The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

You need to plan few weeks ahead. Get a nice POH layout. (Chapel, Study, Kitchen and such must be kept near entrance portal)

Also, start off by visiting Varrock Musuem to do mini-quest. Instantly raises your slayer and hunter to level 9.

After that, finish off unfiltered quests, until you reached a good level 20-30 in almost all members stats. Then finish FTP1 and proceed furthur into FTP2. Then you unlock one the of best things in RuneScape - Fairy rings.

MOST IMPORTANTLY- Buy seaweed and pineapples from Catherby for 2/10gp each daily. And finish off 'Hand in the Sand' quest for free sand.

Seaweed + Sand = Molten Glass = Profit.

Pineapples = Supercompost = Profit.

And remember to do evil trees and star mining daily. And penguins and circus weekly.

But just have fun, main point of getting members. :) Pretty much sums it up.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

So I have devised this little thing that helps keep track of the rooms. It's a little bit time-consuming, but it helps if you can't remember all the rooms.

Basically, I list the horizontal number first, and then the vertical number. So the ? two rooms to the right of home is 4-2, being in the 4th column and the 2nd ? in that column.

Then once I got the key, I knew exactly where to go. You can try it too. Just remember to erase the line once you open the door.

:thumbup:

I just write down the doors which I don't have a key for. That way, after we do the boss, we're not sitting there wondering what keys we don't have.

It works remarkably well, and you don't spend time counting tiles.

I've been duoing with a lvl 3 nub for about 15 medium sized dungeons, and we've yet to fully complete one due to member-only doors. Some dungeons have more than 1 member door. I've noticed that not only does the bonus XP takes a hit when there's a members only room, but the base xp does as well.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Yeah, re4p3r1, if you don't already, you should download SwiftKit to get that big box below your screen. I just so happened to be using a 16" laptop, so my screen isn't quite large enough to fit everything.

So I have devised this little thing that helps keep track of the rooms. It's a little bit time-consuming, but it helps if you can't remember all the rooms.

Basically, I list the horizontal number first, and then the vertical number. So the ? two rooms to the right of home is 4-2, being in the 4th column and the 2nd ? in that column.

Then once I got the key, I knew exactly where to go. You can try it too. Just remember to erase the line once you open the door.

:thumbup:

I just write down the doors which I don't have a key for. That way, after we do the boss, we're not sitting there wondering what keys we don't have.

It works remarkably well, and you don't spend time counting tiles.

I've been duoing with a lvl 3 nub for about 15 medium sized dungeons, and we've yet to fully complete one due to member-only doors. Some dungeons have more than 1 member door. I've noticed that not only does the bonus XP takes a hit when there's a members only room, but the base xp does as well.

Writing down stuff also works; though, I'm wondering how you can remember which rooms you still need to open when you're doing a 5-man large and you've got 7+ different rooms to open that are scattered around the map, lol

And yeah, with such maps as the 32-room meds, there's always a good chance you'll run into a P2P door. It gets frustrating, but. :s

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I have a question, what's the typical method you guys do dung?

Although I get upwards of 8k per floor with duo/trio med dungeons, I do get a nice 2k-3k per floor solo. I play a mix of both.

The time spent doing large floors isn't worth the 15k+ exp imo. Not to mention member stuff.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Writing down stuff also works; though, I'm wondering how you can remember which rooms you still need to open when you're doing a 5-man large and you've got 7+ different rooms to open that are scattered around the map, lol

And yeah, with such maps as the 32-room meds, there's always a good chance you'll run into a P2P door. It gets frustrating, but. :s

The order you write them down helps. Most of the time, your party is with you while you're only tackling one root of the dungeon. As you come across doors you can't open, those go down on your list first. When you move to the other side of the dungeon, those go down on your list next. If you have a key for the top of your list, you go to the first part of the dungeon. If you have a key at the bottom of your list, you go to the last part of the dungeon. Details on where the room are seem to be unnecessary, especially in the amount of time it takes to count to that room.

Gatestones are also a must, and make remembering which room is where less of an issue. The biggest thing is that at the very end of the dungeon, you don't want to question if you should end or not; you should know with certainty.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Quick Question:

I've heard someone say it somewhere, but why are longbows better than shortbows in Dungeoneering?

much higher range bonus and range strength. i believe the tier 1 longbow has better stats than a t4 shortbow or so

So i was looking at all my songs that i have unlocked on runescape and it got me thinking how many songs can we have i have 214 all from f2p and the max that members can have is 693. It got me wondering how many f2p can unlock how many do my fellow f2pers have it will be intresting to find out

Zenten3.png

Hmm songs it is tricky I will try to break it up into tiers

Tier 1 current fresh off the block f2per

t2 holiday event songs(not terribly sure if they are like emotes; become unlocked after more previous events)

t3 has songs from the now p2p quests myths of white lands and swept away

t4 has glitched member songs again not sure how or why, but this number is now about 222(after dungeoneering).

Sorry I don't know the exact numbers for the other tiers. I am at 217, I know there was a discussion about f2p songs somewhere.....

Hmm songs it is tricky I will try to break it up into tiers

Tier 1 current fresh off the block f2per

t2 holiday event songs(not terribly sure if they are like emotes; become unlocked after more previous events)

t3 has songs from the now p2p quests myths of white lands and swept away

t4 has glitched member songs again not sure how or why, but this number is now about 222(after dungeoneering).

Sorry I don't know the exact numbers for the other tiers. I am at 217, I know there was a discussion about f2p songs somewhere.....

Page 18 of this thread?

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Quick Question:

I've heard someone say it somewhere, but why are longbows better than shortbows in Dungeoneering?

Longbows here are speed 5, not 4 as in above surface.

Plus, they have very huge accuracy. A tier 1 longbow has better ranged bonus than tier 5 shortbow. And as a matter of fact, a tier 5 longbow has better ranged bonus than tier 11 shortbow!

Longbows are hugely favored here, possibly a bit too favored.

And as for the music thing, I have yet to encounter Bal'lak, and I have 214 songs atm.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Quick Question:

Longbows here are speed 5, not 4 as in above surface.

Plus, they have very huge accuracy. A tier 1 longbow has better ranged bonus than tier 5 shortbow. And as a matter of fact, a tier 5 longbow has better ranged bonus than tier 11 shortbow!

Longbows are hugely favored here, possibly a bit too favored.

And as for the music thing, I have yet to encounter Bal'lak, and I have 214 songs atm.

I did not know that i stuck to my old ways of ranging in dungeoneering. whats the best longbow possible? spinebeam?

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

I've been busy.

I updated my RSOF rant on dungeoneering to include like-threads:

Easier to get XP on a LVL 3!!!

QFC:149-150-960-60962766

by Sees All1

Why am I being penalized?

QFC:149-150-172-61022754

by Animorph 2

F2P Dungeoneering XP Penalty.

QFC: 149-150-390-60793827

by: Th3 Warri0r

The 5% of F2p Dungeoneering!

QFC: 149-150-20-60980056

by: Quirk X

What's broken in dungeoneering

QFC: 149-150-966-60894115

by: Minno726

F2P Dungeoneering is F2P

QFC: 149-150-42-60847504

by: Guerrilla 34

Members doors in f2p Dungeons

QFC: 149-150-875-60964461

by: Sycllo

P2p doors in F2p worlds? Why?

QFC: 149-150-381-60916725

by: Dracomet Ace

no members doors for f2p

QFC: 149-150-376-60782535

by: Eddwiux

Almost a month now.. and nada.

149-150-903-61023229

by: Drake W

If any of you have a RSOF thread like these, please PM me them. Cross-referencing these threads is a good idea because it enables people to bump them all :P

♪♪ And I'm not done

If any of you have a RSOF thread like these, please PM me them. Cross-referencing these threads is a good idea because it enables people to bump them all :P

I've a german thread in the german RSOF called "Kerkerkunde als freier Spieler" (Dungeoneering as a F2P player): QFC 80-81-104-65650

Still waiting for a german JMod to respond (he promised it like 2 weeks ago). I'll let you know if he does.

[404] Signature not found.

I did not know that i stuck to my old ways of ranging in dungeoneering. whats the best longbow possible? spinebeam?

In F2P it's spinebeam, yes.

If you're a member, keep killing Sagittaire and you might get the Sagittarian longbow + 125 Sagittarian arrows as a drop.

However, if you wish to p++ your arrows, you must do that BEFORE you bind.

Hope this helps.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

hoho, nice batch 2, oh ya baby. >>> refer to dev blog.

this may very well encourage ppl to play smart by 5 ppl each different job class. discuss .....

can anyone have a look at the windows client, either install or look into the source code to see what it is, cause it is late here and i gonna sleep now.

oh, after i wake up, no one say anything about it. oh well then

i like the ring interface, but i wondering about what it mean by (tactician increase chance to hit in accurate stance). it need accurate attack style to get the benefit? so if use def or aggresive style will gain no benefit? LOL

i wondering if it had some kind limit for each bar on the start or it will gain 1 bar for each few dungeoneering lvl just like the floor.

hope it can select more then 1 class of job(hybrid), since i might want to up ranged and skiller.

gatestone might use lesser runes, and groupstone is a nice idea, where it need party leader or need vote to place the groupstone?

so now the Daemonheim is look like a guild to me and is the only place to train it

on the surface ideas, we will get extra spawn of monster, additional resources and BOSS which are escaped from Daemonheim? hahaha

the surface might not the thing we been all expected, but i think jagex wanted to slowly implement it on the surface.

I really want the binding limit to be increased...

Atm I only have a ranged and a magic weapon bound, along with 125 arrows.

I want to stick with a melee weapon as well, and sometimes 125 arrows doesn't exactly last the dungeon.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog