The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Running does work, want proof?

schermafbeelding2011010z.png

My max hit is 38, and the fastest I ever killed someone is 1200 charges.

If I stood in the center the entire time I wouldn't have won any match, now I have won several against level 90+

If I realize my opponent isn't a complete [developmentally delayed], I let myself die because it isn't helping for both of us, but if I have a chance I go for it.

Haha same. I have a level 30-40 pure and I win against 80-90+ alot just by running. It's not wrong to run, it's a tactic that is frowned upon because players can't kill you as fast as they want so they flame you for doing the smart thing ahaha.

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict

Running does work, want proof?

img

My max hit is 38, and the fastest I ever killed someone is 1200 charges.

If I stood in the center the entire time I wouldn't have won any match, now I have won several against level 90+

If I realize my opponent isn't a complete [developmentally delayed], I let myself die because it isn't helping for both of us, but if I have a chance I go for it.

Haha same. I have a level 30-40 pure and I win against 80-90+ alot just by running. It's not wrong to run, it's a tactic that is frowned upon because players can't kill you as fast as they want so they flame you for doing the smart thing ahaha.

Best thing about it is that if you have to defend first and run, they'll run to.

Good thing is they don't know how to do it, so they end up with a lot less charges compared with simply tanking in the center :P

I just started up runescape again after my old account was hacked a few months ago. Despite the fact that I've gotten two 99's on that account (and a lot of fond memories), I'm rolling pure F2P with my new account. Hopefully I will have some progress to post in a few months time :).

Welcome back nerdboyxxx :D

Sorry to hear that your old account got hacked though. :( No worries, have a good time and hope you enjoy starting fresh again! Go for a 99 in f2p as well!

Yeah that did deal a pretty hefty blow. Still, I'm having a lot of fun starting over. This time around I think I will focus more on combat, but plans for a 99 will eventually happen. I can't get enough of grinding :P.

disturbeda.png

Just finished the knights sword quest with a combat level of 19. I thought I could ace the Ice warrior part, but I nearly died. I was on 12 HP when I found a safespot, and I had to wait a few minutes for the Ice warrior to lose aggro so I could mine the blurite ad get out of there (I ended up home teleing beause I would've never made it out alive :P).

Pretty eventful first week back in the world of Runescape, I reckon. Currently I'm trying to get all my stats around level 10, then 20, 30, and so forth. I'm hoping I can aim for a reasonable goal of all skills 70+ once I get a bit more motivated to do some serious training.

disturbeda.png

Just finished the knights sword quest with a combat level of 19. I thought I could ace the Ice warrior part, but I nearly died. I was on 12 HP when I found a safespot, and I had to wait a few minutes for the Ice warrior to lose aggro so I could mine the blurite ad get out of there (I ended up home teleing beause I would've never made it out alive :P).

I heard about this new item called trout that came out with a week ago, it's pretty cool, it stops you from dieing :rolleyes:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I heard about this new item called trout that came out with a week ago, it's pretty cool, it stops you from dieing :rolleyes:

Yeah I forgot it just came out, I missed the update. It would've really helped :lol:.

disturbeda.png

Was dungeoneering lastnight with a friend and three randoms, rushing 1-10. One of the people there was just completely obnoxious, would scold my friend if she wasn't johnny-on-the-spot with keys, while he would also fish and cook anything he could get his hands on... in a rush. Also when we had guardian doors to clear out for, before the last monster would die he would run over to the door and impatiently click it, and tell us to hurry up.

Oh, and between dungeons it took him about 20 seconds to click his number. Way to be quick, smart one.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

kOYSh.gif

I heard you can raise combat in runescape. The information was leaked in these forums so I am not sure about its veracity.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Hey guys, I'm getting 99 Mining with Karl047 soon, so if you would like to share in the celebration... :)

World: 16

Date: Saturday January 15, 2011 (Tentative)

Time: 2:00pm EST | 7:00pm GMT (Tentative)

Alternatively, there is a pure F2P gathering at the Jolly Bear Inn on the same world from noon to 2pm hosted by several F2P skilling clans, so if you're purely F2P or just want to hang out with us me and Karl will be training out from there at about 1:50pm.

Very nice done Istha! :thumbsup:

Since I'm leader of Tll, I'm supposed to be at the gathering all the time, so I don't think I can comme to your party :sad:

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

I thought it was pretty fun (both the dung, and your "first impression")

I'm just glad I didn't get thrown out instantly after you guys saw my levels :unsure:

Just remember, levels do not make a good dung partner - attitude and knowledge does. ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Just wondering if F2P will be able to have unlimited staking?

Probably, they did have free trade back then for F2P as well. Of course I can't put it past JaGeX to make free trade/staking P2P only for the increased membership.

I thought it was pretty fun (both the dung, and your "first impression")

I'm just glad I didn't get thrown out instantly after you guys saw my levels :unsure:

Just remember, levels do not make a good dung partner - attitude and knowledge does. ;)

I can definitely second that.

Yesterday we had a level 3 with a name like dung_leech1 and after seeing them invited to the party I was thinking, great someone to AFK in the base the whole time, so I pulled out Microsoft calculator and found that they lowered the average to 84 from 96 so that was good at least.

However once we were actually inside they were the most helpful member of the other teammates, making food, offering to run keys when they knew the path was clear of monsters, grabbing the keys from the other side of the room while we killed monsters and dropping them near us and so on.

Anyway, I can't remember the exact name of the character but they had 70 dg as of yesterday and definitely had the number 1 at the end of their user, so if you see them waiting for a dg add 'em, he comes with great recommendations. :thumbsup:

1yrb49.jpg

I'm dunging with my f2p cbt 3 skiller alot for a few months. I'm a decent dungeoneer and only lacking in a few skills atm (wc/fm/cook/fish are all 40+ and mine/smith are 35+). Currently working on getting my dungeon level to 69, it's currently 56. Username is Brodoink1 , would it be ok to join some of these dungeon cc's?

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

Go for it. If we like you, we won't kick you :cool:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Maybe I'm missing something but what are some f2p dung CCs?

I only have 49 dung right now but I'm working on getting it up. The only problem is I've been soloing so I kept my combat at 87 to avoid the xp cuts, but is that a disadvantage if I want to team? I do have half-decent skilling skills.

My stats (sig's a bit out of date):

70 melees

60 range

78 mage

71 hp

52 pray

60 rc

49 dung

70 craft

85 mining

74 smith

75 fish

75 cook

75 fm

72 wc

notthemightiesttreeuj3.png

+-------------------------+

| . . . . Pure F2P . . . .|

| sig8.png |

| 73 74 73 75 70 86 65 80 |

| sig9.png |

| 85 80 80 80 80 80 80 65 |

| Combat: 092 Total: 1235 |

Talk to Negative12, Pinkbullet3 or anyone else that manages/runs/frequents the chat. (Don't talk to me though - I'm not playing for a while until I get my internet problem solved.)

About free trade and wildy, I wonder how this will affect us free players. Will things still be the same as ever? The only thing I know will change are GE prices and obviously trading and PvP.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention