Gems from Monsters

Asmodeous4

So yeah, I'm F2P and would like to get my Crafting up a bit whilst not spending a crapload of money, so no hides etc. I'm also training my combat stats quite a bit recently, so I'm wondering, which F2P Monster has a good experience rate and drops a good amount of gems. I know Flesh Crawlers drop a fair amount but I hate the lack of bones, seeing as I want a higher Prayer Level. My Combat is 77 if it helps. Thanks in advance.

Cutting gems to train crafting is aweful xp.

Only 50 - 100xp a gem, so beyond about lvl 15 you're talking thousands upon thousands of gems per level.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Cutting gems to train crafting is aweful xp.

Only 50 - 100xp a gem, so beyond about lvl 15 you're talking thousands upon thousands of gems per level.

Oh yeah I know, I'm gonna make amulets etc. I know it's nto great exp but I want to. You didn't really answer my question now, did you.

All monsters have the same gem drop rate (if they drop gems) how many you get is a mixture of luck and how many other drops they have. So you can't really say get them from x

The only sure fire way to get gems enmass is via gem rocks in shilo village, but as a f2p you can't use them.

Also you contradicted yourself if you are going to make amulets etc you are gonna spend a crap load as gold costs alot and the made up items are worthless even enchanted, which F2P can't do (if i recall rightly)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So yeah, I'm F2P and would like to get my Crafting up a bit whilst not spending a crapload of money, so no hides etc. I'm also training my combat stats quite a bit recently, so I'm wondering, which F2P Monster has a good experience rate and drops a good amount of gems. I know Flesh Crawlers drop a fair amount but I hate the lack of bones, seeing as I want a higher Prayer Level. My Combat is 77 if it helps. Thanks in advance.

I did a Bestiary search for you here using the keyword "gems". It is sorted by non-members. This at least might be of some use in narrowing down the monster you want to kill.

I did a Bestiary search for you here using the keyword "gems". It is sorted by non-members. This at least might be of some use in narrowing down the monster you want to kill.

Okay, thanks. I'll have a trawl through, forgot about the Bestiary. ^^

Also, I simply didn't see the point in him answering me if he didn't have anything particularly relevant to my question. But nevermind now, I'll have a look through the Bestiary. Thanks again.

All monsters have the same gem drop rate (if they drop gems) how many you get is a mixture of luck and how many other drops they have. So you can't really say get them from x

The only sure fire way to get gems enmass is via gem rocks in shilo village, but as a f2p you can't use them.

Also you contradicted yourself if you are going to make amulets etc you are gonna spend a crap load as gold costs alot and the made up items are worthless even enchanted, which F2P can't do (if i recall rightly)

They have the same gem drop rate? Really, I definitely haven't noticed that in my RS "Adventures".

Also, sorry if I didn't explain myself properly. I will be training combat and think that getting some gem drops and getting my Crafting and Magic up would be useful, seeing as they are quite low at the moment. I just thought it would be a nice little addition to constantly killing the same, poor old monsters.

Gold bars are only like 100gp each, f2p can enchant and from my experience different monsters have totally different gem dropping rates. Where do you pull this information from?

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

Gorak's drop a lot of gems, about 1/2 of the time they drop one. Those are your best option for gems, i think.

Other than the fact he is f2p and Goraks are p2p.

And my first response was perfectly related to you're question, even if it wasn't an answer you wanted. You said (paraphrasing) I want to train crafting by cutting gems, what can I kill to get gems.

My point was perfectly valid as it was cutting gem is not a good way to train crafting due to rubbish xp.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Gorak's drop a lot of gems, about 1/2 of the time they drop one. Those are your best option for gems, i think.

Other than the fact he is f2p and Goraks are p2p.

And my first response was perfectly related to you're question, even if it wasn't an answer you wanted. You said (paraphrasing) I want to train crafting by cutting gems, what can I kill to get gems.

My point was perfectly valid as it was cutting gem is not a good way to train crafting due to rubbish xp.

Okay, sorry for the snappy response, I'm on a bit of a short fuse today and I didn't explain my question very well. You guys are just trying to help and I thank you for it.

I'd recommend buying cut gems

I really recommend you do not cut gems if you're f2p. uncut gems are worth alot more, and it's not worth the crafting xp for the money.

