The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

The ranger is most easy by meleeing and praying magic protect. Using that setup I don't die at all, though I didn't know about harl being more easy with mage protect

Yeah, I've used Protect from Magic vs. Harlakk, but he just ends up draining my prayer to nothing. So I don't do that anymore.

Instead I just use Att and Str 15% prayers, and gatestone heal. It's nubbly, but it works...

Hardest bosses for me...

- Shadow-forger. Undoubtedly the MOST difficult boss, with its hard to dodge acid rain that hits really hard.

- Bulwark Beast. With an attack speed of 7, plus the fact that he uses all 3 styles, AND that he has 2 parts, makes him really annoying.

- Plane-freezer. All that slipping and sliding is awfully obnoxious.

Also, the riftsplitter demon is very easy if you protect from mage. Though it does drain your prayer, the only way it can damage you is via portals.

Stomp is not that hard either. Use ranged/magic, pray protect from ranged, and for the lodestones, grab 'em as soon as possible before the debris falls.

Sagittaire, melee with protect from magic on works excellent.

Lexicus Runewright, using ranged with the protect from magic prayer is the best setup. Make sure you dodge book barrage, and kill all the tomes.

And I haven't encountered the pummeller demon. How hard is that guy?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

...And I haven't encountered the pummeller demon. How hard is that guy?

I don't find him too challenging when solo'ing (I'm sure it all depends on your CMB lvl and attack method).

Bal'lak attacks with strong melee, magic, and range.

Avoid the green blobs that appear on the floor (much like the Riftsplitter's portals).

Every time you attack him (hit or not) his defense meter fills up. Don't waste time trying to lure him over the green blobs to lower the defense meter.

Make yourself some gatestone runes and leave one outside the boss room.

When the meter gets over ~60% or you run low on health, gatestone out. Heal up, wait a few seconds, drop another gatestone, and head back in.

The defense meter will have reset. Rinse and repeat.

I use Att and Str 15% prayers as he can disable your Protect prayers.

Works well for me, and while in groups the above method is highly effective...

It's a nice strategy, but of course I find solo bosses easy, how about in a 5:5 team?

Also, out of the boss topic, anyone encountered an extremely high-leveled monster?

Personally, the highest I've met was a 158 zombie (melee) on F14, on a 5:5 small.

For other monsters, 135 hill giant, 111 ranger (sagittarian), 130 warrior (primal), 110 mage (celestial), 120 skeleton (ranged), 113 skeleton (magic), 135 brute, 111 shade, 131 dog, 108 ice warrior, 133 earth warrior, 128 zombie (ranged)...

ALL of them are extremely strong compared to above-surface monsters. They share a similar trait to revenants, as their combat level reflects the equivalent of a player of that level.

However, unlike revenants, you can pray against them. As long as you pray the correct style and exploit their weakness, they aren't that hard to defeat. An exception to this is the ranger. Even while praying ranged and using melee, I couldn't even get his HP down to half before my prayer ran out. Shades can be a nuisance too, as they use both magic and ranged and switch targets. However they have extremely low defense, so as long as you pile it, you make quick work of it.

With all this taken into account, I can conclude the monster cap only applies to bosses. The highest leveled boss was a 205 Har'lakk the Riftsplitter, while I heard members can get a 520 Hobogoblin Geomancer. :blink:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Don't waste time trying to lure him over the green blobs to lower the defense meter.

Takes about 3 seconds to walk around one and for Bal'lak to walk into it.

Gatestones are a good idea before the fight, and also having 1/2+ bag full of food is good.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Was doing a f22? 5:5 med dungeon today, me (cmb 95) and another (cmb 110?), along with 3 level 3's. I'll confirm this: On a F2P world, if you have the hunter levels, you can catch the ferret. It takes a freaking long time, especially when only one of us had it (imbued luck - 60 something hunter? for a required 20). It was also bad because he failed three times, and on one of those times he was one-hit for 100.

It also stunk because the room right after that was a dead-end with no keys.

After all of that, I got 20224 experience for about 30-40 minutes of dunging. Next time I'll want to do a large.

My least favorite boss is the hanging jerk... acid is impossible to dodge, and the blinding flash automagically takes all your levels down by 1/2. Its especially annoying to lag there. I recommend hitting him 5-6 times, and then teleing out. He'll do his thing. Once he uses his flash attack, run back in.

The other boss I don't like is the riftsplitter. Usually he's about my combat level when I solo, and he's deadly when I lag.

Learned a trick today - the icefiend can't kill you with its icicle attack. Just pray ranged, hit him as many times as you can. Eat once or twice after the icicle attack (so he doesn't melee you to death), but it makes it the easiest boss there is (considering I've never seen one higher than 76 combat).

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Icy bones hits through prayer, and as a ranger in dung, he uses more varied attacks. D:

And yeah, I know about the icicles thing. I got hit down to 8 LP halfway during it, but then it didn't hit anymore. Didn't get the "Against All Odds" title, is there something wrong?

Oh and Protect from Ranged does not guarantee no-hit. It uses a magic attack too, just like regular icefiends.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

If you pray against either Magic or Ranged, and dodge the icicle attack by running in SMALL circles, Luminiscent Icefiend is easy work.

And as for Icy Bones... watch

lolz.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j1P2MqbdaA

My first test run for Recording Runescape, still a learning experience :rolleyes: .

Anyway, thought I might post this, this is how I go about the icefiend, if recieved well I may try doing others.

As for which bosses I find most annoying:

Shadow-forger - Even without lag, and bringing in loads of food I've still yet to be able to beat this boss without a death. I just don't know how to avoid the green acid stuff.

