The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Even though I enjoy members, I've decided to make a character that will be entirely free to play. I'm still going to put in time on my main members character, however, I also want to get the free to play experience. I'm pretty familiar with most things in the game, however, does anyone have any advice I should be aware of that a member might not know about?

Bot bots and more bots. I hear members complaining about them, but it's far worse in F2P, so any training you do you WILL have to compete with multiple bots, wherever you go.

Yea, unfortunately I've already experienced this. Also its hard to get used to not being able to mute gold advertisers (my main is a player mod).

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Attempting to do a "perfect" hour of fish xp > Get a maze random less than 15 minutes in

FML, restarting

Did a near-flawless hour fly fishing and high/low alching every fish. Inv of 20 urns was filled after 53-54 minutes (total 60k fish xp) and then I did the rest of the hour without getting more urns. Just under 66k fish xp (also ~54k mage xp for a total of 120k/h) should be pretty close to the max possible for f2p.

I'll do the same for wc with willows sometime. :P

I was F2p a while ago for few days and i tryed some powercutting on willows :). Was cutting on willows south of church in Port Sarim.

Used rune hatchet with woodcutting urns. With lvl 99 I got a peak of 82k/hr with 69k from willows and 13k from urns (this was without banking for urns). This is pretty nice considering Ivy is almost the same on 99. Including bank time and hopping for newb bots I think u could easily get an average of 75k/hr on willows in F2p :thumbsup:

Ofc willows is compared to ivy alot harder #-o

Spammers/advertisers can be ignored. Beggars and annoying pures/skillers can't.

That, and bots, is why I moved to P2p after 99 mining. xD

I was quite content in F2p, but at the end of the day you have to put up with more crap than in P2p.

With my chats off, and my friends chat filled with wonderful people is pretty much the only way I can manage without being annoyed too much, but I imagine not everyone is so lucky. My respect to all of you that manage still. :thumbup:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

i got 74k/h once pakalolo, you can save ticks with chopping 2 and dropping them, so you can carry maximum urns, but this method is pretty hard, not able to average it

Might do an inv of 23 urns (2 open spaces with alch runes + gp) when I try to max an hour. I recall doing a 65k+ hour using a tinderbox to drop logs before urns. I'll probably wait til 96+ before I really try to max an hour so I should be able to match at least close to Troi's 82k.

I always wc in the resource dg too, so bots/crowds aren't an issue at all.

Eh, I don't find it too hard to ignore bots.

Because it isn't.

Unless they're stealing mining all 'your' iron ores. ;_;

There is 1 way I know of to beat people/bots mining who outping you. Bring a sling (or shortbow+arrows if you want to waste money). Play with shooting the scorpions between rocks (make sure you have it set to Rapid). Once you get the timing right you'll be able to outmine anyone (unless there's another rangeminer with better timing or ping ;)).

What in the world is this? Now you are trolling me on these forums?

First of all, the runetracker graph is completely glitched. Runetracker is often glitched for me as a matter of fact. My account is 5 months old, according to Runetracker, that down line in graph took my xp from 87m to 37m, that is 50m down? That means that my xp was taken away? Firstly it is wrong as this never happened. Secondly if I lost 50m xp in f2p, you honestly think that I would still be playing. Thirdly my overall xp is 97.7m xp, if my xp went down by 50m in graph, and I have 97.7m, that means I originally had 150m xp approximately, and I have been playing for 5months. Noone has ever achieved 150m overall in first 5 months, and obviously I did not either. Therefore this graph is extremely glitched, this happened to one of my friends once as well, and he never got rbed or lost any xp as I know what his xp was.

Secondly, my name z6z61im4s99 = zezimas99s, it is the way it is because zezima is one of my inspirations. Secondly the name zezimas99s was already taken, which is why I had to make a name that looked to similar to it. I certainly do not see how that is a botter's name 0.o. That is like saying, the famous p2p player 398573520683 has a botter's name just because he decided to have a bunch of numbers.

Secondly, the link to video, presents some bot vid, and the author's name is my name. This is extremely baffling as I have never made a youtube account in my life. Also, it is very counterintuitive, for a botter, to have youtube account's name to be same as rs name and have bot videos uploaded to public. That to me makes no sense at all. If I was this random person make bot videos, why in the world would I use the same rs name for my youtube name and be making bot videos? It is because I do not own this youtube account, I am also not responsible for making this video. Also the person in video seems to have windows 7, I have windows xp professional.

I am a legitimate player, regardless of whatever "evidence", (absolutely meaningless to me) you are trying to use here, it is completely false that I have ever macroed the game. It also does not make sense for once to have almost 100m xp without any bans or anything if they are botting.

I have been nolifing, I am playing 15-20 hours a day, depending on many factors. I afk tons during just fm, in no other skill do I afk so much as fm bores me. Secondly, I am training dg usually on weekends or many times on weekdays. Now that I have final exam on Monday, I will be dging everyday and have 116 dungeoneering hopefully by the end of summer vacation.

I have recently been harassed due to all of this false information that is being used to troll me. I am in no way related to whoever this person on youtube with my rs name. I am extremely addicted to the game, as well as use it for enjoyment, as I really like the game and I cannot emphasize that enough.

I do not have anything else to say other than all of these claims are false and please do not try to exacerbate my reputation any further.

Z6z61im4s99.png

Highest Monster in F2P?

That's for bosses hm?

The highest level regular monster in f2p would be a level 169 hill giant, from what I've seen. There might be higher but idk.

