The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

The Wilderness and Free Trade Will Return!

however, i still doubt it until the day it back.

any opinion on this?

will it come back as original or modified (with condition/rules) ?

patch notes: The Dungeoneering bone necklaces no longer have an effect on free worlds

WTH? how about the f2p necklace?

Requirements to start hunting Hati: Be brave enough to fight a level 654 enemy, alone or with a group.

hahaha, they will need every % of the soak they can get. i cant imagine the damage and good luck with the strongest monster level 1001 Nex.

The Wilderness and Free Trade Will Return!

however, i still doubt it until the day it back.

any opinion on this?

will it come back as original or modified (with condition/rules) ?

Given their past blunders (most salient among them being the removal of these two things in the first place) I can see why people would be skeptical of Jagex, but I'm not this time around. This is the first time I can remember that I actually have faith in one of Jagex's promises. On their referendum page, they said that the reinstatement of free trade and the wilderness would entail the following changes:

About Free Trade:

•  
  • Unrestricted Free Trade between players
  • Unlimited staking in the Duel Arena
  • The Grand Exchange would remain, but with the lower and upper price limits removed
  • Party Room drop restrictions removed
  • Item Lending still available
  • Assist System still available
  • LootShare and CoinShare still available

About the Wilderness:

•  
  • The Wilderness becomes a rather dangerous area again and players can kill each other for their items
  • PVP, Bounty and Bounty +1 Worlds removed (game mechanics may be re-used in the future)
  • New objects that affect combat will be analysed on an individual basis
  • Gravestones would still be used outside of the Wilderness
  • Various PVP items and gear will still be available and won’t become ‘rares’
  • Revenants patrolling the Wilderness will be relocated
  • Content located in the Wilderness area reviewed as follows:
  • Quests (e.g. Spirit of Summer) and Activities (e.g. Clan Wars) would be relocated
  • Other content (e.g. Treasure Trails, the Beacon Network and D&Ds) would be looked at on a case-by-case basis

I'm going to assume good faith and believe that all of these things, even if not immediately, will be put into effect. This is a major opportunity for Jagex to rescind a huge wrong, and if they follow through, I think a lot of the userbase's faith in Jagex will be restored, and some new faith in Mark Gerhard might be found. But if they screw up and qualify, rationalize, and try to "babyproof" this somehow, they could very well leave a bad impression on many players that can't be changed easily, and they might just leave again.

Tl;dr: This is a big opportunity for Jagex to fix a screw-up, and it would be in their best interest to follow through with each of the promises they've laid out.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Given their past blunders (most salient among them being the removal of these two things in the first place) I can see why people would be skeptical of Jagex, but I'm not this time around. This is the first time I can remember that I actually have faith in one of Jagex's promises. On their referendum page, they said that the reinstatement of free trade and the wilderness would entail the following changes:

I'm going to assume good faith and believe that all of these things, even if not immediately, will be put into effect. This is a major opportunity for Jagex to rescind a huge wrong, and if they follow through, I think a lot of the userbase's faith in Jagex will be restored, and some new faith in Mark Gerhard might be found. But if they screw up and qualify, rationalize, and try to "babyproof" this somehow, they could very well leave a bad impression on many players that can't be changed easily, and they might just leave again.

Tl;dr: This is a big opportunity for Jagex to fix a screw-up, and it would be in their best interest to follow through with each of the promises they've laid out.

ya, you might be right about this, they have come too far to back off now by making promises.

If you're looking to prepare for free trade, here's my analysis of the market (I feel so awesome saying this) -

Armour in the long run will be the biggest loser. This includes god armour, trimmed, etc. Short-term it may spike, but I wouldn't trust it for more than 2-3 weeks. In the old system, armour was destroyed all willy-nilly - whenever you downed an opponent in full rune, the most you could get was 2 things from their inventory, plus 2 high level drop items. So when a person in full rune went down, they'd lose 1. full helm 2. body 3. legs 4. kite 5. scimitar 6. 2h, and POSSIBLY 7. gauntlets.