Just buy cut gems + gold bars and make jewelry with it

As for combat, do whatever is good xp and drops, not necessarily something that drops alot of gems

Currently sapphire amulets earn 500k gp/hour + 90k crafting xp per hour if you buy the bars and cut sapphires

I recommend you do that, but keep an eye on the economy to see which pieces of jewelry are the best.

my point is you'll get more combat xp + money + crafting xp in the long run if you just buy the gems + gold bars, instead of fighting monsters for the specific purpose of getting gems to train crafting with

Naaxi.png

I really recommend you do not cut gems if you're f2p. uncut gems are worth alot more, and it's not worth the crafting xp for the money.

As for combat, do whatever is good xp and drops, not necessarily something that drops alot of gems

Currently sapphire amulets earn 500k gp/hour + 90k crafting xp per hour if you buy the bars and cut sapphires

I recommend you do that, but keep an eye on the economy to see which pieces of jewelry are the best.

my point is you'll get more combat xp + money + crafting xp in the long run if you just buy the gems + gold bars, instead of fighting monsters for the specific purpose of getting gems to train crafting with

Wait, so you're saying buying the gold bars and the uncuts sapphires, making amulets (strung I assume) will earn a profit? Blimey, that's a nuggest of info I didn't know about. Thanks.

Also evil_eye, I've apologised, I'm sorry. I wasn't that "balanced" when I responded, no need to make me feel like more of a [wagon].

Just go mine them at Shilo Village. Get Karamja Gloves 3 too. They help alot enabling you to use the ladder to the underground gem mine as well :)

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

Wait, so you're saying buying the gold bars and the uncuts sapphires, making amulets (strung I assume) will earn a profit? Blimey, that's a nuggest of info I didn't know about. Thanks.

Also evil_eye, I've apologised, I'm sorry. I wasn't that "balanced" when I responded, no need to make me feel like more of a [wagon].

gold bars and the CUT sapphires and making amulets (strung and unstrung are the same price) will earn a profit

Naaxi.png

Just go mine them at Shilo Village. Get Karamja Gloves 3 too. They help alot enabling you to use the ladder to the underground gem mine as well :)

He can't do that...he's f2p

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

3rd and 4th words in his post were" I´m F2p", maybe you should try reading the topic or atleast the first post...

Anyhows, as has been said go kill monsters with decent drops or make money the best way you can and then buy better, quicker experience. Gems are rather slow.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

gold bars and the CUT sapphires and making amulets (strung and unstrung are the same price) will earn a profit

Ah, just checked up on GE and see you are right. Thanks a load mate. New Crafting levels here I come ^^

Ok, I might help you a bit since I had the same concern you have (my lowest level is crafting, only 74).

1) I can say for sure that zombies (lvl 30 in stronghold of security) drop around 3-4 uncuts (usualy emeralds and rubies) per hour (at least for my level) and minotaurs drop 2-3 uncuts (usualy sapphires) per hour.

2) The best way for you to increase your crafting and combat is by kiling monsters with nice drops and good xp and then to use the money you earn to make amulets. I would recomend you something like dark wizzards, 50-100k gp per hour, 15-25k xp per hour (both for your lvl) or hill giants - around 30k gp per hour (if you don't burry the bones) and about 15-25k xp.

3) Due to merchers, prices on ge are changing constantly, so when you decide to craft, check the prices in advance. You can do this also when training, just take a glance at the ge database and if you see any oportunity, take advantage of it. Always buy only the things you can due in that day and sell them before you log out, because you can never know how much what you were doing will cost tomorrow. For example, a week or so ago I've made about 2k of ruby amulet (buying the gold bars and cut rubies) and i was able to earn 130k per hour and to make 53k xp per hour.

Hope it helped!

In decadence I take thee by the hand

too frail... to gain the promised land

too frail... to take your pain away

too frail... a sequel of decay

Note that demand for unstrungs is higher since a major levelling spell in P2P is String Jewellery.

I'll bear that in mind, thanks mate.

Note that his note is a bit misleading. People sometime use this spell when amulet prices allow, the assumption its good drives prices up and stops people doing it.

The vast majority prefer humidify as it makes guaranteed profit.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Note that demand for unstrungs is higher since a major levelling spell in P2P is String Jewellery.

I'll bear that in mind, thanks mate.

Note that his note is a bit misleading. People sometime use this spell when amulet prices allow, the assumption its good drives prices up and stops people doing it.

The vast majority prefer humidify as it makes guaranteed profit.

Yeah I noticed that they took a while to sell. But they did sell, I don't think I'll do them in masses, don't have the money to at the moment.