The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

good luck kicking while in combat...and then after the boss is dead (you can't at that point)

late reply. shows how much i dung lol

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Just got a monolith on a med F22 5:5 (125, 101, 9, 3, 3); took us over 7, if not 10 minutes.

One floor later, we got a mercenary, med F23 5:5 (125, 101, 9, 3, 3); took us less than 20 seconds.

Have to hate those monoliths...

Monoliths are much easier if all 5 are fighters rather than 2. Mercenaries do not adjust the same way simply because the monsters are scaled down due to the 3 failed leechers.

You would still get lvl 50-67 shades in your monolith, while your mercenary would probably only summon t4.

Because I don't leech (for a good reason as well), mercenaries are way tougher.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Just got a monolith on a med F22 5:5 (125, 101, 9, 3, 3); took us over 7, if not 10 minutes.

One floor later, we got a mercenary, med F23 5:5 (125, 101, 9, 3, 3); took us less than 20 seconds.

Have to hate those monoliths...

Me too. <_<

Btw guys, is F2P Dungeoneering as good as P2P? (Tokens wise)

P2P Dungeoneering's probably better once you can access the occult floors.

P2P Dungeoneering is always better except you're cb 3.

[404] Signature not found.

Speaking of Dungeoneering, do you guys kill every single monster you see, or do you quickly open skill/key doors and continue throughout the dungeon, leaving monsters in non-GD rooms alive?

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Speaking of Dungeoneering, do you guys kill every single monster you see, or do you quickly open skill/key doors and continue throughout the dungeon, leaving monsters in non-GD rooms alive?

I always rush my meds ;p but in 5:5 larges people tend to die a lot, so we just clear out those rooms.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Tried out W61 dung on my lvl 39 mager/skiller with 43 pray (which I got pretty much to DG) Cokeyed with a lvl 122 with 3 other leechers for about 10 floors, in which I found and binded Catalytic staff and blastbox (125 blasts). It was actually a lot of fun, especially soloing bosses like Rammernaut that are over twice your CB.

Rammernaut is easy - just run around maging him, avoid his charge special, and get him trapped in the corner. Once he's there, you can just lolmage him to death since he'll keep tripping when he does the charge attack. He's level 88, correct?

Also it's better to bind a fire staff, eliminates the need to rc entirely.

I for one find it more fun to do 5:5's the "normal" way. :P I haven't actually tried soloing any 5:5 bosses (lvl 87 soloing lvl 200 bosses lololol), but once I get high enough level I ought to try.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Entirely depends on what the team chooses to do. Either

a) rush (leave all the monsters alive, besides the obvious ones that need killing)

or

b) full dungeon (leave no monsters alive, save for the ones that don't need killing)

Usually when I'm leading, I'll announce at the start of my dungeons "5:1 rush small" or "5:5 med" so my teammates know what we're doing.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Usually with the parties I go with, I tell them; if there's a high level in a dead end that you would have to waste food / pray on, leave them. As far as I know, you only need 90% kill rate to get full exp so leaving the big ones in dead ends isn't that big of deal. But if they're some level 24 newbies, just kill them for the food / exp.

I for one find it more fun to do 5:5's the "normal" way. :P I haven't actually tried soloing any 5:5 bosses (lvl 87 soloing lvl 200 bosses lololol), but once I get high enough level I ought to try.

I've done it and I can tell you that it requires high attack and the patience to telly out of the boss room many times... lol

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

Who's up for another F2p Dunging amazement story?

I start fishing short-finned eels, and see a spine beam in the same room, lucky us right?

So I announce the group

"Ok, there's a spinebeam in the room to cook these one, please don't use low tier logs to cook this on"

I then notice a range in the room by the start room, so I say

"hey, there's a range here as well, i'm going to put the logs and fish by that so we can cook them later"

the majority understands and is in agreement...our amazing level 3 skiller...picks up the spinebeams I've cut....sells them...buys blood spindle...lights them literally 3 spaces away from a range...and starts cooking.

Their excuse? "My Firemaking is only 29, I can't light spinebeam."

Everyone else in the dungeon has 40+ firemaking...

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

I really need to find a good f2p dung team...

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I usually kick anyone that can't use everything tier 5, unless they prove to have good dg knowledge. 40+ really isn't hard for the average player... (also why I dislike w61)

I'd figure I should start up my f2p dg chat again. It was actually pretty nice back in the early days of dg, but we were only able to do meds since there is a lack of players in the chat itself.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Also it's better to bind a fire staff, eliminates the need to rc entirely.

I'm 5 levels away from fire blast or so, and wind blast + cat staff + blastbox is the equivalent of earth blast so I will stick with that in the meantime.

Fire staff + blast would be +10 damage at the exchange of -3 magic attack, so the difference isn't that much anyway.

Hit 50 Dg as well so I decided to bind a frac pick because there really isn't anything else useful I could bind (1/23/1 melee stats)

Also ran into Syzygy. I was almost able to do some c1s with him but he decided I didn't need them :mellow: Oh well, he seemed liked a nice guy.

Lol you guys must be really bored... blue-afro monks carrying lethal slings =s

And Impressionist, you could bind a tier 3 maul maybe?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

You guys are nuts...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

It's to celebrate Cyborg getting his 3rd bind.

Ahh. Then gratts Cy :D does he come on these forums?

Here's my pics of the tele scene (thanks Confuseds0ul and Pink for the outfit gift!):

[hide]Dragoonline.png

Dragoonlinewithnoob.png

Dragoonlinewithnoobjoins.png

DragoonV.png

Dragooncube.png

Dragooncross.png[/hide]

And I didn't know 108 dg noobs with a crapsword and a garbage shield would diss us right when we're having fun... though I admit it was pretty funny.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

And I didn't know 108 dg noobs with a crapsword and a garbage shield would diss us right when we're having fun... though I admit it was pretty funny.

2m5h204.gif

Sounds like the boy is miffed that no bootlicker worships his cape. :rolleyes: Poster child for the bad sort of elitist p2per. Had better not be Thief's friend. Feh.

Nice V formation.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Just got a corrupt dragon scimitar as a drop... wheeeeeeee

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Just a slight post but I do feel the need to rant.

WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE BOT THE MINING GUILD LOL.

Seriously coal isn't even good money, last time I checked... are they doing this just for the sake of annoying us?

May as well say the sole purpose of bots are to annoy us to death.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Who's up for another F2p Dunging amazement story?

I start fishing short-finned eels, and see a spine beam in the same room, lucky us right?

So I announce the group

"Ok, there's a spinebeam in the room to cook these one, please don't use low tier logs to cook this on"

I then notice a range in the room by the start room, so I say

"hey, there's a range here as well, i'm going to put the logs and fish by that so we can cook them later"

the majority understands and is in agreement...our amazing level 3 skiller...picks up the spinebeams I've cut....sells them...buys blood spindle...lights them literally 3 spaces away from a range...and starts cooking.

Their excuse? "My Firemaking is only 29, I can't light spinebeam."

Everyone else in the dungeon has 40+ firemaking...

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

I really need to find a good f2p dung team...

People like that..........................................

Boeg.png