The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I achieved my 99 crafting today!

Then I decided to get earth gloves to train some rc. But I managed to get so angry in FoG due to constant running around. Literally everyone fron 17-123 run like hell,I don't have time to run after and search you like mad, I'm more into staying and fighting. Especially lvl 3-70??? They don't have any chance to win, so why run around and wait death longer? Well I don't get it. Well, I got my gloves and tried which is faster walking or musician. Did 4 trips with each method and found out that walking is slightly faster, 1-2 seconds each trip, I'm quite surprised.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

Then I decided to get earth gloves to train some rc. But I managed to get so angry in FoG due to constant running around. Literally everyone fron 17-123 run like hell,I don't have time to run after and search you like mad, I'm more into staying and fighting. Especially lvl 3-70??? They don't have any chance to win, so why run around and wait death longer? Well I don't get it. Well, I got my gloves and tried which is faster walking or musician. Did 4 trips with each method and found out that walking is slightly faster, 1-2 seconds each trip, I'm quite surprised.

No clue why people run like that. It especially bothers me when it's low levelled pures that only are in FoG to leech free XP at the cost of others.

And when they finally realise they only have to go to the centre, they start ****ing healing. ._.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

You must be wrong. Musician is faster, except you're wearing runite.

/edit: Found old notices when I tested it:

Crafting Earths 10 runs:

without musician - 15:20 (920s 280 runes)

with musician - 14:25 (865s 280 runes)

with tele+musician - 11:25 (685s 260 runes)

13xp per rune with gloves

without musician - 14,2k xp/h

with musician - 15,1k xp/h

with tele+musician - 17,8k xp/h

[404] Signature not found.

No clue why people run like that. It especially bothers me when it's low levelled pures that only are in FoG to leech free XP at the cost of others.

And when they finally realise they only have to go to the centre, they start ****ing healing. ._.

Call me crazy...but I'm pretty sure FOG was designed TO RUN AROUND AND STAY ALIVE LONGER

I hate....and I mean HATE....when people complain about runners...it's how the game was meant to work. It's how I was able to beat level 90+ players when I was only level 50.

I'm sorry that people play FOG the right way, and use bandages that are given to them to...idk...USE!? Just teleing to the middle and Hurp durp standing there for a minute is NOT how the game is meant to be played. There's a reason the box in the corner has the words "Hunting" and "Hunted by"....you're supposed to go HUNT for them, as in...run around and actually LOOK for your target so you can kill them. The house are there because they're supposed to be USED!

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

And I was talking about the pures that waste someone's (and their own) time by healing when it's obvious they'll lose and they already have got the XP they wanted.

Call me crazy...but I'm pretty sure FOG was designed TO RUN AROUND AND STAY ALIVE LONGER

I hate....and I mean HATE....when people complain about runners...it's how the game was meant to work. It's how I was able to beat level 90+ players when I was only level 50.

I'm sorry that people play FOG the right way, and use bandages that are given to them to...idk...USE!? Just teleing to the middle and Hurp durp standing there for a minute is NOT how the game is meant to be played. There's a reason the box in the corner has the words "Hunting" and "Hunted by"....you're supposed to go HUNT for them, as in...run around and actually LOOK for your target so you can kill them. The house are there because they're supposed to be USED!

Looks like someone needs to cool down :P

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

If I would be lvl 40 currently and my opponent would be 120. I would train my free magic and when I'm hunted, then I would get in the middle, eat all bandages and get myself killed. I'll save atleast 4-5 minutes of time, as of xp, I estimate that will probably double the gained xp in an hour.

My previous post wasn't intended to be a rant, but I was slightly dissapointed and I hadn't played it for 1,5 years also.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

If I would be lvl 40 currently and my opponent would be 120. I would train my free magic and when I'm hunted, then I would get in the middle, eat all bandages and get myself killed. I'll save atleast 4-5 minutes of time, as of xp, I estimate that will probably double the gained xp in an hour.

My previous post wasn't intended to be a rant, but I was slightly dissapointed and I hadn't played it for 1,5 years also.

