stock up ASAP :P

Interestingly enough, big bones were about 300ea before introduction of GE. I would assume you can try to buy at 300ea at GE now, it just takes longer, but people will sell nevertheless. I bought about 2.5mil rune essence myself just to get RC to lvl 99, but bought extra 700k of it just hope if they ever go back up again.

a happy Runescaper