The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Taken from runescape wikia:

* Using a max hit calculator, the Gravite longsword (With 99 Strength, an Amulet of Strength, Rune Gauntlets and a Rune Berserker Shield) has the potential to hit 236.46 damage per 3 seconds or 78.82 damage per gametick. The Gravite two-handed sword hits (With 99 Strength, an Amulet of Strength, and Rune Gauntlets) 290.31 damage per 3.6 seconds. This comes down to a 80.64 damage per gametick, giving the 2H a slight edge. It should be noted, however, that a Gravite 2h can easily hit 300-347 with the aid of either pots or prayer alone, and around 367 with the aid of both.

* A player with maxed Strength and Attack has been proven to do more damage per minute in a player versus player situation with a Gravite 2h's stunning accuarcy and sheer power than with a rune scimmy. While a Gravite Longsword may not be able to as few have actually tested out the Longsword (possibly due to it's poor bonuses), unlike the 2h whom many own.

I would go for the 2h.

[404] Signature not found.

* Using a max hit calculator, the Gravite longsword (With 99 Strength, an Amulet of Strength, Rune Gauntlets and a Rune Berserker Shield) has the potential to hit 236.46 damage per 3 seconds or 78.82 damage per gametick. The Gravite two-handed sword hits (With 99 Strength, an Amulet of Strength, and Rune Gauntlets) 290.31 damage per 3.6 seconds. This comes down to a 80.64 damage per gametick, giving the 2H a slight edge. It should be noted, however, that a Gravite 2h can easily hit 300-347 with the aid of either pots or prayer alone, and around 367 with the aid of both.

* A player with maxed Strength and Attack has been proven to do more damage per minute in a player versus player situation with a Gravite 2h's stunning accuarcy and sheer power than with a rune scimmy. While a Gravite Longsword may not be able to as few have actually tested out the Longsword (possibly due to it's poor bonuses), unlike the 2h whom many own.

I would go for the 2h.

He wants it for regular training, dont forget a 2h's crush attack works better on players than most monsters, and a 2h does not allow a shield to be used, meaning the cost of training is up, while also the risk,

22031_s.gif

I would go for the 2h.

He wants it for regular training, dont forget a 2h's crush attack works better on players than most monsters, and a 2h does not allow a shield to be used, meaning the cost of training is up, while also the risk,

Which risk? ^^ Yeah, I didn't realised he wants it for training. I don't know on which monster he wants to train. But it still seems as it's a though choice between 2h and longsword. Also 2h lasts longer before you have to recharge. But in the end I would just take the rune scimmy for training and the gravite 2h for minigames or pvp. :D

Sooo time consuming, lol

To this day I do not get how the people on the 250 list managed to get where they are. :blink:

I used to think the same as you. However, now that I'm on the list I realize its nothing special. I thought if I got on the list everyone would like me, look up to me, etc, but the truth is nothing changes. The players that were better than me still are, and they still look down on me the same way. My advice is don't try to get on the list just for the sake of being on it... its a waste of time. As my days of rs draw to an end I realize whats important is setting personal goals and having fun with my friends.

Is it true that the 90+ exp nerf isn't applied to you if your parties average level is under 90?

Because I just did a dungeon and got 15k exp, where as a level 3 skill said they got 27k exp. The skiller didn't even do anything helpful the whole time.

And I was just coming to terms with that f... stupid nerf based the misguided fact that I could avoid the nerf with parties averaged under 90.

greenmelf.png

Is it true that the 90+ exp nerf isn't applied to you if your parties average level is under 90?

Because I just did a dungeon and got 15k exp, where as a level 3 skill said they got 27k exp. The skiller didn't even do anything helpful the whole time.

And I was just coming to terms with that f... stupid nerf based the misguided fact that I could avoid the nerf with parties averaged under 90.

Yes, the nerf isn't applied if one or more of your party members are level 89 or below.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Sooo time consuming, lol

To this day I do not get how the people on the 250 list managed to get where they are. :blink:

I used to think the same as you. However, now that I'm on the list I realize its nothing special. I thought if I got on the list everyone would like me, look up to me, etc, but the truth is nothing changes. The players that were better than me still are, and they still look down on me the same way. My advice is don't try to get on the list just for the sake of being on it... its a waste of time. As my days of rs draw to an end I realize whats important is setting personal goals and having fun with my friends.

