The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Since its the start of the thread, I'll just give my opinion.

I've been F2P and P2P and I think while F2P has a lot for being free, I do think it should be updated once in a while. Like a thread in the Debate forums, giving F2P a low-leveled P2P boss like the Mole or KBD isn't a bad idea. It won't hurt P2P'ers, only benefit F2P'ers. Giving F2P higher bows than willow (or was it maple?) would be nice too, as well as the ability to let F2P craft chaos runes and cast some higher spells.

Those who think this will degrade members, you're wrong. F2P won't be getting the hundred or so Member's quest, nor their skills, their leveling abilities, nor items. Just a few things to give F2P once P2P outdates them. KGD is not a very-used boss I'm sure, so what's the harm in giving that to F2P?

Basically, give Member's leftovers to F2P as P2P gains more stuff.

EDIT* Ahh, this reminds me of when TIF had P2P and F2P General forums...anybody remember that? :lol:

I remember that! This post reminded me of that too actually lol.

F2P....kinda sucks. I'm not having a lot of fun with it, it's kind of stale for me. After a certain point, all you have is the repetitive clicking stuff (if you don't do combat like me), whereas in p2p you got the minigames, quests, other skills that aren't that, et

Yeah, F2P is VERY repetitive for obvious reasons, but we're a tight-knit group so it's somewhat comfortable.

Some people like that repetitiveness, and as long as you do something else on the side (of course not AFK training). It would be more enjoyable. I sometimes went around RS aimlessly doing odd tasks just to relax myself. (If you ever see a lvl 124 hitting chickens and collecting eggs, or milking cows, or doing stuff that new players would do, that's probably me)

Just 2 months ago, I went off and collected 6k pizza ingredient myself because I wanted a break from crafting (trying to buy 6k flour from shop is hard work, but buying 6k cheese from GE is even harder work, at the end a member friend help me make them) At least some nice profits since I got everything from scratch

a happy Runescaper

Sooo time consuming, lol

To this day I do not get how the people on the 250 list managed to get where they are. :blink:

Hmm, keep in mind that most of them have been playing for long time. I think most players on the list already find the best and most efficient way to train each individual skills. Even though its time consuming, but if you find something else to do during the main time, its nothing more than a background applications which requires you click every few minutes or so (unless its attention intensive skill or if you are chatting).

I got a lot of stuff done especially reading or researching on the net while playing RS, so I usually try to be productive as much as I can. To my own knowledge, I usually categorize people into several categories when I see high lvls.

They play for long time, train moderately

They play for only few years, but train a lot during those 2 to 3 years. (efficiently, of course)

Lastly, they play for long time and train a lot.

For the most part, most of us are kind of cross in between. I was training almost 6 to 8 hours during my uni years, and slow down to moderate or light training since I am working now. A lot has changed since then, and its less time demanding and resource wasting as well (craft use to waste cash, not anymore). I will want to reach my goal eventually, but I won't really want to join the xp wars because it will be never ending story. Always play the way you want to play.

Just for small measure of how much people might train here is some of my past "achievements"

22 hours RS gaming straight (all combat xp, prayer and hp xp) a lot of ice giants murdered that day in Ice Cave

12+ hours mining in crafting guild for almost a week in 2005 (end up with 9k plus silver ores and 5.5k gold ore)

Train for 12 hours + per day for almost 2 weeks again beating up ice giants

Train firemaking for 11 hours to see how long it takes to me to get bored of one song (listening to same song for almost the whole day while firemaking)

there are many more but more or less small fragments of hours here and there, I am not saying its recommended and I never do it for more than 2 weeks continuously. Of course during those hard training time, I would consider myself almost no life for the most part (at least I was studying) during that time. But I also shocked few of my RS friend back then when they went to bed and wake up the next day to find that I am still training, lol

a happy Runescaper

Sooo time consuming, lol

To this day I do not get how the people on the 250 list managed to get where they are. :blink:

Hmm, keep in mind that most of them have been playing for long time. I think most players on the list already find the best and most efficient way to train each individual skills. Even though its time consuming, but if you find something else to do during the main time, its nothing more than a background applications which requires you click every few minutes or so (unless its attention intensive skill or if you are chatting).

I got a lot of stuff done especially reading or researching on the net while playing RS, so I usually try to be productive as much as I can. To my own knowledge, I usually categorize people into several categories when I see high lvls.

