The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

GAWD, just spent 5mins (no joke) looking at 3 noobs (one lvl 113) trying to do the coloured ferret room, was trying to see if they will ever learn anything about how they move. Turns out they only know how to scare it. =/

I actually have no idea either. >.< Can you please teach us the secrets of the colored ferret room?

Honestly, outside of the mercenary, this is clearly the most annoying puzzle ever.

are you serious? how the ferret will walk is common sense when you first approach it and i know how to solve it by the time they move to corner. it is just too obvious.

i also think that the explorer ring is not a glitch or bug, but they should at least inform us and tell us why, instead of us trying it after each week update.

I can sympathise with Sonikku, since admittedly I found it impossible to figure out the mechanics on the first few goes, resorting to looking it up on a guide instead >.<. I agree it's not intuitive.

Basically the ferret with move 2 paces in a line from the spot you are standing, trying to maintain a 2 spot gap between you. E.g if you stand right behind it south, it'll move 2 paces north (applies to diagonals too importantly- stand SE and it will move NW). A commentary video will explain it far better than me here.

You might want to have run off (if you are not pro) as I find it easier to position my self 1 block at a time. Generally (non pros) only 1 or 2 people should be in the room, otherwise they get in each others way which I've seen far too many times, confusing the poor ferret endlessly. You only scare the ferret when it is in a corner/dead end, and that makes in move in an unorthodox fashion. However if the ferret is stuck you could just stand on top of it and it will probably move back.

I also agree ferret room is the second most annoying simply because of the amount of time it takes for an average group to solve.

lnfernuus.png

I can sympathise with Sonikku, since admittedly I found it impossible to figure out the mechanics on the first few goes, resorting to looking it up on a guide instead >.<. I agree it's not intuitive.

Basically the ferret with move 2 paces in a line from the spot you are standing, trying to maintain a 2 spot gap between you. E.g if you stand right behind it south, it'll move 2 paces north (applies to diagonals too importantly- stand SE and it will move NW). A commentary video will explain it far better than me here.

You might want to have run off (if you are not pro) as I find it easier to position my self 1 block at a time. Generally (non pros) only 1 or 2 people should be in the room, otherwise they get in each others way which I've seen far too many times, confusing the poor ferret endlessly. You only scare the ferret when it is in a corner/dead end, and that makes in move in an unorthodox fashion. However if the ferret is stuck you could just stand on top of it and it will probably move back.

I also agree ferret room is the second most annoying simply because of the amount of time it takes for an average group to solve.

One person is enough to complete the coloured ferrets room. The rest of the team can always clear the other rooms/open doors meanwhile.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

One person is enough to complete the coloured ferrets room. The rest of the team can always clear the other rooms/open doors meanwhile.

Or, you can have all 4 of your teammates running around wildly scaring the ferrets in an attempt to perhaps get one on a pad. I hear that works.... I mean, it only took 10 minutes for them to stop doing what they were doing and let me finish the puzzle...but it worked....right? :wall:

Or, you can have all 4 of your teammates running around wildly scaring the ferrets in an attempt to perhaps get one on a pad. I hear that works.... I mean, it only took 10 minutes for them to stop doing what they were doing and let me finish the puzzle...but it worked....right? :wall:

Oh yeah x: How could I forget?

"Why can I not directly run away from the bank when the interface is open?"

That's getting changed. In the meanwhile, the minimap works in most situations. ~ Mod Ash

"Why can't we fill Coal Bags in the bank?"

There's never been a "Fill" option on coal bags. I think I'll be adding one, just so that the bank can offer it, since it's a pretty popular request. ~ Mod Ash

Farseers shield Note: The Knowledge Base incorrectly shows damage absorption values of 20% and 10%. This is being corrected to show the true values of 14% and 7%.
hahaha, ppl is furious on this.

and Pink, if i happen to be 'so lucky' i would love to try and see how many deaths before i manage to kill it and leave

Did a couple medium dungeons last night with some random noob. Floors 31 and 32, I think? First one had a members door about halfway through that blocked off 75% of the bonus doors (at least a third of the map couldn't be accessed). Got 13K XP for that. Next floor had 4 spots that couldn't be accessed, 18k XP for that.

It really helps speed things along when you have a lower level use magic to pick off guys in armour.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Did a couple medium dungeons last night with some random noob. Floors 31 and 32, I think? First one had a members door about halfway through that blocked off 75% of the bonus doors (at least a third of the map couldn't be accessed). Got 13K XP for that. Next floor had 4 spots that couldn't be accessed, 18k XP for that.

It really helps speed things along when you have a lower level use magic to pick off guys in armour.

Until the poor guy gets piled by a bunch of rangers/warriors at the same time. :/

ha, no I enter first and tank for him.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

ha, no I enter first and tank for him.

The monsters in Daemonheim don't always pile the first person to enter the room and stick to him until they're dead.

No, but I suppose if the first person's stance is set to defensive when the second person comes in, the second person could avoid being attacked entirely.

whats a good way to find some half decent dung teams in F2p.

I have a 42 combat F2p account with 58 dung...I've been soloing everything except the furnished floors because the bosses are too high level, and it's just....hell....in world 7.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

In my opinion, the monolith still holds the title for the most annoying F2P puzzle in Daemonheim.

-The coloured ferrets don't take that long for me; maybe just a little less, but at least they don't require combat and/or other people on a team to complete.

-The mazes can be done in a faster time, and are also passable without completing the entire thing.

-Mercenaries are fun, and while in some cases require less food than a monolith of the same difficulty, generally take less time to complete.

Luckily for me, I've only gotten the monolith once ever since my return to dungeoneering (90 to almost 92).

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

whats a good way to find some half decent dung teams in F2p.

I have a 42 combat F2p account with 58 dung...I've been soloing everything except the furnished floors because the bosses are too high level, and it's just....hell....in world 7.

I don't think you'll be able to find decent teams at those levels, sorry :(

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

figures, I probably know more than higher lvl f2p dungers too <_<

The last team I was on, we had Har'lak as our boss. Everyone died twice on him except me, because they kept running under old flame portals to avoid the new one he spawned on them. They were then confused, and were on the verge of blaming "that noob who isn't helping" (I was in the boss room the entire time maging him)

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

figures, I probably know more than higher lvl f2p dungers too <_<

The last team I was on, we had Har'lak as our boss. Everyone died twice on him except me, because they kept running under old flame portals to avoid the new one he spawned on them. They were then confused, and were on the verge of blaming "that noob who isn't helping" (I was in the boss room the entire time maging him)

That's why I don't use w7 anymore, people don't know crap about dungeon mechanics.

May I ask, what's your f2p account name? That might probably help knowing about your stats and stuff. Ability to use all t5 items + 70 dg is pretty much mandatory.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

his name is eriginart

I can only use and make tier 4 stuff...but I can cut, fish and cook tier 5.

I never ask for armor/food from others, heck, I usually end up shoving food into other people trying to keep them from dying....

35 melees

35 range

30 mage

30 Runecrafting (with blast box)

35 mining

41 smithing

41 crafting

51 fishing

51 cooking

52 woodcutting

46 firemaking

58 dungeoneering

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

You could try W61. The few times I've been there, there wasn't enough lvl 3's so I took some level ~50's. They helped more then most skillers who usually afk and as long as the average level is under 90, you still get full exp.

Yeah I never really get why people choose level 3's, when pures of about level 50 not only achieve the effect, but can actually help out the dungeon.

@ Sir Izenhime: Yeah you definitely want 40+ all at the very least... also look into increasing your mage so you can GGS tele.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog