The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

edit: Off topic but I was wondering if anyone has info about the player galaxyg. My friend told me that he/she mined all of his/her ores for 99 smithing and wasone of the highest cb levels in classic. I was wondering where galaxy could have trained because apparently s/he quit before stronghold came out and it doesn't look like s/he has the prayer level to have trained exclusively at ice giants...just curious I think its really cool to have been that good so long ago. I'm really interested in old school training methods and such, just to see how the game has evolved.

For combat, lvl 54 skeletons on cranor was THE spot to train at.

The only other comparable place would be graveyard in wild, both sometimes used the "open lots of windows so rs is super laggy lagging you out every min or so(whistle)" to get around the standing still timer.

edit; pre dragon slayer I would have to guess ice warriors, black knights were kinda popular, and red spiders.

GalaxyG and Ho<randomnumbers> both used to train at the black knight fortress, on the guards.

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

Another subject, did anyone notice that the rune drops from Cockroach Soldiers and Greaters Demons have been reduced?

After 1.5 hour with 10 people killing cockroaches, we only got 2 rune drops, and only 1 rune drop at greaters.

It might be bad luck, but I really think Jagex reduced the drops :mellow:

Does anyone know more about this?

Probably just your imagination.

f203f1850c.png

edit: Off topic but I was wondering if anyone has info about the player galaxyg. My friend told me that he/she mined all of his/her ores for 99 smithing and wasone of the highest cb levels in classic. I was wondering where galaxy could have trained because apparently s/he quit before stronghold came out and it doesn't look like s/he has the prayer level to have trained exclusively at ice giants...just curious I think its really cool to have been that good so long ago. I'm really interested in old school training methods and such, just to see how the game has evolved.

For combat, lvl 54 skeletons on cranor was THE spot to train at.

The only other comparable place would be graveyard in wild, both sometimes used the "open lots of windows so rs is super laggy lagging you out every min or so(whistle)" to get around the standing still timer.

edit; pre dragon slayer I would have to guess ice warriors, black knights were kinda popular, and red spiders.

GalaxyG and Ho<randomnumbers> both used to train at the black knight fortress, on the guards.

Then it means there probably wasn't many things to train with back then, or they simply want something that's abundant and available. I used to train with zombies and skeletons before combat 70, and switched to hobbies from 70 to 92, then after 93 just purely ice giants. Did some at lessers and mossies but stop figuring that the xp and drop weren't really that great in comparison..

a happy Runescaper

i myself,am a p2p player.Ive tried to make a pure f2p character,never worked.i always ran out of bank space or got bored.i got much respect for f2p players having to pay 100's of M to get 99 pray and the millions of clicks to bury them bones,and nothing great for rc,and i wish jagex would make f2p more fun like atleast 80-100 bank spaces,maybe a few more updates or some fun new things,like baby drags,cuz serious,most membs dont train on baby drags,or maybe a cool boss monster other than dung like kbd or mole.i support f2p and i dont think rs should be pay only like wow,noone would play.

Mr_mad_nick.png

Mr_mad_nick.png

exactly, as an f2p player, bank space is very limited. those who play until full bank space, will quickly notice that some items can just easily get from various shop or ge.

so anything that cheap or can easily get is usually drop or sell, mostly only equipment, hard acquire items, large quantity items, often use items is stay in the bank.

In case you guys didn't know, if we register an e-mail address on our accounts we get 10 extra bank spaces! =3

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

In case you guys didn't know, if we register an e-mail address on our accounts we get 10 extra bank spaces! =3

Extra bank spaces are always good.

And check out my new h4 set:

H4.png

Tbh this looks stupid, sorry.

[404] Signature not found.

exactly, as an f2p player, bank space is very limited. those who play until full bank space, will quickly notice that some items can just easily get from various shop or ge.

so anything that cheap or can easily get is usually drop or sell, mostly only equipment, hard acquire items, large quantity items, often use items is stay in the bank.

I never had any issues with bank space as F2P, mainly because:

I don't buy any trim or god armours

Skills that hit 99 would also means I no longer need the materials

Like many other said, I buy tinderbox and mis items from general store when I need them

The time when I might need extra bank space if they keep introducing holiday items or random event clothes that you can't destroy (you either can't get it back or bother not to, like mime clothes and things)

I usually sell uncut gems when they hit a certain number or when I stop by GE.

I do admit that the need to unload everything in bank during dungeoneering does strain the strategy a bit if your near limit after all.

a happy Runescaper

What's up with the corpse mages in Lumbridge Catacombs? They never hit, is that a glitch or something? Nice place to train though.

To be honest I don't really know either. But that's what makes the place shine - you can simply carry a rune scimitar with you and rack up the kills. These guys are very useful for their talisman drops.

And a rune longsword looks better than a rune scimitar, in that outfit. The same can be said for just about every rune set. But why are the best looking weapons always inferior... ;_;

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Another subject, did anyone notice that the rune drops from Cockroach Soldiers and Greaters Demons have been reduced?

After 1.5 hour with 10 people killing cockroaches, we only got 2 rune drops, and only 1 rune drop at greaters.

It might be bad luck, but I really think Jagex reduced the drops :mellow:

Does anyone know more about this?

I'd say bad luck, at least with the roaches. I am still getting my usual 1-2 rune items per trip.

Also lootshare if on, might have somewhat wiggled the results.

As for greaters, I have never really set down to kill them. I started a log after my 1k roach log(to compare), but the greaters have really been outclassed by roaches and so I stopped after only 50ish kills.

My experience with cockroach soldiers? Not bad. In fact, my very first kill dropped a rune sq shield for me, but after that my luck with rune items seemed to drop.

And wow Isthatok, you really are amazing with revenants. Seems like revenants aren't that overpowered after all. Your vid made them seem like ordinary mysterious shades with a melee attack. :blink:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

did roaches always drop only one item at a time? i vaguely remember them dropping coins along with runes most of the time and now i only get one or the either or the various drops the have.

monoclesmilecopy.jpg