The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

doing 9m cooking in a day now, i think this is f2p record, i only know of water doing the 8+m crafting /without tokens

mining is 45k/h with urns, wcing 55k/h, willows anywhere on foreign worlds, and iron ore at rimmington 4way spot on foreign worlds

F2p's fastest leveling person :), check out my blog:

My Goal-thread to max F2P within a year and a half :P.

Nuffbutmage.png

Another mystery of mine: regarding the spear it seems to have a rather low slash/crush compared to other weapons.

Does the versatility of the spear make up for the low accuracy? Or would it be better to bind a battleaxe/2h as a secondary for this?

If they are still inferior, and there really are no other options, I guess a plate will have to do for my 3rd.

Reposting.

I wouldn't know much about f2p, but realistically, 2h and rapier combo should be best dps as you'd have rapier for stab and slash, 2h for crush and high defense slash. Armor binds in f2p are really quite pointless, particularly for a maxed account wearing low level armor, what with all the low level monsters and all.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

doing 9m cooking in a day now, i think this is f2p record, i only know of water doing the 8+m crafting /without tokens

mining is 45k/h with urns, wcing 55k/h, willows anywhere on foreign worlds, and iron ore at rimmington 4way spot on foreign worlds

Where do you bank at rimmington?

SUPER.gif

you can bind a blastbox in f2p right?

yes

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Dropping logs is faster than banking, Rimmington is one of the better spots to cut & drop.

(willows don't have much value anyways)

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

Dropping logs is faster than banking, Rimmington is one of the better spots to cut & drop.

(willows don't have much value anyways)

I think he was asking about banking the iron ores.

There's a deposit box on the Port Sarim docks that's not too far away, but if you're want to bank iron ores the best place is the Dwarven Mine next to the resource dungeon.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

My newest research project is almost complete!

Dungeoneering Data is an analysis of F2P dungeoneering xp rates and includes a bestiary! The spreadsheet is here for anyone to browse, but below are a few screenshots of the project. Currently I have collected data from 158 floors, and the project will be complete once I have data from 200 floors.

[hide=Pics (KPH means XP in 1000's per hour)]dung1.png

dung3.png

dung2.png

dung4l.png

dung5.png[/hide]

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Well first I will say that I did not read all the posts that led up to my post here. There were several pages of endless conversation arguing over whether or not a platebody is good.

Someone brought up that P2Pers rarely use a platebody until there 4th bind or even don't have one at all. There are several reasons for this; first: there are 5 combats in a dungeon for P2P. This means that for high leveled npc's, they can be cleared in a matter of seconds, therefore only delivering 2-3 hits which can mostly be protected with prayers. Therefore, offensive weapons are much better and there are many more of them. Also, 4 of the 5 players in a P2P floor are not keying or rushing, which is where a plate is most beneficial. Rather, they are clearing guardian doors and stuff which doesn't require a plate so much. As for the keyer, they will commonly have a plate bound as they are always rushing and have little time to pick up food.

In F2P:

A platebody is without a doubt required. A) in small floors, 75% of the rooms are rushed, whereas 25% or less are guardian doors and are needed to be cleared. This means that 75% of the time you are taking damage but not receiving any. Therefore, your rapier/(other offensive bound weapon) is doing nothing for 25% or more of the time. However, a platebody does stuff for you 100% of the time, whether or not you are rushing through a room or clearing it. With larges, it is also similar. Allthough guardian doors probably make up 40-50% of the rooms (maybe less), your rapier is still doing very little work for you. Any low leveled npc will die by a spear regardless of the attack style. A high level npc may be weak to stab (which is where a rapier is good) but the spear still hits much better through the high leveled npc's defence, therefore making a rapier somewhat pointless.

Others argue that a platebody zaps there energy. In small floors, by making cosmics/laws at the beginning (hopefully have one of the two bound), you will not have to worry about energy in a small. In larges, with all the guardian doors, you will have time to recover energy in those rooms. Also, smart conservation of energy and proper gatestone placement can definately benefit the amount of energy you have in larges.

What about the effectiveness of platebody when ranging with a shortbow? Unlike dromo body and melees, platebody brings quite a bit of negative bonuses along with it.

For this reason I am considering a dromo body as a 3rd bind instead of a platebody.

