The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Btw, anyone notice that when you try to dung with skillers, if the skiller is leader, then you don't get double xp? You have to have the cmb'er be leader for that exploit to work.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Btw, anyone notice that when you try to dung with skillers, if the skiller is leader, then you don't get double xp? You have to have the cmb'er be leader for that exploit to work.

That's why I always suggest against dunging with skillers - too much hassle and complication involved.

Jagex really, really needs to fix the skiller problem. So we're getting MORE exp with 1 or more (or 4, in the case of top f2pers) leeching in the main room doing nothing?

This basically defeats the purpose of what dungeoneering is really for. I plead you Jagex, nerf the experience for all f2pers.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

That's why I always suggest against dunging with skillers - too much hassle and complication involved.

Jagex really, really needs to fix the skiller problem. So we're getting MORE exp with 1 or more (or 4, in the case of top f2pers) leeching in the main room doing nothing?

This basically defeats the purpose of what dungeoneering is really for. I plead you Jagex, nerf the experience for all f2pers.

The thing is, for me, the "hassle" is well worth the reward of hacking through monsters like they were butter while almost doubling the xp for myself

Well guess what? They won't and they've made that pretty clear. They only care about the money...

Sonic was talking about reducing the xp for ALL f2p. Jagex has only said that they won't remove the 50% xp reduction for 90+. With what sonic is saying, it will lessen the reliance of skillers.

100% F2P

anim7.png

Well guess what? They won't and they've made that pretty clear. They only care about the money...

Sonic was talking about reducing the xp for ALL f2p. Jagex has only said that they won't remove the 50% xp reduction for 90+. With what sonic is saying, it will lessen the reliance of skillers.

Yes, it was posted before, but I'll repost it because I liked the authors opinion on the matter:

Move construction to complexity 4.

Limit free to play to complexity 3.

Done.

This:

Removes members doors in f2p

Gives all players a -40%(forget actual figure) nerf on exp - replacing the exp cap for 90+.

I'd also like the question emilie's (and Jagex's) stance on high free to play hitting harder than the f2p monster level cap. I'll tell you, a team of 5:5 97-119 combat facing celestial forgotton mage's or Primal warrior + Megaleather archer in the same room is not easy.

1yrb49.jpg

Yes, it was posted before, but I'll repost it because I liked the authors opinion on the matter:

Move construction to complexity 4.

Limit free to play to complexity 3.

Done.

This:

Removes members doors in f2p

Gives all players a -40%(forget actual figure) nerf on exp - replacing the exp cap for 90+.

I'd also like the question emilie's (and Jagex's) stance on high free to play hitting harder than the f2p monster level cap. I'll tell you, a team of 5:5 97-119 combat facing celestial forgotton mage's or Primal warrior + Megaleather archer in the same room is not easy.

Wait, wouldn't that reduce both prestige and base xp ? We also would get no bonus rooms on c3. You are just stacking up negative bonuses with that approach.

100% F2P

anim7.png

chaotic is a different animal.

For gravite, it is just not worth it. Only the 2h is a real reward. The kicker...is the baxe speed.

Have you tested the xp per hour on spiders yet?

I have tested rapier. It comes out to about the same as scimmy. Of course, the difference is so close that I cant conclude anything.

I have not tested the 2h on spiders. Loss of the kiteshield is hard on the food.

100% F2P

anim7.png

chaotic is a different animal.

For gravite, it is just not worth it. Only the 2h is a real reward. The kicker...is the baxe speed.

Have you tested the xp per hour on spiders yet?

I have tested rapier. It comes out to about the same as scimmy. Of course, the difference is so close that I cant conclude anything.

I have not tested the 2h on spiders. Loss of the kiteshield is hard on the food.

100% F2P

anim7.png

Guide to F2P dungeoneering

Step 1 - Find a friend, brother or sister. Ask them to create an account.

Step 2 - Have them AFK while you dung and gain 2x the normal experience.

Step 3 - ...

Step 4 - Profit.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Not gonna lie... iv heavily considered logging into my noob account on my laptop and would have let him sit there while i completed dungeon on my other computer

Isn't that breaking rule 4?

Yes, it's against the multiple log in rule. -And yet people do it. <_<

Can't blame them though, the XP cap's truthfully such a ridiculous and hasty solution.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Not gonna lie... iv heavily considered logging into my noob account on my laptop and would have let him sit there while i completed dungeon on my other computer

I have done that. Its just like soloing but I get the full xp I am entitled to.

Judge me however u like.. I don't care. ;)

how much do you get on average on a duo small and duo med?

100% F2P

anim7.png

how much do you get on average on a duo small and duo med?

Well my second account still has a low level so I can only do a few floors with it but generally I can get 5k on a small and 10k on a med. ( Numbers might be a little off I havent trained dungeon for a month).

C'mon guys. You know we're not allowed to discuss how to break the rules of the game. :shame:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

C'mon guys. You know we're not allowed to discuss how to break the rules of the game. :shame:

Ordinarily, I'd agree. But with this sort of injustice to our people....

100% F2P

anim7.png

As a dedicated rule follower and former Player mod I would normally be against you.. .But jagex has gone too far... They are punishing those who have played this game for some time to get their f2p combat over 90+... If you were somehow getting more xp than somoene level 90 or below it would be different... the only difference here is your combat level causing you to get less xp which is total BS.

Donate to S_U__O__M_I !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can also find another F2P friend on Runescape. Make a Lvl 3 Account, and trade your time. They get 30 minutes of your AFK time, you get 30 minutes of their AFK time. You both get the same experience as 60 minutes of solo dungeoneering (plus experience and tokens on a future account?).

30 minutes of concentration + 30 minutes of AFK is less effort than 60 minutes of soloing.

It doesn't have to be a skiller either - you can train your pure (so long as your level and theirs averages less than 90).

The possibilities are limitless, you don't have to break the rules.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