The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I think my ring is glitched... I was crafting earths and noticed it stopped giving me extra earths from the ring. Less xp per trip = fail. :thumbdown:

And don't bother sceptering body tiaras, you waste too much time getting all the parts. Besides, tiaras waste too much money to be worthwhile.

yes, i do notice sometime, it wont give extra runes, it will happen from times to times, but very rare. it is because of

since "10% chance of crafting an extra air, earth, fire or water rune for each essence you use."

i also not really recommand crafting body tiaras. as runecrafting is suppose to be an earning skill.

with earth glove, you get average 390 exp per run, earning some money on the way.

crafting body tiaras every run get 525 exp but lost a lot of money on the way, not yet to count on using the times to get all the scepter.

if without scepter, the distance to bank is still further then doing crafting earth. making it with glove is way better.

Ehh, when I say "glitch" I really DO mean "glitch".

I just went on 50+ trips and NONE of them gave me explorer ring runes.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Besides, tiaras waste too much money to be worthwhile.

Not to me :P (At least, when they're under 1K each)

That's some expensive XP... getting into prayer territories.

Was PvPing last night (actually, every night this week). Mostly goofing off, I was maging. Some level 86 was all ticked off that I was attacking him, "Would you fight a lvl 105?"

He ran with little food left, I lagged and someone else tried killing him (A level 84... splashes ftl). He got away.

Funny, because before I fought him I fought a level 104 and KO'd them.

Also, a while later a 107 had their r2h out and wouldn't leave me be. When he wouldn't leave me alone, I took out my g2h and started hitting back. I don't think he ate a single piece of food, and I went through half an inventory.

About halfway through the fight, he asked me if gravite was worth it, especially because I was splashing so much. Then he proceeded to tell me how awesome his r2h was, which was annoying. Not sure if he realized this or not, but he had 12 combat levels on me (guessing he had all stats equal at about 85). The reason I can't hit isn't because my g2h stinks, its because my stats stink versus a tank. Finally I KO'd him with a 298. Yeah, gravite is worth it - it allows me to hit 360. Thankfully he didn't know that.

All in all a good evening, I netted about 600k (come to think of it, maybe more).

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Finally I KO'd him with a 298. Yeah, gravite is worth it - it allows me to hit 360. Thankfully he didn't know that.

Hahahahahaha

As for my own RSing,I haven't been getting in much now that school has started. Just some dungeoneering and completing any new F2P updates.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

this had been bothered me for quite sometime, what would you choose between speed or damage?

if both weapon had a same stat, but 1 faster and 1 slower with higher damage(strength)

is a defence skill good? i see some member saying that defence skill is important in pvp.

is 2h is worth the shield slot?

and also what happen if miss a lot like what happen to sees_all1 ? just plain annoying.

is attack skill is not important after about 65 ?

which 1 is better?

high attack, low strength with high strength weapon

low attack, high strength with high attack(accurate) weapon

and almost all ppl fighting just wear full rune with scimmy, like the attack style and defence type of monster/creatures/human and etc not important.

i would like to see that f2p melee have more weapon to choose from, rather then just scimmy, battleaxe, 2h. maybe more 2-handed weapon like in dungeon

while ranger and mage is just normal bow and normal staff, nothing special. crossbow once are popular back in classic and even early days of RS2 (RS now)

more if i can think off after read your reply.

The problem is that F2P doesn't have a combat triangle, it has a combat line. If you wear full Rune, you're basically immortal.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The problem is that F2P doesn't have a combat triangle, it has a combat line. If you wear full Rune, you're basically immortal.

exactly. Mages need snare and wave spells. That would allow hits up to 220 or so (with arcane ammy) and 2 decent hits in between a snare. Right now, the only thing that beats full rune is another full runer.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Teleblock and maging in remote areas can do amazing things... I might take a video or post a guide on it later.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Thats not true at all.. look at my friends pk vid here from a while back.

I think Attack is always useful tbh, one 'build' per se that most people I encounter don't think of is high Attack and defence with Average strength

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Runecrafting water runes is the easiest way to make money and get decent exp with runecrafting gloves and its how i raised my runecrafting, which still isn't close enough but oh well. Crafting i was able to gain decent levels doing it through dungeoneering and just crafting protoleather boots after every run i did with all my left over money and the gear i sold.

Oh, the wonderful uses of that skill just keep multiplying :P

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

I am wondering how fast Dg exp is in F2p

What world are good for teams

and if you have useful tips for f2p dg , please tell me

Thanks

Go to world 1 or play with friends.

-----------------------------

On a different note.. big bones are now 751gp. We have reached the 50 gp/xp mark.

I could see myself maybe killing giants for 90 if I dedicated a year to it but otherwise don't think I'll ever get 99. Imo it won't be long before they are 1k each. At this point I don't think it is possible for anyone to get 99 without killing giants forever, having very strong knowledge of the ge, or mining runite all day everyday for a good long while.

