The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

So recently I've finally given in to the better xp with "skillers" on World 61.

But is it worth it? A lot of them say they need more people in the "Fast dg" community and "it gets worse every day", but I get treated like absolute dirt all the time. A majority of the skillers have no respect for us and AFK for the longest times... And it's not just the skillers. In fact, most of them are nice compared to many of the combatters with higher leveled dungeoneering. I won't mention names here, but I've never met someone as arrogant, rude, and disrespectful as this one person I met in this clan chat these past few days. I find it utterly shocking that people actually respect this person at any level. I think it's safe to say that this IS the most unwelcome community I've ever had the pleasure to set foot in.

Maybe it's always the best to train with friends, regardless of the reduced experience rates. Besides, I'm sure this isn't the way to play Jagex intended it to be. So I'm really rethinking it. Any experiences you guys would like to share? I know some of you use it. A good portion of these kids I've met already are not people I'd ever want to talk to in my life. Maybe they've just no-lifed so much now that they longer care?

Some people are nice and friendly, though.

What are your opinions?

When Jagex gives the power to noobs, you could have suspected this.

I never really liked level 3 skillers, they always talk about mains, think they are better, and now they are even wanted.

Their "skill" skills are always lower than mines/ours, and still they think they are better because they are lvl 3.

Well, cutting yews or running from a bank to a furnace doesn't look any harder at lvl 3 <_<.

Maybe we should make a rant on the official RS Forums, and ask all our friends to support? :thumbsup:

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

But is it worth it? A lot of them say they need more people in the "Fast dg" community and "it gets worse every day", but I get treated like absolute dirt all the time. A majority of the skillers have no respect for us and AFK for the longest times... And it's not just the skillers. In fact, most of them are nice compared to many of the combatters with higher leveled dungeoneering. I won't mention names here, but I've never met someone as arrogant, rude, and disrespectful as this one person I met in this clan chat these past few days. I find it utterly shocking that people actually respect this person at any level. I think it's safe to say that this IS the most unwelcome community I've ever had the pleasure to set foot in.

Maybe it's always the best to train with friends, regardless of the reduced experience rates. Besides, I'm sure this isn't the way to play Jagex intended it to be. So I'm really rethinking it. Any experiences you guys would like to share? I know some of you use it. A good portion of these kids I've met already are not people I'd ever want to talk to in my life. Maybe they've just no-lifed so much now that they longer care?

What are your opinions?

Well, the few times I have been on the world I've met a few nice skillers.

Those skillers that I add I'll continue to dungeoneer with and if they aren't on then I'll just train with friends like I normally do.

Personally I like slower exp than waiting for faster exp.

Animorph_2.png

What are your opinions?

When Jagex gives the power to noobs, you could have suspected this.

I never really liked level 3 skillers, they always talk about mains, think they are better, and now they are even wanted.

Their "skill" skills are always lower than mines/ours, and still they think they are better because they are lvl 3.

Well, cutting yews or running from a bank to a furnace doesn't look any harder at lvl 3 <_<.

Maybe we should make a rant on the official RS Forums, and ask all our friends to support? :thumbsup:

And THAT is why I've quit training Dungeoneering. -_-

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

I agree with you guys this is really frustrating to me. Pretty much every skiller I have ever met is a complete jerk. Like someone is saying they have worse skills and still act like they are better cause of 3cb. I tried dung in w61 I am treated like trash by everyone there skillers and their no life counterparts ( not stereotyping saying all high cb people are no lifes, but just because you have a hoard of skillers at your command and play 20 hours a day doesn't make you any better of a person). That being said I much prefer playing with friends or if none are online playing in world 1. At least in world 1 everyone contributes to the dungeon and most don't have the "i'm better than you" attitude. I really think jagex should fix needing skillers to get fast xp because they don't do anything and it takes away from the fun knowing you need to "team" with a bunch of asshats to get the best xp rate.

edit: Off topic but I was wondering if anyone has info about the player galaxyg. My friend told me that he/she mined all of his/her ores for 99 smithing and wasone of the highest cb levels in classic. I was wondering where galaxy could have trained because apparently s/he quit before stronghold came out and it doesn't look like s/he has the prayer level to have trained exclusively at ice giants...just curious I think its really cool to have been that good so long ago. I'm really interested in old school training methods and such, just to see how the game has evolved.

EXACTLY!

The only skill thats any more respectable on a level 3 than a main is slayer, and maybe those extreme skills like herblore because money is easier to make as a main.

Everything else can pretty much be done on a level 3 as easily as a level 100, yet for some reason the level 3 considers themselves superior.

O.O

If the occult floors turn out to be members only, I hope they'll remove the XP cap. ._.

ya, but not hope is they better be.

sonic also once tried not to gain a str lvl because of scared of increase cb lvl. i also trying to maintain my cb lvl below 90.

i hope there will be at least 1 or 2 new reward to exchange for. currently f2p rewards is not useful,

like coal bag become total worthless because of the new resource dungeon.

gravite bow is also 1 of the useless reward, unless it can fire rune arrow in f2p then it is different case.