Also w61 larges are the equivalent of someone soloing below 90 combat (in terms of monster/boss difficulty), except with more monsters correct? If so spear works fine for me solo small rush c6, so maybe it would work there as well. Monsters would probably be mostly lvl30-60 with the occasional much higher lvl.

By the way, for wcing the Daemonheim peninsula resource dungeon is the best place to do so. Rarely anyone powercuts there. But yea if you bank use the Port Sarim deposit box. (I am NOT a fan of dropping lol.)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I wouldn't know much about f2p, but realistically, 2h and rapier combo should be best dps as you'd have rapier for stab and slash, 2h for crush and high defense slash. Armor binds in f2p are really quite pointless, particularly for a maxed account wearing low level armor, what with all the low level monsters and all.

Nope. There's no berserker ring in f2p. Spear out DPSs both rapier and 2h, as was mentioned earlier.

Anyway, this argument is pretty much w61 dgers arguing for plate while people who've never been argue for something else. You choose who's a more reliable source.

What about the effectiveness of platebody when ranging with a shortbow? Unlike dromo body and melees, platebody brings quite a bit of negative bonuses along with it.

For this reason I am considering a dromo body as a 3rd bind instead of a platebody.

Also w61 larges are the equivalent of someone soloing below 90 combat (in terms of monster/boss difficulty), except with more monsters correct? If so spear works fine for me solo small rush c6, so maybe it would work there as well. Monsters would probably be mostly lvl30-60 with the occasional much higher lvl.

By the way, for wcing the Daemonheim peninsula resource dungeon is the best place to do so. Rarely anyone powercuts there. But yea if you bank use the Port Sarim deposit box. (I am NOT a fan of dropping lol.)

Just take the plate off ranging. Dromo isn't good. Look at the stats. Blah. I've seen one person wear one, aise6.

What so dropping logs is quicker than banking for wc at port sarim? Never knew that

It depends on where you're cutting and whether or not you can make a trip to the deposit box and back in less time than it would take you drop, but dropping is generally always faster than banking.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

What so dropping logs is quicker than banking for wc at port sarim? Never knew that

I know it's not an ideal video, but it gives you an idea why dropping is faster. (see below)

You drop them one by one. This means that you actually drop one log while the next one is being cut.

-> you don't lose time running to a bank

-> you don't lose time emptying your inventory (if you drop all logs once you have a full inventory)

setup:

1. (grab a hatchet, duhh :P)

2. Fill your inventory with woodcutting urns

(Make sure you have about 2-3 free spaces of course)

3. Pick a good spot:

- The dungeoneering island with maples and willows (maples are 10-15k xp / hour slower than willows)

- The willows just south of the little church in rimmington (just north of the entrance to the ice caves)

- The willows just north of the Crafting Guild

(there are more spots, but these are the better ones)

What's important when picking your spot?

Make sure you're in between 2 willows so you don't have to run to the next tree once you cut one down.

(having a third very close is also handy on slow respawn worlds)

If you decide to powercut and drop one by one, make sure you turn your screen around so your inventory is very close to the tree you're cutting. This will decrease the time between dropping and clicking the tree again.

Have fun cutting. :)

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

Nope. There's no berserker ring in f2p. Spear out DPSs both rapier and 2h, as was mentioned earlier.

Anyway, this argument is pretty much w61 dgers arguing for plate while people who've never been argue for something else. You choose who's a more reliable source.

I'm actually quite stunned to see how unbalanced the f2p weapons are in favor of the spear, but even then, a combo of spear and 2h would make alot of sense as spear it not great against slash or high def(and 2h excells at those). That aside, listening to the guy who screams loudest doesn't always make sense- just look at p2p dungeoneering. 3bo is the most well established dungeoneering clan out there, and as they don't particularly care or haven't bothered with much research, platebody is by far the most common 3rd bind, even though it's clearly not the best bind if you are any good at dungeoneering(particularly for dps-ing). For f2p, as people dungeoneer with skillers, it shouldn't really be an issue getting a full set of armor couple of minutes in, but as the monsters are so low levelled, defense shouldn't be as much of a problem as offense is in the starting moments of a dungeon, so it would make sense to bind max offense, particularly as plate is quite insignificant statwise compared to p2p.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Thanks water? is it the same for powermining?

Besides the fact that you don't use a hatchet, pretty much yes. :P

And the xp rates seem to be much higher. The video uses a Dragon hatchet though. How much slower would it be with a Rune one?