At best you'd get 4 pieces of rune armour, and half the time it was unwanted junk anyway (rune swords, longswords, battleaxes). In this new (old... er... what?) system, when you kill a person no armour will leave the game.

Of armour, the biggest of the losers will be FoG rewards. Long term I expect them to drop to 2/3rd to even 1/2 of their current price.

An influx of items without a way to leave the game will cause deflation - coins will be very valuable.

The biggest gainers (if you can obtain any) short-term will be consumables like swordfish, lobsters, strength potion, adamant arrows. I'd be very weary of some of the popular macro'd consumables longterm, swordfish and lobsters, until we can see Jagex effectively fight macroers. If they can't, the prices on these items will be tied to real life currency.

On a personal note, I haven't sold my santa hat yet. I expect lots more people to get banned for RWT, making rares even rarer.

Lastly, raw materials such as uncut gems, bones, and certain ores will be largely unaffected by an influx of macroers. Most ores already have a macroer on them, most gems are hard to obtain, and there is no longer a place to easily obtain big bones like the bone pit.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Of armour, the biggest of the losers will be FoG rewards. Long term I expect them to drop to 2/3rd to even 1/2 of their current price.

Well, there goes my main source of income, might as well cash in my tokens and sell the items while I can :(

nao guis. how will i go about charging rune guants on a acc im only training def on. im guessing i should just afk both rounds of fog and thats going to take ages :|

how many tokens is it to recharge the gaunts? i forgot.

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

meh will take like 2/3 hours to recharge then

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

the hidden updates stated that Explorer ring 4 is now able to craft extra runes, but i not sure with 2 other ring. but oh well, most ppl had ring 4 anyway.

How many months has it taken to fix this?

the hidden updates stated that Explorer ring 4 is now able to craft extra runes, but i not sure with 2 other ring. but oh well, most ppl had ring 4 anyway.

Too many.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Bug occurred when elite diaries were released, which was on 7th Sep.

[404] Signature not found.

What hidden updates? The thread doesn't even mention it anywhere. It only has updates till November 2010.

I'll go ahead and test ring 3 though.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

What hidden updates? The thread doesn't even mention it anywhere. It only has updates till November 2010.

I'll go ahead and test ring 3 though.

Hidden updates in wikia, i think all ring is working like it should be.

keep an eye on the Engine Team Q&A, it already had part 1 and 2, which part 2 contain futures changes that include a lot of different thing.

Alright, I can confirm the glitch has been fixed now. A load of water runes gave me like 170-ish xp now, and the Lumbridge ring sparkles to life message appears again.

Took them long enough... <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

DONT DIE BELOVED FREEPLAY DISCUSSION :-(

Well, aside from that, shouldn't be just a bump right? I was thinking, if the wildy changes were to be implemented, are they going to bring back the old areas as well? If so, then f2p prayer might have a bit more of an advantage, because this means the boneyard will come back, meaning big bones are free! :thumbsup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

well, that is a great idea, i would love to have it back. i already see people in the RSOF is already suggesting this, it will surely bring down the big bones prices.

however, i like the volcano, since ranger and mage can safe spot greater demon and ankou there.

not to say got 2 safe area for PKer to safe.

Big Bone prices going down? Let's all bow our heads and hope it comes true. :pray:

I liked the old 300 Each price and now that I am training combat and am loaded, it's the perfect time for Big Bone price to drop.

oh man... see the pre-Wilderness & Free Trade Q&A

this is the summary for F2P that should be take noted

GE can set whatever price to sell or buy

Staking will return

volcano banker will be removed

no gravestone in wilderness

player killed drop system is same as before

no countdown before drop party

items that drop on floor or put on table will immediately appear

Revenants will be added to a new PvP enabled dungeon

minigames/activities that are in the Wilderness will be most likely relocated cave just north of Falador

Clan wars dangerous “free for all” will be almost the same as wilderness

NO “safe” worlds for non-pkers to use without fear of being killed

Any player attacking a monster in the wilderness can be attacked by another player, even if you are in single way combat

Runite rocks in the wilderness will refill much faster than other Runite rocks in the game