Before the update it would have been a level 203 mercenary leader whom spawns tier 11 NPCs. But now that's gone and the max is what, tier 5? <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

@this zezima guy

u have been proved botting, by kid r4nger who has called people to verify how you were inable to firemake after we burnt logs in front of you, and yes you are a botter, you have told me you were reset for being hacked i remember quite well, whereas your graph clearly shows other evidence,

my friend you are banned from our clan for valid reasons, nor are you a pure f2p, what the video has shown, nor are you a legimatic player, and whatever you are trying i wont, and all the other top f2pers will ever have any respect of you,

your pathetic rage is all what puts you down to the bad reputation you have thoroughly earned and i hope you will be eventually banned.

F2p's fastest leveling person :), check out my blog:

My Goal-thread to max F2P within a year and a half :P.

Nuffbutmage.png

please note that the video has been removed by the fellow botter, after he was busted..

2wfmfsw.jpg

so if he wasnt the author, yet the video got removed immediately by the author after i have posted this? haha

Nuffbutmage.png

@z6

Frankly I don't care what you're saying to defend yourself, nor do I care as to whether or not you have ever been botting, but if you're just going to be arrogant as hell and completely disrepect / speak negatively of just about anyone with higher or lesser stats than you have (namely, Tezaki, but as well as anyone else in the clan chat), I really don't give a damn about you.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

What in the world? First of all, like I said I usually afk for most part while fming, also, I only went to fog because my gf was fming there. Secondly, when I looked at vid it was there. Thirdly, how the hell would I remove it if I can not even access that account. Secondly I have talked to kid r4nger, Idc what he says because I he says I was logging many times. And I told him about the fact that I get dced often. And so on and so forth. Plus all that about me getting hacked, and rbed and all that was a made up joke, for which I wanted to see reaction. If I really had been rbed, you think I would tell every person in a clan? It was meant to be a joke,did not think someone like you would take it so seriously.

Z6z61im4s99.png

What in the world? First of all, like I said I usually afk for most part while fming, also, I only went to fog because my gf was fming there. Secondly, when I looked at vid it was there. Thirdly, how the hell would I remove it if I can not even access that account. Secondly I have talked to kid r4nger, Idc what he says because I he says I was logging many times. And I told him about the fact that I get dced often. And so on and so forth.

9thoqu.jpg

playing since 9 july 2010, another lie..

haha i close this case, you are appearently a young child, who wastes the daddies money on the electricity bill, most unlegit player ever :D

dont really want to talk with people of these kind..

Nuffbutmage.png

Hi! I am new in this forum and I think that I'll be really happy to post in this thread, because I am F2P-only player too :) So just letting ya know :P

Looks like I should join in on this thread too.

My rsn is Dartfield - feel free to add me since I only log in every now and then to see how many friends is on. I can't stand playing when there's no one to talk to.

Hey guys, welcome to the thread! I do apologize for the bit of drama that you may have just witnessed, and consequently you guys didn't get as much light as you deserved. However it is a rarity, and hopefully we'll get to know you a lot more! Cool stats, and it's great to hear from you!

Once again, welcome!

Isthatok

Highest Monster in F2P?

level238glutton.png

level220icybones.png

That's for bosses hm?

The highest level regular monster in f2p would be a level 169 hill giant, from what I've seen. There might be higher but idk.

Before the update it would have been a level 203 mercenary leader whom spawns tier 11 NPCs. But now that's gone and the max is what, tier 5? <_<

Yup. Mercs are really easy now, but I do believe they still go up to T11 (spawning T5 or T6 now though), and I once had a glutton level 209 before then but now they've reduced the hitpoints on those things. I've also seen level 178 skeletons but there could definitely be higher :P I was really surprised today when we came upon these bosses - it was completely unprecedented.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Man, reading z6's posts is excruciating.

Z6, it's painfully obvious that you are lying. Just stop.

Enjoy your botted skills. Feel secure in the knowledge that Jagex won't do anything. You'll have to live with the scorn of your peers though, so there's that.

@ z6z61im4s99,

1. Why have you been muted for such a long time.

2. If that YT account isn't yours, then how comes that when I asked a person to contact you to tell

that I don't want my name tagged in that botting-video, they asked you ingame and you never said it's not yours?

3. Hgreenblood botted till 160M+ Magexp, so I guess it is possible after all. You certainly can't make your point there.

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

Hello f2pers!

I'm 0 def, 100% f2per with a troll / ironic / contradictory / etc name.

I've followed this topic since page 50 at the least (i had a post on page 53, i think), and have just noticed everyone deciding to introduce themselves, so I thought.. Why not I?

I'm in tfs (total f2p skillers) and have been for around a year and a half, the community over there is amazing.

I love combat, (Have 99 defence / 87 range, currently) i'm partial to the occasional fog / gop, and am currently learning how to skill, considering i've done virtually no skilling for the past 6 + months.

I love the simplicity of f2p, the community and the unparalleled options, for a free game.

Looking forward to contributing (hopefully) and meeting a few of you.

:)

Hello f2pers!

I'm 0 def, 100% f2per with a troll / ironic / contradictory / etc name.

I've followed this topic since page 50 at the least (i had a post on page 53, i think), and have just noticed everyone deciding to introduce themselves, so I thought.. Why not I?

I'm in tfs (total f2p skillers) and have been for around a year and a half, the community over there is amazing.

I love combat, (Have 99 defence / 87 range, currently) i'm partial to the occasional fog / gop, and am currently learning how to skill, considering i've done virtually no skilling for the past 6 + months.

I love the simplicity of f2p, the community and the unparalleled options, for a free game.

Looking forward to contributing (hopefully) and meeting a few of you.

:)

haha i did see you mining yesterday :D, welcome!

Nuffbutmage.png