The bolded part is so true, except no one looks down on me ;)

Setting personal goals is very important, forget about the list and the levels/exps races you have to compete in to gain ranks, just try and have fun and not get addicted.

The list believe it or not, got me addicted to Runescape, and it took 2 years to get that addiction away. If anything the list is a negative thing.

However, I never found hanging with friends was any fun on Runescape, I'd just rather talk to them and do my own thing.

Animorph_2.png

oh ya, 2nd batch coming, but i still havent reached my goal of 65 rc lvl. too busy with the study.

oh.... ring for f2p can only upgrade to tier 5. maybe lesser point to increase bar of column i think

they found a solution for solo dc problems, but it may only lasts for 5 min at most.

no sign of allowing fletching to f2p in dungeon.

but it may only lasts for 5 min at most.

That was more like a casual example.

ops, i forget to type 'be', it should be 'maybe'

but it is glad to hear that 2nd batch is coming soon, just hope that they have answer for the exp nerf.

i do like to see changes in binding such as more ammo, maybe use the same concept as the ring. such as the ring can be upgrade to bind more ammo?

but it may only lasts for 5 min at most.

That was more like a casual example.

ops, i forget to type 'be', it should be 'maybe'

but it is glad to hear that 2nd batch is coming soon, just hope that they have answer for the exp nerf.

i do like to see changes in binding such as more ammo, maybe use the same concept as the ring. such as the ring can be upgrade to bind more ammo?

This isn't 2nd batch, more like batch 1.5.

/edit: Too late, eh? :(

Regarding the second batch:

Question: Floors 36-60: F2P or P2P, and any reasons you have to believe so.

from my opinion, if they make it f2p, then most likely the exp nerf will remain for sometime. but if it is p2p then exp nerf might just removed immediately.

whatever it is, i can see that dungeoneering had a bright future that can open up to many thing.

ar.... with alot of homework and assignment, i dont have time to think about the the idea or improvement that can be done to the dungeoneering.

I'm interested in seeing how high the F2P dungeoneering requirements are going to be.

Once I reach the max dungeoneering level needed for F2P, I can't see myself staying any longer.

Waiting for Batch 1.5/2, and seeing how much money I can flip is the only thing keeping me in this game. Fishing while I wait for dungeoneering stuff to come out.

Animorph_2.png

The way I see it is that unfortunately the new floors will be P2P. My reasons:

It's a huge update. In fact, you can say it's the biggest skill in Runescape. In not all, but most skills (including dungeoneering), F2P gets a "demo" of what P2P gets. For example, you can only get armour and weapons up to rune / fractite (exception corrupt) at level 40. Runecrafting ends at level 20 with body runes. Crafting ends at diamonds. Woodcutting and firemaking end at yews. Obviously, P2P is an expansion to F2P and Batch 2 probably won't be an exception - Floors 1-35 being F2P, and then 36-60 as the expansion pack.

There has to be a reason why Batch 2 is Batch 2. You can say that Jagex hadn't developed it yet before releasing Batch 1, but dungeoneering already has a maximum level of 120 and Jagex stated that they couldn't fit everything they had planned into 99 levels. Think about all the buzz that's going around and how much money Jagex will make by releasing the skill in two batches; the later being P2P. It's also an appropriate way to separate the main F2P update from the P2P "expansion pack".

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

I hope to see one of the floors F2P but the higher one P2P.

I'm thinking that there will be a couple F2P floors, potentially with a final boss battle / miniquest thingy where we meet up with Bilrach, fight a bit, and then he goes deeper. Then the next floors and final battle are members only. But meh, I guess it's just wishfull thinking....

Just to bring this thread back to life, thought i'd say i just got 1000 f2p total with 65 magic.

Next to get are 50 prayer (along with whatever range level that brings), 70 firemaking and cooking, some woodcutting (maybe 80), fishing (maybe 75).

Just to bring this thread back to life, thought i'd say i just got 1000 f2p total with 65 magic.

Next to get are 50 prayer (along with whatever range level that brings), 70 firemaking and cooking, some woodcutting (maybe 80), fishing (maybe 75).

Congratulations. :grin: I remember when I got 1000 total. :P Good times...

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Lets not get carried away here. The new upcoming updates might not be what we are expecting. There will be flaws. I try my best to resist jumping to conclusions from the BTS, so that when the update does happen, I wont be that surprised. Knowing jagex, we free players might get shorted in some way

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png