Just a question... Why would you heal when in the middle? The level ~120 person probably doesn't care about XP and just wants to get some tokens/rating.

He 'helped' you by letting you train magic on him (he could easily have been running around and hiding in the houses etc) so why not show some sort of gratitude by 'helping' him as well?

On the bright side though, prayer and runecrafting costs are dropping like mad :D

Oh, that's great. :blink:

I actually thought bones would get more expensive because of the changes to free trade/wildy.

I did too, and they probably will once it gets implemented. At least, I hope so such that I can safely bank as much as I can before that happens.

And gratz Mackenzie! I also hate FoG; I'd rather spend on talismans and get faster xp, and besides FoG really only boosts your overall xp rate by 1-2kph :|

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Running does work, want proof?

schermafbeelding2011010z.png

My max hit is 38, and the fastest I ever killed someone is 1200 charges.

If I stood in the center the entire time I wouldn't have won any match, now I have won several against level 90+

If I realize my opponent isn't a complete [developmentally delayed], I let myself die because it isn't helping for both of us, but if I have a chance I go for it.

Hey fellow free players, check this out. (QFC: 42-43-226-62139604)

Three major F2P clans are hosting a gathering for ALL pure free players out there.

Thought you might be interested.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

I just started up runescape again after my old account was hacked a few months ago. Despite the fact that I've gotten two 99's on that account (and a lot of fond memories), I'm rolling pure F2P with my new account. Hopefully I will have some progress to post in a few months time :).

disturbeda.png

I just started up runescape again after my old account was hacked a few months ago. Despite the fact that I've gotten two 99's on that account (and a lot of fond memories), I'm rolling pure F2P with my new account. Hopefully I will have some progress to post in a few months time :).

Welcome back nerdboyxxx :D

Sorry to hear that your old account got hacked though. :( No worries, have a good time and hope you enjoy starting fresh again! Go for a 99 in f2p as well!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Sooo...is there any chance my f2p account could get in this Dragoon team I've heard about?

This is my account, His name is Eriginart

eRIGI.png

Now I'm sure some of the things I'll be noted on are my inabilities to make everything F2p, praying, and gatestoning.

On the note of making materials. From what I've gathered, even in F2p, making armor is unnecessary, I can fish and cook the best fish. If need be, I'll make my own armor, and not rely on the team for it

For praying...that's a problem for myself, not the team. I don't let lack of prayer stop me from fighting monsters, I may need to attempt to run sooner, but you can bet I'll be in those rooms

Gatestoning...my solution to this is simple...I make myself Personal gatestones, and leave them at the start room. When called to GGS, I tele to my Gatestone, then take the portal.

I'm just sick of trying to do my Medium/larges on worlds like 7.....

I have a kratonite spear (will upgrade to Fractice obviously when I'm 40 atk), utuku longbow (spinebeam when 40 range), and blastbox (with bolts) bound. For range ammo, I just take one of the piles of arrows off the tables that I can use, and ONLY ONE pile. If no one else takes any of the other arrows, then I'll take them.

If anything, think of me like those random level 3s, who lower your average combat....except I can actually fight too. (my combat is 49 atm btw)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I'd love to dungeoneer with you, especially if you mage.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Just drop by Negative12's cc anytime and ask to join a member's team.

Since when did the cc change to Negative12? :unsure:

I haven't logged on in about a week lol... I'm really lagging behind things nowadays. Then again f2p don't get much major updates.

@Izenhime: Instead of ranging, bind fire staff + blastbox (125 bolt/blast charges). At low levels you do more dps with magic than ranged.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Hey guys, I'm getting 99 Mining with Karl047 soon, so if you would like to share in the celebration... :)

World: 16

Date: Saturday January 15, 2011 (Tentative)

Time: 2:00pm EST | 7:00pm GMT (Tentative)

Alternatively, there is a pure F2P gathering at the Jolly Bear Inn on the same world from noon to 2pm hosted by several F2P skilling clans, so if you're purely F2P or just want to hang out with us me and Karl will be training out from there at about 1:50pm.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~