The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

[spoiler=<-- hides his long posts cuz he doesn't like taking up lots o' space]

dungxp.png

Wohoo 67 dung :)

jkyouknowibuymyexplolol.png

:( :( :( *SCREAMS*

---

For me it takes around an hour or so with W7 randoms. For some reason, whenever I'm on now, most of the Dragoon clanmates are off...

Gah Sonic, what do you mean "for some reason"? You should know, obvious time difference is obvious. When you're playing at 6 in the evening, we're all sound asleep over here at 4 in the morning. Can't testify for our European friends, though. : \

e.e

Or if you already knew that, tell me what other reason could exist

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Pink, it's the holidays for us right now (China's October break), and I'm assuming you guys are busy with school stuff. So maybe that's why? :unsure:

Actually this is kind of a good thing for me. W7 people are actually quite underrated for dungeoneering, it's just that there are so many people now, so it might be worse for others. The key is to make sure everybody is doing at least something, clearing out rooms being the primary objective. However, luck can get thrown in there too... a monolith early in the dungeon can make your whole team ragequit. It has happened to me numerous times...

I feel like teaming every floor now. Also I need to find myself a new vpn, my current one is broken again... now it keeps using my local IP, not the vpn IP, for whatever reasons unknown (server bandwith issues? if so they really must suck).

Once I get 85 dunge, and buy the stuff I want (tome of frost, arcane blast, blast box, scroll of efficiency), I'm going to quit dungeoneering for a while, and work on my other skills. Combat being the primary focus, I need those levels to actually help my team kill stuff faster. Also 70+ all skills, what I want to work on as well.

100 dungeoneering is my long term goal. That way, I can finally get 3 bound items! My wishlist of fractite spear, spinebeam longbow and fire staff would be complete! :thumbsup: But too bad we can only have 1 ammo slot... forces me to bind fractite arrows basically. I want bound deaths/laws too :(

To everyone else, good luck with their f2p journeys! Whether it's dungeoneering, getting a skill to 99, or getting a statuette drop in PvP.

(Phew, long post today! I just felt like saying a lot of stuff, lol. :P )

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Sucks being mid-low leveled (57), cant get in to any good dg teams :S World 7 is killing me, a large dung takes 2hours+...

For me it takes around an hour or so with W7 randoms. For some reason, whenever I'm on now, most of the Dragoon clanmates are off...

An alternative is to continue doing your "leecher" tactic. That 33k exp... I have never gotten that high doing normal dungeons. If you can do those dungeons efficiently, then you can definitely gain some good exp.

My crap keying skills really puts me at a disadvantage with level 3 leecher dungeons... not to mention it's just a fail way to dunge for me.

That xp was the only time I have so far gotten in to a team in the fast dg chat hehe :P

lurifax.png

That's saying something, isn't it? Lol (I don't suppose that means you're going to DG with them more?)

Sonic, how long is your break? Over here, our next break is (for most of us, I think) Thanksgiving break toward the end of November, but I suppose we all have the H'ween Event to look forward to!

:lol:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Wohoo, got kicked right before boss fight in a f35 large, apparently because I didnt turn xp share on...

That's a super d-bag thing to do.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

:blink:

Wohoo, got kicked right before boss fight in a f35 large, apparently because I didnt turn xp share on...

Not turning xp share on, or kicking? :D

Why would they kick you for that? :mellow:

~Husky~

vikingsingature.png

ttfs.png

:blink:

Not turning xp share on, or kicking? :D

Why would they kick you for that? :mellow:

They were these random lvl 80-100s who thought dinos lower xp also. So I guess they imagined they get more dung xp or something...

lurifax.png

Theres really a simple explanation here.

1. People hate pures.

2. Pures have XP share off (generally).

3. Pures get kicked.

Believe me, i've been there (its a big reason why i quit dungeoneering).

Something like this probably :D

52k away from another g2h now :) (and 71 dung) :)

lurifax.png

Lol... people who even consider kicking are stupid.

1) 1 less person will make the dungeon much slower for the rest of the team.

2) Ever heard of mime rooms, switches, or monoliths? Or even guardian doors?

3) The person being kicked/ragequitted may have the skill level for a door the whole team can't do.

Also, dinos don't lower exp. In fact, they are actually beneficial to kill, because they drop valuable hides (especially the dromomastyx) and big bones which you can use on an altar. Not to mention it reduces the risks of monster limiting. Plus, they are extremely easy to kill, so there's no reason not to, really. (Unless it's dead end room.)

I find the best setup for dunge is 1 keyer, 3 killers/janitors, and 1 gathere (who can also help kill). Of course, everyone does bosses and the 5-man puzzle rooms.

Also unless you're a level 3 leecher, xp share should always be ON. There's no reason not to, really. Who doesn't like free xp? :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

"Dinos don't lower exp," obvious is obvious

And he's a pure, there are some things he'd rather not gain (such as weight).

Yes, I want to keep my defence at 30 and prayer at 1 hehe :P

Got a 36k dungeon, without any lvls 3s i was the lowest one (cb 58)

lurifax.png

For woodcutting, my preferred method is to wc maples at the new resource dungeon, and using ring of kinship to bank at Daemonheim.

I don't really know what to do with my maples though... I know I am going to use these for firemaking, but if fletching ever becomes f2p, I'm screwed. Basically means I need to cut even MORE trees. I'm too nitpicky with my cash, because I know there are better things for me to spend on (smithing, for example).

@ lovetofly: Who were the other 4 players? Is it like a team of pures or something?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

For woodcutting, my preferred method is to wc maples at the new resource dungeon, and using ring of kinship to bank at Daemonheim.

I don't really know what to do with my maples though... I know I am going to use these for firemaking, but if fletching ever becomes f2p, I'm screwed. Basically means I need to cut even MORE trees. I'm too nitpicky with my cash, because I know there are better things for me to spend on (smithing, for example).

@ lovetofly: Who were the other 4 players? Is it like a team of pures or something?

Fletching isn't coming F2P any time soon so you can just go ahead and burn those logs.

Is the gravite shortbow really worth 40K tokens?

I've considered buying one for FoG, but I can't decide whether I should stick to my maple shortbow or sacrifice my hard earned DG tokens.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

For FoG? No, don't get it for FoG. The hunted has virtually no defence at all at the center. You'll hit nearly everytime with a maple shortbow. The accuracy difference between the two bows won't be noticeable.

Speaking of FoG, I need to get new rune gauntlets because I lost mine. Has it changed much with the advent of Gravite weapons?

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Speaking of FoG, I need to get new rune gauntlets because I lost mine. Has it changed much with the advent of Gravite weapons?

Nah. Most people are still level 30s trying to get some free Magic XP. :shades:

no but 1 rune gauntlet = 1 rune set (both 170k ish)

the price is screwed up badddlyyyyy.

used to be 30k lol.

no but 1 rune gauntlet = 1 rune set (both 170k ish)

the price is screwed up badddlyyyyy.

used to be 30k lol.

Rune berserker shields were around 35K last summer.

I alched them for a nice profit whenever possible. :P

If you're DIYing your logs for firemaking, it's actually better to chop willows. Because you chop them so much faster, you end up getting faster firemaking experience AND faster woodcutting experience (especially if you burn on the spot instead of banking). And obviously since you burn them, the profit is the same either way, so seems like a no-brainer, right?