Bullied into suicide

TipIt

There is this thing called karma, eventually they will get what they deserve. Most likely they will end up as crack [bleep] who get beat to death by their respective pimp. Either that or they will only have emo children who cut themselves. In any case karma will get the, for you see karma is also a [bleep].

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is this thing called karma, eventually they will get what they deserve. Most likely they will end up as crack [bleep] who get beat to death by their respective pimp. Either that or they will only have emo children who cut themselves. In any case karma will get the, for you see karma is also a [bleep].

Karma determines your rank in the caste system in your next life, it does not give you good luck for good deeds or bad luck for bad deeds. Today, the caste system is only used in small Hindu villages in India. My point: Cut it out with the Karma stuff because Karma won't get them back for this.

On topic: I have no respect for the bullies, yet no sympathy for the girl. She made a mountain out of a molehill and she just quit when things got too hard.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

First of all, the article is written very poorly for a Boston Globe columnist.

That aside, there was absolutely no proof against the girls, only hearsay. The columnist continues to tell of what the girls did without, again, any proof. The columnist also forgets to mention more about the relationship between the girl and the senior boy. It is likely the two had relations what would spark the name-calling, for which it is arguable that she deserved to be bullied. Really, if she slept with one of the "Mean Girl's" ex-boyfriends or crushes, it's no surprise at all that they harassed her.

It's bad and all that the girl hung her self, but I just hate one-sided news stories.

lalalasig2.png

Karma determines your rank in the caste system in your next life, it does not give you good luck for good deeds or bad luck for bad deeds. Today, the caste system is only used in small Hindu villages in India. My point: Cut it out with the Karma stuff because Karma won't get them back for this.

On topic: I have no respect for the bullies, yet no sympathy for the girl. She made a mountain out of a molehill and she just quit when things got too hard.

Then to put it in scientific form, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Also, they bragged about it on facebook, and guess what, employer's actually look at that stuff (for good jobs anyway) as it is public knowledge. So in a way they have already sealed their fate.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

I love how everyone thinks that the people that do things like this will eventually be shunned. I don't know what the rest of the country is like, but that sure isn't the case here.

Anyway, maybe not execution, but certainly have some form of harsh non physical punishment.

HARSH non physical punishment? Like this?

You are such a terrible person! You should feel so bad about yourself! Why would you do something like that! You are such a meany!

Or you could beat them until they are wallowing in their tears and feces(though that is kinda extreme) and they would acctually regret it.

See, this is why I love this forum. "These people killed someone." "DESTROY THEM UTTERLY!" It's a pretty common theme around here.

And Will_Holmes, you would think so, wouldn't you? But that's what popularity does, people don't care that you're a jerk. If you're established up there, or have money, everyone loves you.

It just amazes me how crap it is to live with 'popular' people sometimes, whose only redeeming quality is that other people are submissive to them. You're either 'unpopular', and get treated like crap by 'popular' people, or you're 'popular' and can't live life how you want. Makes me appreciate how much male cattle excrement society puts it's kids in.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Then to put it in scientific form, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Also, they bragged about it on facebook, and guess what, employer's actually look at that stuff (for good jobs anyway) as it is public knowledge. So in a way they have already sealed their fate.

Because future employers are going to look at Facebook posts from 6+ years ago right? Looking through all of those Farmville level ups is going to be such a great use of their time. I'd say the bragging on Facebook was a reaction to the girl's suicide.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Because future employers are going to look at Facebook posts from 6+ years ago right? Looking through all of those Farmville level ups is going to be such a great use of their time. I'd say the bragging on Facebook was a reaction to the girl's suicide.

Actually they do look at facebook, myspace, etc. Just one picture is all it takes for a single person to loose their job.

wailord.png

Back on topic now...

It's horrible that people treat each other this way. Not so much the suicide, she should have talked to her parents or someone instead of just offing herself, but I'm saying the girl who got pushed up against a locker and punched in the head...No one tried to stop that?

If someone did that at my old high school, we'd make sure she got what she deserved, and if I'd seen that personally, I don't care if she is a female, I'd knock her one. They always tell a boy growing up "don't hit girls" and I live by that. But if you wanna play like the big dogs, you gotta play with the big dogs and take whats coming. My older sister knew this growing up, if she hit us, me and my brother didn't whine and tattle, we fought back. But if we ever started the fight we'd get a spanking, as is only right.

I live as a pacifist, but honestly if it's as disgusting an act as that, theres gotta be some justice brought down, hard.

I don't believe in Karma, but these girls are probably going to end up with AIDS, and honestly I can't say that I'd be sorry. I'd want everything but that to happen to them, but justice is freakin justice

Let me start with this. Within two years, three of my family members have committed suicide. That being said, what the hell was that girl thinking? Seriously, a person like one of the "Mean Girls," who will find any excuse to pick on someone (like being Irish) isn't even worth listening to, because honestly, who gives a [cabbage] what they think? Where will that bullying get them in life?

What does shock me is how they actually got away with it, and how they continued to talk down this girl. If I did happen to bully someone into suicide, I would hang myself too. I would deserve it, and who would miss me?

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

I would care, be insulted, be outraged, whatever, but I have no respect for those who kill themselves over something as stupid as bullying. I've been there, I've been in the exact same position as them. And I decided it was time to nut up or shut up.

At the risk of sounding too +1-ish...

+1.

Suicide over being bullied? Really?

It's not so much the physical things they do that gets to people, it's how they get isolated and surrounded, like a slab of meat dropped in a shark tank. They feel as if they're alone, and won't ever get any sort of help. If it gets to the point that someone attempts to off themselves, it's usually because they were left in that state for a very long time. Surprisingly few people can cope with the feeling that they're viewed by all others as something to laugh at and kept locked away, like a circus freak in a cage. It's also why I get so pissed when I hear of cases like this; it's a simple thing for even one person to remove that feeling. All they need is to make it clear to the person being tormented that they've got backup. Why does nobody develop the balls to even do something as simple as this?

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

I would care, be insulted, be outraged, whatever, but I have no respect for those who kill themselves over something as stupid as bullying. I've been there, I've been in the exact same position as them. And I decided it was time to nut up or shut up.

The kids that off themselves are just as much at blame as the ones that drive them to it, in my eyes. Sad or whatever, but [cabbage] happens. You can't feel horrible about everything that happens. Those girls will be outcasted in their schools for a while - to be honest, anyone who spends all their time mocking others usually isn't very well-liked in high school anyways.

I think that the people who drive the suicides into killing themselves are more to blame, even if the suicide's reaction is a bit over-the-top. You have to remember, this girl was in a completely new school, town, and even country. She probably felt like an outcast as soon as she got there, not when the "mean girls" started bullying her. I'm not saying that it was entirely the "mean girls'" fault or that the girl's suicide was justified, just that the suicide wasn't equally, mostly, or completely the bullied girl's fault.

I think that the "mean girls" deserve a hell of a lot more than they got. They tried to hurt somebody badly over some childish nothingness of a thing, and even if they didn't know that the consequences would be so severe, you reap what you sow (eventually they'll be gotten back, I hope). What amazes me is that even after they prodded a girl into suicide, they continued to talk bad about her and even bully others. What I'm surprised about is that everybody knows and openly acknowledges it and yet continues to do nothing about it.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

the suicide wasn't equally, mostly, or completely the bullied girl's fault.

I will agree that it might not be completely her fault, but it's suicide we're talking about here so she is more to blame than anyone else. Simply put, she made the choice to kill herself. The girls were only manipulating her opinion of her own self worth. What they did to her was disgusting, no doubt, but they did not commit suicide for her. For lack of a better term, they were "peer pressuring" her into believing that she was worthless, and she chose to believe them and act on it. There was always the option of not committing suicide, but that's not what she chose.

That kid needed a big brother :(

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

This makes me sick to my stomach.

I feel so horrible for her. Those bullies really need to be punished. :-X

Edit: Zierro, How can you even say that? Do you know what was going through her head at that time? They broke her and stepped on her pieces. Nothing is worse than that.

Those bullies need to be punished, as said.

dotsj.gif

Minksy0.png

Edit: Zierro, How can you even say that? Do you know what was going through her head at that time? They broke her and stepped on her pieces. Nothing is worse than that.

So what you're telling me is that she didn't make the choice to commit suicide?

As for the claim that nothing is worse than that, let's just say you are very ignorant.

So what you're telling me is that she didn't make the choice to commit suicide?

As for the claim that nothing is worse than that, let's just say you are very ignorant.

There was a choice there. I never said they're wasn't. It's not something to argue about, who would? You don't know what that is like. And obviously are emotionally immature or adept.

As for me being ignorant, I have considered your perspective, But, I have ruled it out as an opinion from someone who doesn't care about anyone but themselves.

Those bullies need to be punished for what they've done. Enough said.

dotsj.gif

Minksy0.png

I agree about the bullies being punished. Maybe you misinterpreted what I said. My point was that, regardless of how horribly she was treated, she is still to blame for making the decision to kill herself. I'm not trying to justify the bullies in any way whatsoever. Burn them for all I care.

There was a choice there. I never said they're wasn't. It's not something to argue about, who would? You don't know what that is like. And obviously are emotionally immature or adept.

As for me being ignorant, I have considered your perspective, But, I have ruled it out as an opinion from someone who doesn't care about anyone but themselves.

Those bullies need to be punished for what they've done. Enough said.

Well said.

Pinning blame on the lass? That's cold. Don't even try to evaluate her mental state under that sort of pressure - The mentally unstable are not directly responsible for their actions.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Well, I'll admit.

It's a topic of controversy. But, one must always remember. She would have not beyond a reasonable doubt thought of committing suicide If those girls accepted her, or even just ignored her. I couldn't blame her. Even one little bit. People in this world really don't care, at least a fair majority. And in her mind, I am willing to bet this post that she had nobody there for her to really talk to about that type of stuff. So in her mind, she probably felt no hope. When you feel no hope, there is just, no point. I think I'm going to be watching this story with care and posting updates.

God Bless to Pheobe~

dotsj.gif

Minksy0.png

Pinning blame on the lass? That's cold. Don't even try to evaluate her mental state under that sort of pressure - The mentally unstable are not directly responsible for their actions.

Is that how you feel about sociopath serial killers who lock up, rape, and torture their victims? Or are the only people on earth who aren't responsible for their actions the suicidal ones?

PS: It's more cold to try and justify it. I am trying to help people understand that they are the dictator of their own choices. They are in control. They are not hopeless. They are the one making the choice. You see, I am trying to get rid of that hopeless feeling that usually triggers suicide, whereas your argument is just reinforcing it.

Is that how you feel about sociopath serial killers who lock up, rape, and torture their victims? Or are the only people on earth who aren't responsible for their actions the suicidal ones?

"Where a person kills or is a party to the killing of another, he shall not be convicted of murder if he was suffering from such abnormality of mind (whether arising from a condition of arrested or [developmentally delayed]ed development of mind or any inherent causes or induced by disease or injury) as substantially impaired his mental responsibility for his acts and omissions in doing or being a party to the killing. "

Examples of conditions held to amount to diminished responsibility:

Perverted sexual desires that created irresistible impulses - R v Byrne (1960)

Depression - R v Gittens (1984) and R v Seers (1985)

Battered Woman Syndrome - R v Hobson (1997) and R v Ahluwalia [1992]

Paranoid psychosis, arising from his upbringing. - R v Sanderson (1994)

Alcoholism or drug addiction - R v Tandy (1989)

Post-natal depression and premenstrual tension can constitute a disease - R v Reynolds (1988)

Extreme jealousy (so called "Othello syndrome" - a state of morbid jealousy for which there is no cause) - R v Vinagre (1979)

Paranoid Personality disorder, thinking he was in greater danger than he was - R v Martin [2003]

PS: It's more cold to try and justify it. I am trying to help people understand that they are the dictator of their own choices. They are in control. They are not hopeless. You see, I am trying to get rid of that hopeless feeling that usually triggers suicide, whereas your argument is just reinforcing it.

Then more power to you. You still shouldn't overlook the impact of their feelings and emotional state; you help people more when you listen to them and are able to empathize with their struggle.

Rock_Hard.png

Diminished responsibility, yes, but I don't see how having "uncontrollable sexual urges" justifies raping/killing someone. Sounds more like a cop-out if anything. That's just a list of excuses that the government gave us. It doesn't really hold any objective credence in our little debate.