Sagittare - Always have to backtrack to bring in 15 short fins for him, for some reason he always get's me near death. Protecting mage and fire wave/melee.

Seeing as the boss difficuly increases somewhat exponentially every floor I don't want to see how hard the Warped and Chaotic ones are :ohnoes:

1yrb49.jpg

Never knew about the walking trick... lol. Still, I like running around in circles.

Also, the boss difficulty doesn't really increase that much, neither do mobs.

You have an equal chance of finding a level 158 zombie in any Abandoned 1 floor as with any Abandoned 2 floor, so long as you're doing 5:5.

Size doesn't seem to matter for mobs (said monster was encountered in 5:5 small), but it does for bosses. In small/medium 5:5's, I always seem to get the riftsplitter's 162 version, but in a large 5:5, I got a 205.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

So.. I still can't decide what to get for my 40k tokens (when i get them)

which will be pretty soon, i calculated i will have 40k tokens upon reaching lvl 67 and i am lvl 65 atm.

I think i need some good meele weapon that will make training meele skills more fun, my lowest skill is attack lvl 51, yes even my prayer lvl is higher (54).

So whats a good gravite weapon to use to train, probably gonna me are red spiders in s.o.s. or someplace else, got any tips btw?

Well the rapier is the top in DPS as goes for chaotic. I assume it would be best for granite?

I highly doubt the G. Rapier is any faster with regards to XP/HR versus the Rune Scimitar.

I'd also be wary of the stats listed on the official RS KB, as it might be lower than +50 Stab Att bonus and +48 Str bonus. That whole Dungeoneering section is wholly inaccurate.

Besides that, what monsters are weak to stab that people train on? Hardly any...

because of the recharge fee, it make it not worth it to use. like i say before, it mostly use by high lvl.

maybe because of this i prefer reward that will not degrade. such as coal bag, sighted, arcane necklace, tome.

if you really need to choose one, then choose gravite staff or until gravite shortbow is allowed to fires rune arrows.

if you really cant decide, and dont want to waste tokens on something that not so useful such as gravite, then i suggest you might want to wait for 2nd batch.

I sometimes wonder why the arrows in Dungeoneering have surprisingly low Ranged strength...

Sagittarian arrows only have +46, which is not even the power of rune arrows.

Fractite arrows only fall between steel and mithril too.

IMO the strength should be boosted big time. Make fractite arrows the equivalent (possibly a bit more or less) of rune arrows. Perhaps something like this:

Novite: +5

Bathus: +10

Marmaros: +22

Kratonite: +35

Fractite: +47

Zephyrium: +58

Argonite: +70

Katagon: +82

Gorgonite: +95

Promethium: +106

Sagittarian: +120

(Ok, maybe +120 is overkill... but other tier 11 items have insanely high bonuses too, so why not ranged?)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j1P2MqbdaA

My first test run for Recording Runescape, still a learning experience :rolleyes: .

Anyway, thought I might post this, this is how I go about the icefiend, if recieved well I may try doing others.

As for which bosses I find most annoying:

Shadow-forger - Even without lag, and bringing in loads of food I've still yet to be able to beat this boss without a death. I just don't know how to avoid the green acid stuff.

Sagittare - Always have to backtrack to bring in 15 short fins for him, for some reason he always get's me near death. Protecting mage and fire wave/melee.

Seeing as the boss difficuly increases somewhat exponentially every floor I don't want to see how hard the Warped and Chaotic ones are :ohnoes:

This video is good for a beginner. Like that walking trick!

La Vallett1

A.k.a. "Nostalgic Vallett"

What's been said must be done.

My friend's account has just been members, and after playing on it, needless to say the experience from that was much more different.

I'm sorry to say, my fellow F2P friends, after I get all stats 70+, there is a POSSIBILITY that I might become members. I want to experience new quests, skills, minigames, etc etc etc and most importantly Dungeoneering in a whole new different feel. Gotta love those powerful items and new interfaces!

The keyword is POSSIBILITY so I might not actually get members then. But who knows?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

My friend's account has just been members, and after playing on it, needless to say the experience from that was much more different.

I'm sorry to say, my fellow F2P friends, after I get all stats 70+, there is a POSSIBILITY that I might become members. I want to experience new quests, skills, minigames, etc etc etc and most importantly Dungeoneering in a whole new different feel. Gotta love those powerful items and new interfaces!

The keyword is POSSIBILITY so I might not actually get members then. But who knows?

If you value your F2P status. Don't. You'll regret it sooner of later, as I did, or some of my friends.

But yeah, P2P experience is WAY better. But you have to make plans before you become P2P.

Like what quests to do, a POH layout, some cash (20M+) and some good stats to begin with. :)

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I bought myself a santa hat everyone :)

If anyone wants to borrow it I can lend it to you.

Not spending cash on 90 prayer yet so I thought I would invest :D

I would borrow it, but no Santas in dung. =)

34234.png

So I have devised this little thing that helps keep track of the rooms. It's a little bit time-consuming, but it helps if you can't remember all the rooms.

Basically, I list the horizontal number first, and then the vertical number. So the ? two rooms to the right of home is 4-2, being in the 4th column and the 2nd ? in that column.

Then once I got the key, I knew exactly where to go. You can try it too. Just remember to erase the line once you open the door.

:thumbup:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

@ Pink: That is a nice tool that you have there. But can't you just write the names down on paper or something lol? Extra stuff like that kinda lags a bit.

@ Plasma: Yeah that's exactly what I'm planning. Get all stats 70+, get a good amount of cash, activate all diaries, do un-filtered quests, etc. Dunno how I can get mems in China though.

Basically I just do all I can on F2P then switch to mems.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog