The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Hey everyone, I've been lurking 'round this thread for awhile now so I thought I should make an account and join in.

I'm Pure F2P like quite alot of the people on this thread are, though I have only just started this account a few months back so my levels are nothing amazing. Anyway, everyone have merry Christmas and I'll be looking foward to talking to you all sometime. :wink:

Welcome and Merry Chrismas!

:)

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Is it possible for us to get 500 of them and unlocked the air guitar which is only available to member at this point?

Not as a F2P but you can get it as a P2P cb 3. :D We would need many more skills like dungeoneering to get to 500. So probably never. ;)

[404] Signature not found.

Hey everyone, I've been lurking 'round this thread for awhile now so I thought I should make an account and join in.

I'm Pure F2P like quite alot of the people on this thread are, though I have only just started this account a few months back so my levels are nothing amazing. Anyway, everyone have merry Christmas and I'll be looking foward to talking to you all sometime. :wink:

Oh hey Cat! I recognize you, you PM'ed me in game correct?

Merry Christmas and welcome to the forums! Good luck on your personal F2P journey.

Set a goal for yourself! Like get all stats ranked, 50+, or anything like that. It's a fun way to keep yourself playing ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

dear lord i forgot how boring training def is with 1 att and str. because the monks got nerfed ages ago so they dont constantly heal i have to pay attention for about 5k xp a hour or somthing horrible <_<

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

may i ask what is the point to raise a tanker? without att and str, it cant basically do anything, not to say hard to train 1.

i like the idea that Golden hammer can be replace in any area that involve the normal hammer. which might make ppl actually keep it rather then having fun for few min then destroy it.

may i ask what is the point to raise a tanker? without att and str, it cant basically do anything, not to say hard to train 1.

i like the idea that Golden hammer can be replace in any area that involve the normal hammer. which might make ppl actually keep it rather then having fun for few min then destroy it.

Oh wow, did not know that. Guess I better go get mine back from Diango

May I suggest chickens? They have a lower def so you'll hit a tiny but more accurate, but it requires more attention.

I fought mice on my def pure in Varrock Sewers, Stronghold of Security hadn't been released yet but now that it does exist it's a better alternative because some of the rooms are full of mice.

dear lord i forgot how boring training def is with 1 att and str. because the monks got nerfed ages ago so they dont constantly heal i have to pay attention for about 5k xp a hour or somthing horrible <_<

Do you have a talisman staff?

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

FOG is amazing training for low / odd levels, tbh. People you fight have their HP + 5*150 worth of hits, and virtually zero defense. Only problem is you have to put up with the people that think winning big is everything...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

FOG is amazing training for low / odd levels, tbh. People you fight have their HP + 5*150 worth of hits, and virtually zero defense. Only problem is you have to put up with the people that think winning big is everything...

Except killing these people take a DAMN long time, especially since most of these people use prayer... :s

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Well I'm the type that centertanks cuz I'm lazy XD

And it doesn't hurt either. For one I get more rating/tokens for that round. For another my opponent gets free xp, why not? :)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Never once have I gotten 5k even on a low lvl opponent, the highest was 4.1k. Maybe it's got something to do with my mediocre combat skills... ^^;

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Never once have I gotten 5k even on a low lvl opponent, the highest was 4.1k. Maybe it's got something to do with my mediocre combat skills... ^^;

same, never had, highest i think is about 4.8k, with my opponent say let him train and give me full charge while i afk do other thing

but you never know except it is already 2nd round or lvl difference is too high.

i always hide at the sweat spot and wait for opponent to come and tele, sometime they slow or cant find which is great for me.

i dont really like to die in house, most of the time i just on prayer and afk. a sure win rather then just barely or maybe win.

sometime got some guy with good runner skill, pc and internet, able to out run from me. so just precautions.

I'm not actually sure if 5K charges gets you the best token rate. I only get around 25, but I can easily get half that in seemingly less than half the time. I haven't done this in a very long time though, so don't take my word for it.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

I'm not actually sure if 5K charges gets you the best token rate. I only get around 25, but I can easily get half that in seemingly less than half the time. I haven't done this in a very long time though, so don't take my word for it.

True. I get around 10 tokens with 1.5k-ish charges (the amount of charges I usually get) and that sure is hell a lot faster than the 4.1k one which I got ~20.

I still cbf house suiciding tho D: it makes me look like a noob. XD

---

Side note. Why can't dg randoms in w7 have the same "complete the dungeon asap" mindset? I mean, you WANT your large dungs to take an hour and a half? Seriously I don't get these people at all. :mellow:

I know that with low-healing food in f2p, non-GDs can sometimes be lethal. Even in a "clear all except deadends", designation of monster killing (aka. pile this monster, then move on to another) really speeds it up. In a Dragoon "clear all except deadends" large, the fastest was around 45 minutes iirc.

However, in most cases, skilling is almost never necessary. Sure the boss can deal a [cabbage]load of damage on you if you're not careful. But I find that with steady teamwork fighting the boss, even an inventory of picked up dusk eels as well as pray switching does the job. I guess buying short-finned eels and cooking them and making damage-boosting gear (melee boots/gloves) is acceptable skilling, but skilling in general just wastes time. This is especially true with things that have trivial to nonexistant effects (looking at YOU armor making).

I just wish the general population of w7 want faster dungs more... then I don't have to worry how I dung anymore :thumbsup:

*realizes this isn't the pro dg thread, but then realizes that is focused towards p2p, so meh*

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Side note. Why can't dg randoms in w7 have the same "complete the dungeon asap" mindset? I mean, you WANT your large dungs to take an hour and a half? Seriously I don't get these people at all. :mellow:

I know that with low-healing food in f2p, non-GDs can sometimes be lethal. Even in a "clear all except deadends", designation of monster killing (aka. pile this monster, then move on to another) really speeds it up. In a Dragoon "clear all except deadends" large, the fastest was around 45 minutes iirc.

However, in most cases, skilling is almost never necessary. Sure the boss can deal a [cabbage]load of damage on you if you're not careful. But I find that with steady teamwork fighting the boss, even an inventory of picked up dusk eels as well as pray switching does the job. I guess buying short-finned eels and cooking them and making damage-boosting gear (melee boots/gloves) is acceptable skilling, but skilling in general just wastes time. This is especially true with things that have trivial to nonexistant effects (looking at YOU armor making).

I just wish the general population of w7 want faster dungs more... then I don't have to worry how I dung anymore :thumbsup:

Yea, I would agree, which is why I only ever go with Dragoons or World 61 :s Taking a break from it now though.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Just recently played through a large, our merc leader was only lvl 81ish looked like t4 gear. Funny thing it was a 5:5 and our average was probably in the 95-100 range. I really hope this is an exception and he hasn't been hit with a nerfbat, well maybe a small bat would be ok.

This is especially true with things that have trivial to nonexistant effects (looking at YOU armor making).

In a med to large dungeon, if there is convenient fractite ores I'll mine them and make armour at the earliest opportunity (smith it in the current room usually). The damage absorption that helm and legs provide really do make tanking easier, especially against lvl 60+ monsters. It also means I'm spending less time grabbing dusk eels and less interruption getting from room A to B, and more food to go around. Plus, my shared XP is always on, so you shouldn't mind getting free smithing XP :wink:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Just tried some f2p dungeoneering with my two brothers, since we were a little bored. Haven't tried dungeoneering since the first month, where I got level 71 :)

Anyways, I stumbled across a room with a mercenary leader, and what the hell? How are you supposed to beat a level 200 mercenary, plus mages, warriors and rangers - all in tier 11 gear, hitting 400's?

we were slaughtered, even with all the food we could get. Are there some good ways to handle these rooms, that might be good to know? :)

Scherzo.png