The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

The explorer ring 3 still does not produce extra runes dry.gif

Did they take away that function?

Most likely. Of course they have to take that one ability that makes completing the diaries worthwhile. <_<

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Most likely. Of course they have to take that one ability that makes completing the diaries worthwhile. <_<

*sigh*

the alchemy spells are only useful for camping moss giants, and even then you need to bring more casts. Superheat might be useful, but the bones to bananas reward is useless.

Powermining is like, 35k/hr? You'd have to value your time at around 1.1m/hr to powermine over banking at the resource dungeon, which is nearly impossible to make in F2P.

Yeah, it's not much of a difference but that 5k/hr adds up over the 13M Xp it takes to get 99.

It's still good Xp/hr, and, as I said before, excellent when you add the fact that you're banking ores while doing it.

Yeah, it really adds up fast. Powermining at 35k exp/h would take 350 hours from 70-99. Banking would take 410 hours. That's a difference of 60 hours, or 17%. I for one would not like to spend 17% more time on a skill that I really hate. Then again, power mining is also a fair bit more borring then banking so I'd have to test it to see if the speed was worth the price. The 350,000 ores it takes from 75-99 would equate to 78.75M which is a whole lot of money even for a person like me who has a lot already. With these values, it's closer to 1.3M gp/h that you'd have to make in order to have power mining be 'worth it' just in terms of getting a 99 as well as 80M. Of course, if you're planning on making money after 99 mining, you might as well mine rune which can make nearly that much. So I guess it's all up to personal preference; powermine and mine rune later, or just bank all your ores and sell them.

I like the calculations and it makes sense. Of course, your inputs must be valid in order for the output to make sense. The inputs here are the xp/hour for powermining and banking. The former...is easier to figure out an average that you can use for lvl 75-99. The latter....not so much. Someone extrapolated the figure 29.4k/hour based on one inventory. That, my friends, is just plain silly. That number is significantly lower b/c of competition. I don't think you can be at the spot in dwarven mines for too long without interruptions. In the long term, the xp/hour drops down to 22.5k/hour (tested).

For powermining, it averages more 41k/hour at hobgoblins mines at the 4 rocks on a bounty world. I have personally been there for 85-87 and this was the figure that I obtained.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Powermining is like, 35k/hr? You'd have to value your time at around 1.1m/hr to powermine over banking at the resource dungeon, which is nearly impossible to make in F2P.

Yeah, it's not much of a difference but that 5k/hr adds up over the 13M Xp it takes to get 99.

It's still good Xp/hr, and, as I said before, excellent when you add the fact that you're banking ores while doing it.

Yeah, it really adds up fast. Powermining at 35k exp/h would take 350 hours from 70-99. Banking would take 410 hours. That's a difference of 60 hours, or 17%. I for one would not like to spend 17% more time on a skill that I really hate. Then again, power mining is also a fair bit more borring then banking so I'd have to test it to see if the speed was worth the price. The 350,000 ores it takes from 75-99 would equate to 78.75M which is a whole lot of money even for a person like me who has a lot already. With these values, it's closer to 1.3M gp/h that you'd have to make in order to have power mining be 'worth it' just in terms of getting a 99 as well as 80M. Of course, if you're planning on making money after 99 mining, you might as well mine rune which can make nearly that much. So I guess it's all up to personal preference; powermine and mine rune later, or just bank all your ores and sell them.

I like the calculations and it makes sense. Of course, your inputs must be valid in order for the output to make sense. The inputs here are the xp/hour for powermining and banking. The former...is easier to figure out an average that you can use for lvl 75-99. The latter....not so much. Someone extrapolated the figure 29.4k/hour based on one inventory. That, my friends, is just plain silly. That number is significantly lower b/c of competition. I don't think you can be at the spot in dwarven mines for too long without interruptions. In the long term, the xp/hour drops down to 22.5k/hour (tested).

For powermining, it averages more 41k/hour at hobgoblins mines at the 4 rocks on a bounty world. I have personally been there for 85-87 and this was the figure that I obtained.

You're right of course, you can't properly calculate an average based up on one inventory. However, using the Hobgoblin mine has it's own, sometimes similar, problems. You can't depend on mining there for any length of time without being interrupted by either PK'ers or Revenants (at least I couldn't anyway, personal results tend to vary), and it's not the easiest spot to get to. Mining in Rimmington, Al-Kharid or the Dwarven Mine are much more common and give the 35k Xp/hr average quoted above.

Also, potential Xp gains are not always tempered by real world results. If (granted, in the Dwarven Mine that's a big IF) you could keep up the rate suggested, then 29-30k Xp/hr while banking the ore is potentially possible. It's just not very realistic.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

about the bones to bnannas im like 70% sure thats like 300k a hour cash in f2p so the casts = more profit

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

It got glitched when the Elite diaries were released. I thought it had been fixed with the last update, but after reading through the update notes it doesn't look like it's been fixed yet.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I feel that banking despite time/xp lost is a concern for everyone but what about the idea of mining for smithing has that old idea gone away from the all of us.

Not from all of us. I banked 72k iron and 144k coal to get from 70 something to about 97 mining and made tens of mils of profit making 72k steel bars. Now don't ask me how long that took, but I would have banked coal with my mining method anyway (as I ended up doing) since I've tried powermining before and I absolutely detest it. I enjoy the more leisurely pace of mining and banking coal in the guild, so I figured I might as well accompany it with mining iron and bring in a substantial amount of cash for myself. I'd say it was worth it - I'm finally about to knock out one of the most difficult/tedious 99s in F2P and have over 100m net worth to spend on other skills once I'm done.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

The real question is, why go for 99?

O.O

Why not? Why does anyone go for 99 in any skill?

I feel that banking despite time/xp lost is a concern for everyone but what about the idea of mining for smithing has that old idea gone away from the all of us.

Not from all of us. I banked 72k iron and 144k coal to get from 70 something to about 97 mining and made tens of mils of profit making 72k steel bars. Now don't ask me how long that took, but I would have banked coal with my mining method anyway (as I ended up doing) since I've tried powermining before and I absolutely detest it. I enjoy the more leisurely pace of mining and banking coal in the guild, so I figured I might as well accompany it with mining iron and bring in a substantial amount of cash for myself. I'd say it was worth it - I'm finally about to knock out one of the most difficult/tedious 99s in F2P and have over 100m net worth to spend on other skills once I'm done.

That is kinda my plan, but i'm not going to mine all the coal. Rather i'm going to smelt all the iron into bars (or 80% of it/whatever % jagex decides), and then turn that into iron plates (best profit/bar). For some reason they seem to sell on GE (last i checked anyway). Any thoughts? I can't imagine it would be worth all that extra time mining the coal for the steel.

Why not? Why does anyone go for 99 in any skill?

Generally for the cape, or because its a good money maker. (that or you genuinely consider it fun or whatever, which i doubt in minings case but hey each to his own).

Assuming your f2p, only one of these options exists, and that ends at 85 where the miniscule difference between powermining iron and banking iron will make little difference.

Especially considering you can sell the iron later when you bank it :)

------------------------------------

Lets forget about the validity of getting 99 mining for a second...

To get to 99 mining, you need what, 350k iron? Thats what, 80 mill when sold?

Now assuming you save 60 hours from 99 mining, you have to be able to make 1.3 mill an hour (good luck doing that in f2p), for it to be worth powermining, not to mention how annoying powermining is by comparison.

O.O

That is kinda my plan, but i'm not going to mine all the coal. Rather i'm going to smelt all the iron into bars (or 80% of it/whatever % jagex decides), and then turn that into iron plates (best profit/bar). For some reason they seem to sell on GE (last i checked anyway). Any thoughts? I can't imagine it would be worth all that extra time mining the coal for the steel.

You can superheat the iron ore for 100% success you know. Also in members, iron plates are used to make iron titans so of course they would sell.

In fact, that's what I plan on doing too. Combine that with a scroll of efficiency to make the method even better.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

You can superheat the iron ore for 100% success you know. Also in members, iron plates are used to make iron titans so of course they would sell.

In fact, that's what I plan on doing too. Combine that with a scroll of efficiency to make the method even better.

The only problem about that is that I couldn't make a profit (or even break even) doing superheat. Nature runes are at 200each, and iron plates are at 191 each. And iron plates take 5 bars, so that would be a 800gp loss per plate.

And i do not like dungeering, so i probably won't be getting the scroll anytime soon (even though it's only 20k tokens).

Try killing cockroach workers for your nats. They drop quite a decent amount of them.

And come on, who doesn't dunge these days? :P One day when you're skilled enough you can join us, lol.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Try killing cockroach workers for your nats. They drop quite a decent amount of them.

And come on, who doesn't dunge these days? :P One day when you're skilled enough you can join us, lol.

Got tons of nat, laws, and cosmic from Ice giants too. Great place to train at Ice cave if you are combat lvl 115 (no more bugger Ice warriors, but I hit those anyways)

a happy Runescaper

Powermining + Superheating, a good way to train Mining, Magic and a bit Smithing :shades:

Just powermine the iron near the resource dungeon, superheat it while you're mining and bank them.

80 gp less profit than without superheating, but it's worth the magic and smithing xp ;)

This was the first time I tried it, now I'm getting more xp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J_C9lMfWBg

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Powermining + Superheating, a good way to train Mining, Magic and a bit Smithing :shades:

Just powermine the iron near the resource dungeon, superheat it while you're mining and bank them.

80 gp less profit than without superheating, but it's worth the magic and smithing xp ;)

Are you superheating the iron or do you have a load of coal and make steel bars?

Are you superheating the iron or do you have a load of coal and make steel bars?

Just iron.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Just iron.

Interesting. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for the tip. :thumbup:

I prefer mining all the iron first, then sit at a bank and superheat it all. It's more efficient and less tedious.

And how's this for some hawt dungeoneering exp? <3:

DungoeneeringExp.png?t=1285160677

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

And how's this for some hawt dungeoneering exp? <3:

Lol... take out one of those players, add a level 3, and you'd miraculously have 53k instead. You'd probably finish in the same time as well... GF Jagex.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Lol... take out one of those players, add a level 3, and you'd miraculously have 53k instead. You'd probably finish in the same time as well... GF Jagex.

I was actually quite surprised with how our exp turned out. Steph and I were the only "regular" players while the other 3 were pures. :o

douvdFX.jpg

Blog