They play for long time, train moderately

They play for only few years, but train a lot during those 2 to 3 years. (efficiently, of course)

Lastly, they play for long time and train a lot.

For the most part, most of us are kind of cross in between. I was training almost 6 to 8 hours during my uni years, and slow down to moderate or light training since I am working now. A lot has changed since then, and its less time demanding and resource wasting as well (craft use to waste cash, not anymore). I will want to reach my goal eventually, but I won't really want to join the xp wars because it will be never ending story. Always play the way you want to play.

I've been playing for 7 years.

The last two years (Grade 9 and 10), I will admit, I was addicted.

This year of course, I have been up and down in the list, taking breaks, homework, etc.

I usually chat/listen to music while training, or reading the forums, or on Facebook etc.

I've played a long time, and overall I think I played moderately, however, at times I did play a lot (during those 2 years I was addicted).

I've only gained like 2 levels I think in the last month, so kudos to everyone who passes me ;)

I'm the same as Central now, I will reach my goal eventually, even if it takes 2 years longer than before when I was addicted, I'm fine with that, I'd rather it be that way.

I don't want to join the exp wars and total level wars because it's true, they will never end.

I was hoping to get 90 dungeoneering, 90 prayer, 90 runecraft, 99 attack/strength/defence/fishing/ranged sometime around March or so of 2011, but now it will most likely be pushed to August, possible even later. Just goes to show the difference between moderately playing and playing whilst addicted.

Animorph_2.png

Does anybody know a time/money-efficient way to train crafting on a F2P character?

Buying gold bars and making gold amulets used to profit (not sure about now), but xp wise it was kind of slow. On the plus side, it's fairly easy to get rid of the amulets, as p2p players train magic with the string amulet spell.

Me_Has_10_Hp.png

Does anybody know a time/money-efficient way to train crafting on a F2P character?

Back before last summer (before the manip clan boom) I used to cut emeralds for exp. Most of the time it was arround 3 gp/exp but then the rogue who bought jewelery increased the gap between uncut emerald and cut to arround 10 gp/exp. Since the 'nerf' of the rogue this gap is a bit lower. If you were to do this today I calculate that it's 7.4 gp/exp (using weekly averages). If you wait to time your buying and selling, you could get it as low as 5.7 gp/exp.

With this method I could get 200k+ exp/hour so you're looking at ~55 hours from 80-99. Compared to 30k exp/hour for gold ammys which is ~367 hours.

So....

80M GP / 310 hours saved = 258k per hour.

Pretty much, if you make 250k per hour or more, it is worth your time to use emeralds and then use the saved time to make money. Because F2P money making maxes arround 120k (other then rune mining). At this point in time, it's not worth cutting emeralds unless you have a large GP pile to burn.

Sorry, I didn't really help you at all. This was just more of me putting my thoughts into text because I've been thinking about getting 99 crafting.

I hadn't given it any thought before as I'd never bother trying partying dungeoneering; but now that I have; I realize how horrible the whole party making system for dungeoneering is.

1. Make dungeoneering theme worlds. There is no good reason for there not to be one.

2. Make an option for it to choose a random floor to do, but will not nullify your prestige if you've already done that floor in this current cycle. Has all the floor variety of the current system and more! Opens up the amount to viable party members to basically anyone instead of just the people how happen for all the same floor free. Might need some tweaking in (floor) exp rates to stop people from getting screwed over large amounts of exp by repeatedly getting mostly random low floors.

3. Improve the in-game party finding system. Instead of rooms for different floor ranges; make it a person that tags you with your preferred difficulty, say "medium and 5:3" or "small and 4:4". It will automatically try to find matches, but there will also be a billboard that lists what people are currently looking for; if you find their difficulty settings acceptable, it sends an invitation request to the party leader/person.

greenmelf.png

What's the best way to make money in F2P (yes i have been playing f2p my whole life, and know all the usual ones)? I want some money to get my prayer up above 50, and then maybe some more to train smithing... But before all that i'm getting 100 total (only 5 off...). My stats are here.

Thanks...

What's the best way to make money in F2P (yes i have been playing f2p my whole life, and know all the usual ones)? I want some money to get my prayer up above 50, and then maybe some more to train smithing... But before all that i'm getting 100 total (only 5 off...). My stats are here.

Thanks...

You could try fishing lobsters on Karamja (Noting the lobs), or you could mine and superheat mithril, it's not fast, but it's pretty decent money.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!