The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Do I really need to emphasize how awful skiller dungeoneering is?

First off, since he's only level 3 and can't even kill a level 1 monster in dungeoneering, he just sits there. Doing nothing. Hooray.

Second, you may argue that skillers are useful for doing skills that you can't. Well you're just contradicting yourself because:

- in free play it's much more likely to find someone who can do everything in a dungeon (excluding skill door/puzzles) than in members. And most likely these people will be the common average player (like me). Come on, is it THAT hard to get 60+ or even 40+ all?

- if you wish to skill in a dungeon AT ALL, you're just kidding yourselves. Not only does it waste time when you could be contributing to finishing off the dungeon, but armor is pretty much useless in free play. No lie. I've teamed EVERY boss without armor and I survived against all of them at least once.

- most skillers will have very bad skill levels compared to most of us free players here. Please, name one skiller, JUST one, that has 65 rc and the ability to make all tier 5 stuff.

Third, do skillers really reduce the difficulty of the dungeon? With one person "out sick", or as we call it, leeching, that makes up for the easier monsters. Since he can't do monsters at all, it would be impractical for him to help out with the boss.

Finally, because most skillers only have 100 LP, skill doors and puzzles are the bane of skillers. One mistake when doing puzzles = death. Literally. And most skillers will be AFK so it would be really hard for them to get them to do mime/switch. Lack of groupstone/gatestone is also a fail.

So, think twice before you think skiller dungeoneering is any good. Or any "fun". (No, extra experience does NOT count.)

If you really wish to dungeon effectively, join some clan chats! Steph's clan is an excellent place for this.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

What if you have really good stats already? and dont need the skiller for his "skills".

That is my point - you can replace the "skillers" with players with really good stats, so they can actually contribute to the dungeon.

Skillers are fail. PERIOD.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

What if you have really good stats already? and dont need the skiller for his "skills".

They could help the killers with their skills making food, runes and armour. Apart from that they help the killers by lowering the monsters levels and gaining experience in non-combat stats. They are more useful than other players with cb like 90 or lower who don't really help the team killing things. Even without the experience nerf I would like to have 1 skiller in my team.

[404] Signature not found.

They could help the killers with their skills making food, runes and armour. Apart from that they help the killers by lowering the monsters levels and gaining experience in non-combat stats. They are more useful than other players with cb like 90 or lower who don't really help the team killing things. Even without the experience nerf I would like to have 1 skiller in my team.

Amen. I always used to solo, and the xp was pathetic. Then I started doing floors with high-leveled friends, but the high-leveled monsters were getting to be a pain. Then I realized there's an alternative: go with some skillers. A party consisting of two people with combat and three skillers has always yielded great xp for me. I frankly don't care one bit if all the skillers sit their butts at home and do absolutely nothing, because their very presence lowers the average combat of monsters in that raid. Let them be leechers. What's it to me? It's their decision and everybody who plays wins. How do you think all the best nonmembers get their experience so quickly? They raid with skillers. Always. It's proven to be the best and most efficient method of racking up xp in Dungeoneering. If that's a fact people find unfair, I kindly suggest they take it up with Jagex for forcing us to resort to methods like this to circumvent their infantile logic.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Amen. I always used to solo, and the xp was pathetic. Then I started doing floors with high-leveled friends, but the high-leveled monsters were getting to be a pain. Then I realized there's an alternative: go with some skillers. A party consisting of two people with combat and three skillers has always yielded great xp for me. I frankly don't care one bit if all the skillers sit their butts at home and do absolutely nothing, because their very presence lowers the average combat of monsters in that raid. Let them be leechers. What's it to me? It's their decision and everybody who plays wins. How do you think all the best nonmembers get their experience so quickly? They raid with skillers. Always. It's proven to be the best and most efficient method of racking up xp in Dungeoneering. If that's a fact people find unfair, I kindly suggest they take it up with Jagex for forcing us to resort to methods like this to circumvent their infantile logic.

A lot of good people play only in world 1 like tezaki1.

You don't need armour in F2P Dungeoneering, the only thing Skillers can actually do is just cooking food... which everyone can do.

They aren't needed for raiding a floor, only to make the avarage combat level lower and giving more xp.

I guess everyone has already been thinking of multiple logging to get more xp, and it's ridiculous it gives an advantage at all.

But well, what's the difference between multi log and being in a team with a skiller that doesn't do anything?

It's equal to me :mellow:.

Whatever, if you train with skillers or with another account, I don't like both ways.

It's both abuse of the system in my eyes <_<.

But well, Jagex makes breaking Rules more and more attractive, with less punishment.

In the past, the biggest group of bots were level 3's, now I see even 100+ using bots to train easy skills like Firemaking :o.

I'll stop training Dungeoneering until Jagex changes something to the xp.

If friends need me for a party, I'll still be there ;)

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

You don't even need the skiller to be in the dungeon the entire time. If you duo with a skiller, he/she just needs to be under your team (not leader), you start the dungeon, even if they leave immediately, the dungeon is still a 2:2 with average cmb lvl of less than 90. That can totally be abused....Talk about paying lvl 3's 10k to do that for you. You could totally have something like w16 airs, where skillers join you and leave and gain 10k/15min.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

You don't even need the skiller to be in the dungeon the entire time. If you duo with a skiller, he/she just needs to be under your team (not leader), you start the dungeon, even if they leave immediately, the dungeon is still a 2:2 with average cmb lvl of less than 90. That can totally be abused....Talk about paying lvl 3's 10k to do that for you. You could totally have something like w16 airs, where skillers join you and leave and gain 10k/15min.

No, you won't get the exp advantage if the skiller isn't in your team at the end of the floor.

[404] Signature not found.

No, you won't get the exp advantage if the skiller isn't in your team at the end of the floor.

Also, you'd be screwed if you got the emote/levers room.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

A lot of good people play only in world 1 like tezaki1.

Exactly. I've met her sometimes on Steph's clannie, and she along with the other members are really good at floor raiding. I think they're also against the idea of skillers in the dungeon too. We're just the fundom clan. :thumbsup:

(I wish I can return back to it though. ;_; )

Really guys, with good and reliable team members that knows the mechanics of EVERY boss, clan chatting your dungeons is just as good as skiller dungeoneering (and undoubtedly more fun). Stop trying to take the "efficient" route when you are not only wasting your time, but breaking runescape rules. :shame:

The exception to this is soloing, but solo smalls only take minutes anyway.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

What do you guys think the hard diarys objectives consist of?

Although it's somewhat irrelevant, I doubt the hard Lumbridge/Draynor diary will be available for free players. F2P doesn't really have much content that requires a level of 60 and above. Not to mention 90+ (elite diary) we only have Smithing.

Although it's somewhat irrelevant, I doubt the hard Lumbridge/Draynor diary will be available for free players. F2P doesn't really have much content that requires a level of 60 and above. Not to mention 90+ (elite diary) we only have Smithing.

Quote from the rs forum from Mod Maz:

"Vornollo: will the Explorer Ring from the Lumbridge & Draynor Diary have an elite version too? and will it be able to complete as a F2P player?

Answer: Lumbridge is unlikely to have an elite tier. Mainly as there isn't that much to do in Lumbridge which is that high level. Yes, the hard level we are introducing is F2P like the rest of the Lumbridge Diary. "

?198,199,9,61623420"]Link

"Vornollo: will the Explorer Ring from the Lumbridge & Draynor Diary have an elite version too? and will it be able to complete as a F2P player?

Answer: Lumbridge is unlikely to have an elite tier. Mainly as there isn't that much to do in Lumbridge which is that high level. Yes, the hard level we are introducing is F2P like the rest of the Lumbridge Diary. "

Link doesn't work. :cry: QFC pls?

EDIT: Found it. :P

Thanks for posting the fixed link?

O.O

Oh I see.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Thanks for posting the fixed link?

?198,199,9,61623420,goto,1"]Link It's in the fiirst post.

Well at least we're getting a hard Lumbridge Achievement Diary.

Another "to do" thing for free play. :)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Mmm. I wonder if we'll get an explorer's ring (4) or just added a new feature to the current ring. (like the Ardougne cloak gets an unlimited teleport feature)

Either way, I hope we'll get more than just 30 free casts of High Level Alchemy a day.

Mmm. I wonder if we'll get an explorer's ring (4) or just added a new feature to the current ring. (like the Ardougne cloak gets an unlimited teleport feature)

Either way, I hope we'll get more than just 30 free casts of High Level Alchemy a day.

I hope we get an extra run charge... That'll be worth more to me than the alchs.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