I think it's still good to get 70+ combats. Not only is it a decent goal to go for, you'll need it for some of the best members gear (whip, barrows, sara sword, zammy spear).

Even if you're not going to go for these items it's still pretty darn useful to have decently high stats.

@ Kota: It's pretty much the same as members, except it's world 1, and there aren't official "elite" clans. And of course lowered exp with less bonus rooms.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Teleblock and maging in remote areas can do amazing things... I might take a video or post a guide on it later.

The problem is its ONLY good in remote areas, it costs alot, and you better hope your ass off that your opponent doesn't have a bow.

O.O

this had been bothered me for quite sometime, what would you choose between speed or damage?

if both weapon had a same stat, but 1 faster and 1 slower with higher damage(strength)

is a defence skill good? i see some member saying that defence skill is important in pvp.

is 2h is worth the shield slot?

and also what happen if miss a lot like what happen to sees_all1 ? just plain annoying.

is attack skill is not important after about 65 ?

which 1 is better?

high attack, low strength with high strength weapon

low attack, high strength with high attack(accurate) weapon

and almost all ppl fighting just wear full rune with scimmy, like the attack style and defence type of monster/creatures/human and etc not important.

i would like to see that f2p melee have more weapon to choose from, rather then just scimmy, battleaxe, 2h. maybe more 2-handed weapon like in dungeon

while ranger and mage is just normal bow and normal staff, nothing special. crossbow once are popular back in classic and even early days of RS2 (RS now)

more if i can think off after read your reply.

for the speed v damage thing

say we have 2 weapons. thay both have the Same damage per a second (dps).

difrence, one is faster but weaker and hits less often.

whitch one wins? the faster one.

when pking, hitting high too try and get KO's can be efective, but thats more of a specal situation.

the thing you have to note is, in runescape, the faster weapon wins. becouse thay simply have a higher dps. so thats 2 in favor for the faster weapon.

in member pking, defence is inportent as to avoid getting pjed. in f2p pking, defence is just as inportent but for difrent resons, pjing is less of a problem so simply takeing less damage in the fight is usefull.

when pvping (pvp and pk are very difrent) defence is vital. plain and simple really.

2h is worth the shield slot when going for ko's in pking. otherwise try to keep a shield.

after 65 attack, training it can be usefull, but not vital.

high attack, low strength with high strength weapon: tbh the only f2p weapon like that is the 2h, so no.

low attack, high strength with high attack(accurate) weapon: all hail the over powered scimy :thumbdown:

full rune + scimy simply is the best, even with full rune a mage can have trubble hitting you if the full rune guy has a few mage levels. and there is no reson as to why he wont just swap his boddy for a gren d hide one, officaly makeing the mage doomed.

the only togh monster a f2p will ever fight are revs, and other players. anything else, it wont matter if your useing crush, stab or slash. so why not use the one with the highest dps.

and last of all, f2p dont need more weapons, just equal weapon.

well, its evective the same thing for mage, give em more spells.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

i seen ppl pk when they keep miss then 2 lucky strike and catch the other off guard and dead

ranger is extremely weak at low lvl but it start pwn at high lvl, so they cant give anything before think thoroughly

jagex know f2p mage need higher damage, but they cant give us wave spell because of blood rune. blood rune is overkill.

so they give us increased damage equipment, shield slot equipment , magical box to give mage more slot for food, druidic robe for more effective bind.

but at the end, it is still inferior to higher level spell.

because of this we are stuck to combat line (thats right, not triangle)

If you look at FOG, you'll find that more people there use mage. And no, i don't mean the level 25's training their magic for free, i mean people around level 60-80.

yeah...that's because it hunted's levels are extremely low....and mage hits through armor and dhide as if it wasnt there.

100% F2P

anim7.png

yeah...that's because it hunted's levels are extremely low....and mage hits through armor and dhide as if it wasnt there.

You can use melee/ranged and expect the same results as magic, only it's faster because both are more DPS than magic.

Face it, people go FOG purely for training magic on those low level magic pures, including myself. :thumbup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Racked up the kills this weekend in PVP/BH. Didn't sell loot in my bank until it became full - 2.1M. Take out the cost of food and potions, and that makes about 1.6M in profit. I'm thinking about writing a guide to F2P pking, anyone interested?

If I do that, I'll have to start getting pictures of my kills. :mrgreen:

♪♪ And I'm not done

i would love to. i may have play for 10 years, see thing changed, good vs monster, but pking is 1 of the thing i almost never try.

maybe because of scared of losing thing because of inexperience vs player and most importantly slow response time because of fastest ping on pvp world is 210

i maybe need some guidance to help me prepared for all possible thing that can happen.

I am also very scared of pvp. It seems like I can never hit accurately. And ppl with 70 def, 99 str, 80 atk hit through my armor like it wasnt there....

I only use low level pures for my monthly pvp satisfaction.

100% F2P

anim7.png