The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Idk why you'd use a rapier in f2p dg... stats are pretty horrible. And I've never really seen CR's animations or compared them to GR.

Ppl like you p*ss me off. Read the whole post instead of skimming through it. I never said I use a rapier in daemonheim because i know they suck.

And to Frede, they do not have the same animation because I own both on two different accounts, the way they are held are completely different.

- "The reason most people never reach their goals is that they dont define them,

or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable."

~1l2 Strength's F2P Rune Pure Goals~

1.) 100 Dungeoneering. -Yes, in Free-to-Play.

2.) 1000 Total Level. Achieved!

3.) 90 Strength & 90 Ranged. In Progress.

4.) 85 Magic. Achieved! -Officially a TB Noob!

5.) Own a Santa Hat. Achieved! -My First Rare!

6.) All F2P Dungeoneering Items. In Progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The way they are held? Possibly. Perhaps Jagex wanted to make it easier to distinguish between the two?

I'm sure they share the same combat animations though. :/

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

It's coming tomorrow. We just need to be patient, after all Monday was a holiday.

Wait, do they celebrate Victoria Day in the UK like we do in Canada?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Yes after every update of decent size, a hell lot of bots are temporarely disabled. The rate is almost over 60% of the total active players that is seeming to bot. because after like 2 hours, still a lot is not reactivated.

BUT the good news is:

Jagex is stating about the duel arena cap that: 'Also, only duels won on a members' world will count.'

This is NOT true! I can confirm so far that at least tier 2 and tier 3 are too available to F2P duel arena fighters!

I can't confirm yet this is also active on the wildstalker helmet.

greedy44.png

Yes after every update of decent size, a hell lot of bots are temporarely disabled. The rate is almost over 60% of the total active players that is seeming to bot. because after like 2 hours, still a lot is not reactivated.

BUT the good news is:

Jagex is stating about the duel arena cap that: 'Also, only duels won on a members' world will count.'

This is NOT true! I can confirm so far that at least tier 2 and tier 3 are too available to F2P duel arena fighters!

Hmm... Maybe I should go work on a duel hat before they "fix" it...

EDIT: I saw a post on the RSOF someone said they got 10 f2p wildy kills and it didnt affect the hat. Haven't tested myself tho.

No stats on any of the hats.

Well, another item gone to waste then, seeing as I don't pk or duel arena at all. DG ftw :thumbup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

T3 took a while, can't imagine myself going for 5k kills. :unsure:

Too bad the T3 is lila, not really a bad-ass colour :P

Yeah the T2 and T3 caps are pretty fruity for "death" hats. It'd be like watching a death metal band full of crossdressers.

EDIT: Helped a friend get T4. Can get 200+ kills in an hour with 2 fast people forfeiting, making 100+ legit kills/h if you get a partner and share forfeits.

BUT the good news is:

I wonder when this will be patched.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Hgreenblood is back on the hiscores (for all I know he's been back) and some of his stats were reset. Most notably, his magic xp has been reduced from over 150m to about 80m. Cheaters never prosper ;)

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Hgreenblood is back on the hiscores (for all I know he's been back) and some of his stats were reset. Most notably, his magic xp has been reduced from over 150m to about 80m. Cheaters never prosper ;)

Boo hoo. Now he can't cast.... wait no, never mind.

A more appropriate punishment would be to put it at -1m xp. Grind your way out of that, nub.

♪♪ And I'm not done

That's most cruel and unrefined.

-150m. Silly goose.

EDIT: So, F2P got the hats, huh. Well that's a bone the lot of you should enjoy especially after the rotten business over those capes. I very much doubt they'll "fix" it at this point.

The KB once again lagged behind the release.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

That's most cruel and unrefined.

-150m. Silly goose.

EDIT: So, F2P got the hats, huh. Well that's a bone the lot of you should enjoy especially after the rotten business over those capes. I very much doubt they'll "fix" it at this point.

The KB once again lagged behind the release.

The news post clearly states that kills in f2p won't upgrade the hats. As far as I'm aware the wildy hat doesn't work with f2p kills. This leads me to believe that the duel hats working in f2p is a [bleep] up on jagex's part. If they don't "fix" it, then cool. But, for now I'm expecting it's a mistake and they will until they confirm otherwise.

I suppose you've forgotten the innumerable times their newsposts and the KB articles were wrong when dealing with the little details, then. Hell, I certainly have, except I'm quite sure there were such cases.

And I'm sure they shortly found out F2P had access to all the tiers. Why then didn't they hotfix it on the spot like they did with other things of this nature? One you could relate to is the dungeoneering exp in F2P. It didn't take them all that long to slash the bloody thing in half out of panic.

So, perhaps it's to keep F2P quiet and happy. Do enjoy.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Rule of thumb:

New content released is always P2P.

When Jamflex says "Available to all players," it means p2p only.

When Jamflex says "Available to members only," it has the off chance of including F2P.

Yeah that makes sense.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Rule of thumb:

New content released is always P2P.

When Jamflex says "Available to all players," it means p2p only.

When Jamflex says "Available to members only," it has the off chance of including F2P.

Yeah that makes sense.

I agree with the above statement, I think Water mentioned this before. We (F2P) are perfectly fine with what we have now, anything extra is a bonus. Even if they set F2P version of RS back 4 to 5 years ago, I would still play, because I am in it for the simplicity of things. I am just very glad I have this wonderful free game to play with on my spare time, and slowly work toward my goals. Remind me how we have to handle things carefully for legal document, any kind of wording or statements sounds a bit too gray or not clear enough will immediately make the whole incident into triple overtime.....

a happy Runescaper

I'm pretty much on the same boat with Central Keeper here, anything that is given to the free game is to be appreciated and never expect anything to be given. I'm content with the amount of content we already have in the free game and any more is just pushing it.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention