Bullied into suicide

TipIt

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a damn shame but kids will be kids and at the end of the day there's nothing you can do.

Bur there is something you can do! Maybe not you or me or us personally, but this is what teachers, counselors, principles, and parents are for.

Bring back fear into authority.

Correction. Bring back fear into punishment. We need people of all kinds to stand up to this [cabbage]. Every single time someone is hurt in any fashion by something like this is without retribution is what I'd call a failure of society. No, this isn't a good world we live in. The reason? People won't get off their lazy [wagon] and do something. Every person who shrugs this off as "not my problem" or "the victim's fault" is no longer human, in my eyes. That's not to mention the people who actually commit these atrocities. You see, I believe with every fiber of my being that I am the worst kind of monster. Why, you may ask? Because I know precisely what I'd do if confronted with this situation. That thing that I'd do being to take the rabid dog who done the act and put their head on a pike in town square. I know it's not right, but I simply don't have the self control in these cases to not go for the most brutal method of punishment possible. At the very least, others who see it might think twice about doing whatever they will. Of course, this is also why I say there needs to be more people willing to stand up; I don't want to go to that extreme, so I need people who will take care of the problem before I get to it.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

I would care, be insulted, be outraged, whatever, but I have no respect for those who kill themselves over something as stupid as bullying. I've been there, I've been in the exact same position as them. And I decided it was time to nut up or shut up.

The kids that off themselves are just as much at blame as the ones that drive them to it, in my eyes. Sad or whatever, but [cabbage] happens. You can't feel horrible about everything that happens. Those girls will be outcasted in their schools for a while - to be honest, anyone who spends all their time mocking others usually isn't very well-liked in high school anyways.

[wagon].

I feel sorry for that girl :(

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Death penalty

[bleep] that.

Free speech.

If people don't like what you say, fine, they can start talking back.

Eventually you'll be shunned, if what you say is such poison. There will be social repercussions.

But being executed for speech is [developmentally delayed]ed.

If someone says something hurtful, talk to them about it and explain why it's wrong. But if you want to kill them for it, maybe go [bleep] yourself.

That's not speech; it's harassment. While I do agree that it would be dumb to hold the girls accountable for Phoebe's death that doesn't mean that what they did was okay.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

It's a damn shame but kids will be kids and at the end of the day there's nothing you can do.

Bur there is something you can do! Maybe not you or me or us personally, but this is what teachers, counselors, principles, and parents are for.

A general rule I've found in all my wisdom is that people dislike being told what to do. Makes 'em rebellious. Like terrorism, the idea of bullying is an ever changing monster. Trying to fight it is like trying to catch smoke with your hands: You'll disrupt it's flow, sure, maybe even catch some of it, but something will slip through (like these girls in this story).

Whoever said it was going to be easy? I'm not asking for perfection from the get-go, I'm asking for people to actually make the attempt. You'd be amazed at what can be done when a large group actually give an earnest effort on something.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

People used to do this to me when i still went to public schools. They didn't get suspended or anything. I left public schools after that and now it is 10x better. *note, it may be worse for me due my Autism*

Weird thing is I live in Mass and i never heard of this.

Tbh, the should be kicked out of school or sent to some sort of detention center for a while, a long while. It isn't *bleep*ing fun for the person being bullied.

Adventure_Time_by_Titan_of_Tacos.png

I was verbally bullied quite badly in Grade 7 and 8- a different bully each year. In both cases I had dated a girl who had recently rejected the guy (my bully) who asked her, thus they decided to take out their angst of getting rejected on me. In retrospect it really was stupid of me not to tell anyone about it, I feared being labelled as a "tatal-taler" (how the hell do you spell that anyways?), a "rat", a "snitch", any name that would suit me as someone who reported their problems to those of higher authority- this was allegedly considered "uncool" in those days.

It's terrible to hear about cases such as these where the victim chooses death over life.

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

A general rule I've found in all my wisdom is that people dislike being told what to do. Makes 'em rebellious. Like terrorism, the idea of bullying is an ever changing monster. Trying to fight it is like trying to catch smoke with your hands: You'll disrupt it's flow, sure, maybe even catch some of it, but something will slip through (like these girls in this story).

Whoever said it was going to be easy? I'm not asking for perfection from the get-go, I'm asking for people to actually make the attempt. You'd be amazed at what can be done when a large group actually give an earnest effort on something.

The bottome line is that these kids will do whatever they want, no amount of people will change that. If they can't do it at school they'll do it somewhere else. Unless it gets to the point where "Big Brother is watching" everything we do, there's no way to stop it except to try and encourage kids like this to not be so mean to people, but even then it's their choice.

There's two problems persisting on this: parents and the school. The parents of the bullies probably are a bit violent, or are never at home, or just are [wagon]. Without proper teaching of the child (respect and fear, not respect and trust; kids won't "trust" ya) you cannot control his/hers basic morals and choices.

Secondly, the school. Because they lack "evidence" to punish the bully as he should, they give him a minor slap on the wrist and let him go. Whereas, say, if a person broke dress code and refused to give up his hat, he'll have to be suspended and sent to a City Judge.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Karma is a [bleep]. And I bet Karma has an arsenal of hell for these disgusting students that caused a life to be lost.

For some reason I'm reminded of 4chan going after the guy that abused the cat...

4chan isn't human... remember.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Karma is a [bleep]. And I bet Karma has an arsenal of hell for these disgusting students that caused a life to be lost.

For some reason I'm reminded of 4chan going after the guy that abused the cat...

But in that case I have to applaud them.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Sadly, this kind of thing happens a lot, all over the world. When you put a lot of people in a relatively small place for a long time, an isolated social structure emerges. When those people happen to be children, the social structure will rely on the primal instincts of the most aggressive and dominant. It's like gravity, if you let go of a ball at the top of a hill, it takes a lot of effort to stop it rolling towards the bottom. In this case, we have a situation where each person is trying to keep 25 balls from rolling down the hill at the same time. This is inevitable unless we have more people supporting children in school, especially helping those who are juggling far too many children.

On the other hand, surely these 'girls' will no longer be acceptable in the eyes of the other kids? I'd expect people to gang up on them and fight them for what they did. Not that I condone violence, it's just that it's what I'd expect to happen.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I love how everyone thinks that the people that do things like this will eventually be shunned. I don't know what the rest of the country is like, but that sure isn't the case here.

Anyway, maybe not execution, but certainly have some form of harsh non physical punishment.

HARSH non physical punishment? Like this?

You are such a terrible person! You should feel so bad about yourself! Why would you do something like that! You are such a meany!

Or you could beat them until they are wallowing in their tears and feces(though that is kinda extreme) and they would acctually regret it.

See, this is why I love this forum. "These people killed someone." "DESTROY THEM UTTERLY!" It's a pretty common theme around here.

And Will_Holmes, you would think so, wouldn't you? But that's what popularity does, people don't care that you're a jerk. If you're established up there, or have money, everyone loves you.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

You ordered a karmic arsenal of hell. Doesn't need to be human :D

I love how some people for the last four pages have nothing but 2 or 3 word answers that they think are deep and meaningful, essentially thinking they are masters of of giving insight hence uncovering some great, hidden "truth".

Some Oscar Wilde [cabbage] dis, yo !

When really, it's nothing more than empty platitudes.

Welcome to society.

So we should let these things happen because thats just how it is?

It's pretty much impossible to solve as a single person. No matter how much effort you put in, there's always going to be alot more that will continue the "trend" of popularity while many others simply ignore and mind their own business.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Unfortunately, this doesn't surprise me at all. And I know compared to some people's problems, bullying is nothing - but it affected the girl and the fact is, it shouldn't have happened at all. You can argue that she was weak, whatever, but she shouldn't have even had to put up with it. Sadly, though, in my experience, teachers or parents either make things worse or don't even bother to try. I really hope those girls feel guilty. :/ They may not now, but I hope they will one day.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

Welcome to society.

So we should let these things happen because thats just how it is?

It's pretty much impossible to solve as a single person. No matter how much effort you put in, there's always going to be alot more that will continue the "trend" of popularity while many others simply ignore and mind their own business.

Which is precisely why I say we need to get more people to work on this. While one person can't do a whole lot, the more people that you have working at something, the more effective each individual's effort is going to be. We just need some method of combining efforts.

No direct proof, and they don't want it to seem like a knee-jerk reaction to appease the wolves at the gate. Well, either that or they're still having problems trying to even process this whole scenario. Either way, it's unfair to really expect the faculty to be able to do much. For one, they can't be around the kids the entire time, especially off of school grounds. Also, even if they could, there's only so much that a person of such a status can do in these situations. While it's unlikely that there weren't at least a few weak links in that particular chain, I don't think the blame for this falls solely on the faculty. The real culprits are, without a doubt, two groups. Firstly, the "girls" themselves. If they weren't such inhuman [wagon] then that girl might still be alive right now. Secondly, the students who saw the torment being laid on the victim and did nothing. More often than not in these cases, if even one person steps up to the plate, then the person enduring this won't feel so hopeless and abandoned that they'd view suicide as the best course of action. Perhaps if the little monsters who done this were to have been reprimanded by the students for their actions when it started, it wouldn't have ended in such a fashion.

I don't understand why the school didn't expel them.

Legal nonsense.

It's kinda sad how this happens sooo much and it just HAS to take a loss of life for the whole world to go "OMG BULLYING IS SERIOUS STUFF". Then after a while later, we forget the crap about it, and 2-3 years later, the same thing repeats in a vicious never-ending cycle. :sad:

I don't understand why the school didn't expel them.

Legal nonsense.

It's kinda sad how this happens sooo much and it just HAS to take a loss of life for the whole world to go "OMG BULLYING IS SERIOUS STUFF". Then after a while later, we forget the crap about it, and 2-3 years later, the same thing repeats in a vicious never-ending cycle. :sad:

2-3 years? God no. I can bet someone commits suicide from bullying at least once a week. The media simply a] doesn't pick up on it, b] it's not shock horror enough. Those girls didn't get expelled? Quick, in go the media to despair about human society for a main story on the news/paper whilst in many poor countries even worse atrocities are happening. But that's just the way the media works...