If the occult floors turn out to be members only, I hope they'll remove the XP cap. ._.

sonic also once tried not to gain a str lvl because of scared of increase cb lvl. i also trying to maintain my cb lvl below 90.

i hope there will be at least 1 or 2 new reward to exchange for. currently f2p rewards is not useful,

gravite bow is also 1 of the useless reward, unless it can fire rune arrow in f2p then it is different case.

I don't think they'll remove the cap, because skillers would be totaly ignored then.

But well, Dungeoneering is a combat skill, only Jagex doesn't want to say it <_<.

The 8 new rewards are probably also for members, and the F2P rewards aren't as good as I thought.

Tome of Frost gives a nice magic bonus, but I never use water runes (except for binds and Falador tele).

I'dd better just buy the water runes than that book...

Gravite is just cheap Corrupt Dragon, the 2h is very good for pkers :-)

I guess Jagex wont ever make a weapon better to train with than the good old rune scimi...

I don't think they'll remove the cap, because skillers would be totaly ignored then.

But well, Dungeoneering is a combat skill, only Jagex doesn't want to say it <_<.

I don't see any problem with that. Dungeoneering was supposed to be a "prestige skill," which I would think means you are meant to level it after you've already leveled everything else a lot, including combat.

Seriously, wtf, I just partied with a level 3, all levels 1s except 10 hp, 5 wc, 63 mining and 84 dungeoneering. That is some very disturbing free-loading there.

greenmelf.png

I don't see any problem with that. Dungeoneering was supposed to be a "prestige skill," which I would think means you are meant to level it after you've already leveled everything else a lot, including combat.

Seriously, wtf, I just partied with a level 3, all levels 1s except 10 hp, 5 wc, 63 mining and 84 dungeoneering. That is some very disturbing free-loading there.

Yeps, those skillers are parasites... and unfortunately wanted :angry:.

Yeps, those skillers are parasites... and unfortunately wanted :angry:.

It's like our punishment for being f2p, they give us dungeoneering, yet purposefully make it annoying and painful as .... to play to make us want p2p.

Except it doesn't make me want p2p, it just makes me respect for Jagex less for the extremely poor design and their not caring at all.

greenmelf.png

Its kinda sad to see that many f2p players are restricted not to train their combat (yes I know no-one forces them but still) because of the cap. It shows to me how little jagex cares about f2p players compared to p2p, after all the cap was made because of p2p players leveling dungeoneering in f2p. I've been training dungeoneering in f2p for the past week and noticed how bad the skill really is for f2p.

First, the exp is bad if you go over the cap (I don't have experience what' it like if youre under) and the exp sucks even more if run into dozen of p2p doors on your way. (Most of the time missing over half of the dungeon) Then the missing ability to make bows, arrows or staves, yes I know it has been pointed out many times but I just realized myself how all these little things effect this pretty decent skill turning it worse. Yes it is a bit of a question of attitude, you can like the skill how it is but I feel that fixing these kind of things wouldn't definetly be too much to ask before jagex rushes and starts creating all those new shiny trinkets for p2p.

That's just how I think about f2p dungeoneering. :P

(btw, I gave up training with level3 skillers because 90% of them had lower skills than me and just afked most of the time and it didn't even speed up things that much. :rolleyes: )

Sephy.png

First of all, I'm in a rush so please don't bother whining about my grammatical/spelling errors. >:0

To bring up a new topic, how do you react when somebody (Most likely a P2Per) claim that you "Can't afford membership" (Usually said with a few lol's and/or rofl's at the end of the sentence)?

I tend to get annoyed because it shows how stupid they are. Just because I am a free player doesn't mean that I can't afford membership. People seem to forget that electricity isn't free, so how come I can play RS for [way too many] hours a day but "not" pay $6 for one month's membership? >_>

Just want to hear your opinions.

I ignore them. There is no point in arguing with those kind of people.

I'm a PTPer but sometimes I play FOG in a FTP world. When I do so I always wear leather boots because I've always liked to wear those boots in FTP. Once, while waiting in the FOG lobby, somebody started following me and asked me what I was doing in a FTP world because I'm level 107 (or 116 with Summoning). I said that I was indeed a PTPer but she wouldn't believe me because I wore leather boots and said that I was too poor to be a PTPer... made no sense at all. Lol

First of all, I'm in a rush so please don't bother whining about my grammatical/spelling errors. >:0

To bring up a new topic, how do you react when somebody (Most likely a P2Per) claim that you "Can't afford membership" (Usually said with a few lol's and/or rofl's at the end of the sentence)?

I tend to get annoyed because it shows how stupid they are. Just because I am a free player doesn't mean that I can't afford membership. People seem to forget that electricity isn't free, so how come I can play RS for [way too many] hours a day but "not" pay $6 for one month's membership? >_>

This usually means they believe you are a 10 year old kid. Plenty of kids have $6, but they can't pay because they do not have a credit card.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

This usually means they believe you are a 10 year old kid. Plenty of kids have $6, but they can't pay because they do not have a credit card.

Wait, what? Is that what people think of me? :blink: Oh god, what has RS become...

Well, unfortunately if you are over the age of 16 or so, you can get a Credit Card. Most adults can afford 20 cents a day. Typically, however, this is true that people who make a case of having tons of money and whatnot but can't buy membership is because they do not have access to a credit card.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

edit: Off topic but I was wondering if anyone has info about the player galaxyg. My friend told me that he/she mined all of his/her ores for 99 smithing and wasone of the highest cb levels in classic. I was wondering where galaxy could have trained because apparently s/he quit before stronghold came out and it doesn't look like s/he has the prayer level to have trained exclusively at ice giants...just curious I think its really cool to have been that good so long ago. I'm really interested in old school training methods and such, just to see how the game has evolved.

I never seen him before, but I heard of him from other longer playing high F2P friend. Apparently he trains tons and pretty much everything you said here matches what he used to do. Bear in mind that I start playing mid 2005, so that must means he quit before that. Furthermore, he train before all those updates implemented, so that must means the xp/hr he get must be astonishing compare to present training (maybe 10hrs per day at least).

One thing for sure, that he rarely, if ever talks. But that's kind of the same with Mendark 9 when I met him during my training days, 4 straight hours of rcing airs, and not a word said when I ask him questions.

a happy Runescaper

I'm a PTPer but sometimes I play FOG in a FTP world. When I do so I always wear leather boots because I've always liked to wear those boots in FTP. Once, while waiting in the FOG lobby, somebody started following me and asked me what I was doing in a FTP world because I'm level 107 (or 116 with Summoning). I said that I was indeed a PTPer but she wouldn't believe me because I wore leather boots and said that I was too poor to be a PTPer... made no sense at all. Lol

Too many people like to judge others by their appearances. I always wear studded body and studded chaps when I train non combat skills, and with an air tiara (plus those boots and gloves from stronghold, and ghost speak necklace). When people saw my outfit, they would often ask me, "why is a lvl 124 wearing such a nooby outfit, did you get hacked or something" or "wheres your trimmed armors". That being said, my usual reply is:

I am just training a non combat skill, not running for Runescape Next Top Model (plus I can't wear them anyways). Unless a random event boss monster appears (which they don't anymore, shame, or else I would wear full Monk robes), it's totally impractical to wear such heavy or extravagant Armour (plus I don't want to stand out, people usually stay quite until they hover their mouse over player and noticed a bright red lvl 124 among the crowds, and next thing you know, a series of comments ensues).

a happy Runescaper

[hide]

Too many people like to judge others by their appearances. I always wear studded body and studded chaps when I train non combat skills, and with an air tiara (plus those boots and gloves from stronghold, and ghost speak necklace). When people saw my outfit, they would often ask me, "why is a lvl 124 wearing such a nooby outfit, did you get hacked or something" or "wheres your trimmed armors". That being said, my usual reply is:

I am just training a non combat skill, not running for Runescape Next Top Model (plus I can't wear them anyways). Unless a random event boss monster appears (which they don't anymore, shame, or else I would wear full Monk robes), it's totally impractical to wear such heavy or extravagant Armour (plus I don't want to stand out, people usually stay quite until they hover their mouse over player and noticed a bright red lvl 124 among the crowds, and next thing you know, a series of comments ensues).

[/hide]

I totally agree with this, for me, making my run energy last longer is more important than wearing fancy trimmed armour...which really isn't that much either way.

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

For combat, lvl 54 skeletons on cranor was THE spot to train at.

The only other comparable place would be graveyard in wild, both sometimes used the "open lots of windows so rs is super laggy lagging you out every min or so(whistle)" to get around the standing still timer.

edit; pre dragon slayer I would have to guess ice warriors, black knights were kinda popular, and red spiders.

Yea nothing outside rares looks cool/is expensive in f2p

But in reality, rares are worthless, no?

They are stupidly overpriced for its worth.

And yay.

14t7m1e.png

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Yea nothing outside rares looks cool/is expensive in f2p

But in reality, rares are worthless, no?

They are stupidly overpriced for its worth.

Worthless is subjective, they look cool, raise by millions every day, and get lots of respect. Thats worth more to me than rune armor which i cant even wear.

Point is, theres not much that really looks cool in f2p, trimmed armor is so common it may as well be rune.

O.O

Another subject, did anyone notice that the rune drops from Cockroach Soldiers and Greaters Demons have been reduced?

After 1.5 hour with 10 people killing cockroaches, we only got 2 rune drops, and only 1 rune drop at greaters.

It might be bad luck, but I really think Jagex reduced the drops :mellow:

Does anyone know more about this?