Godsword Requirements Too Low?

vettro

For the most powerful weapons in the game I think godsword requirements are too low. 75 is the highest requirement (I know PVP weapons) to wield a melee weapon. I think there should be a weapon with requirements something in the 85-90 range. The godsword should have been that weapon. Instead of a true high level weapon we now have level 100s and lower wielding Armadyl godswords. There is not enough respect for a godsword, making the requirements much higher would bring back the respect for the wielder and reduce the amount of, "OMGZZZ! A GODSWORD! CAN I BORROW IT? I GIVE U 5K!" All you really need to own a godsword is money. Now that Jagex has made godswords so powerful, they will have a very difficult time making a high level melee weapon in the 90s requirement range without it becoming overpowered (something most people complain about current godswords).

As for the new updates with high level slayer requirements; I love them. I do not have a high slayer level, nor a high combat level. But I like it when Jagex makes something cool for people with high stats and ignore the noobs screaming, "I want one too!" Enough low level updates, more harder quests, more higher requirements, reward the people who have trained to high levels, and give us noobs something to train for.

vettro.png

Requirements and costs must balance on.

While a few lowish levels do have them, not alot do as they cant afford them.

Heck everyone is my clan is pretty much lvl 100+ and only 4 or 5 of the rich froobs have gs

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Meh being able to wield a godsword doesn't instantly make you very strong or something, low levels suck at combat whether they have godsword or not. Especially since most godswords are best used at higher leveled things.

2dvjurb.png

When Godswords were introduced they were the most unattainable weapons in the game and had the highest requirements to obtain. Although they are not what they used to be just remember that jagex makes the majority of their updates for the runescape of the current day.

The same thing happened to legendary rune armor, dragon armor and now godsword's are getting their slice of the pie.

75 attack was high back then and if it had been 80 or 85 then they just limit themselves for future without making it seem too much more powerful.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the requirements are low at all. My friend is raging at me because he can't wield Godswords. I laugh at him though. :lol:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

No, you have an error in your statistics. The most powerful weapon in the game requires 70, not 75 attack.

Does anyone else find it sad that the whip, after 5 years, is still the best weapon in the game?

Why fix what's not broken?

The reason they made the requirement so "low" is because they want room to add lvl 80 or 90 weapons in the future, and then lvl 80 will be too low, etc.

make them tradable...but unlendable.....problem solved!

You still need 75 Attack, problem not solved

the unlendability would solve the problem of any idiot who has 5k+ obtaining one. As for the 75atk req, well, it isn't too high and isn't too low. If people are going to whine about that req then they're probably also gonna whine about the fact that the whip has a 70atk req yet it is one of the most popular weopens in the game....saying they should increase the req for that to 85atk...

div>

Lets turn it like this. Why would 75 be too low? I picked up some arguements from your starting post and...

For the most powerful weapons in the game I think godsword requirements are too low. 75 is the highest requirement (I know PVP weapons) to wield a melee weapon. I think there should be a weapon with requirements something in the 85-90 range.

In other words, you're saying that they are the most powerful weapons (that's an argueable statement by the way. I personally disagree.) and because of that they should require higher level reqs. Same time you're saying there should be a weapon at the range of 85-90. Notice the lining: a weapon does not equal to godsword. By changing over a year old (or is it 2 already?) weapon that much would in my opinion make no sense at all. First of all it was put there for a reason: it was the highest requirement at the time. If you really need a weapon to the "top level range", you should in my opinion make a totally new weapon.

Not to mention just because sometimes is the "best", it doesn't mean it should be automaticly at the top level category. It took us half a decade to get an agility course to 90+. Mining still stops at 85. Runecrafting stops at 77 as much as attack stops at 75. By having requirements rising step by step Jagex makes it possible to give us new high level content all the time without leaving the caps there. Mod Mark just talked about similar thing with quest reqs: you can't have too high jumps with them either. With items it's a similar thing: for ages a dragon med was THE helmet. It was the most wanted, had the highest reqs and it was worth 50 times more than now, without even including the fact that 3m was more back in then than now. Same happened with rune 2handers, dragon battle axes, dragon long swords and so on. Just because an item is now the best, it doesn't mean it should be it forever.

Instead of a true high level weapon we now have level 100s and lower wielding Armadyl godswords.

And? What's the problem with that, we even have lvl 100s and below with slayer capes. We have lvl 100s and lower with 99 melee skills. Even if we had a weapon that required 99 attack, we'd see people with under 100 combat wearing them. Not often, but still. Plus if the "best weapon" can be worn by lvl 3s, is it away from you? Does it make you somehow a worse player? No, your attack level still helps you to use the weapon.

All you really need to own a godsword is money.

Not quite. You also need roughly 1,2m attack xp, which is quite a lot, especially at lower levels. Not to mention you need at least some millions of str xp to get any benefits from the sword. At lvl 70 str a GS is more or less as useful as an electrical toothbrush at Haiti. Or "just money"? Yea, the cheapest gs's mid price is 25,2m at the moment and they are rising again. Lets do some maths:

1.2m att xp + 3.25m str xp (lvl 85) = 4.45m xp

at 45k/h it takes roughly 10 hours. 45k/h is also really over-estimating, seeing you just CAN'T get even close to that speed at lower levels and even at higher levels it might take a lot of concentration. Especially because we haven't counted def to this, the speed is really fast. In reality we could multiply that with at least 2, meaning 20 hours of combat training. Add in bankings, selling loot, getting food, etc and I'd say around 22-25 hours.

Now, you have some wealth from training. Lets say you need around 20m more. How much can you make an hour without having any other proper stats than melees? 500k? 800k? At 800k per hour (I assume you know that isn't easy without skills) you'd spend 25 hours getting the 20m. At 500k per hour it would be 40 hours. How long would an AGS take then? For many people it is out of reach.

In other words, just to get the cheapest godsword and reasonable stats you have to spend tens, more than likely hundreds of hours in game. I personally don't see any problem if some people try to get some money back by letting others use your gs for a cost or if someone doesn't want to work for 100 hours to get his very own AGS. Not to mention without working for your own, you don't get certain benefits: you won't be able to pk with it or do monster hunting whenever you want.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

One more point. You have 80 attack and strength. I feel that the godsword should be reserved for top level players. I request that the godsword require 135 combat at 99 attack and strength.

How does that feel to you? Your point is just the same: "hurr durr i got 5 moar levels than them 100 combat n00bz godsword is onlee for meeeeeee"

One more point. You have 80 attack and strength. I feel that the godsword should be reserved for top level players. I request that the godsword require 135 combat at 99 attack and strength.

How does that feel to you? Your point is just the same: "hurr durr i got 5 moar levels than them 100 combat n00bz godsword is onlee for meeeeeee"

and while you're at it, make an added req be that you must have at least 20 skill capes, and the quest cape...would that make the req's fair enough?...lol

div>

Maybe increase it to 80 attack and str but having it 90+ would annoy pures with 75atk and quite alot people cant afford a godsword me being one. and they might bring out a new wep or something so they are keeping there options open i dont think the godsword should be too high stats to wield because then hardly no one will have and they will end up dropping in price because no one can wield one

When the godswords first came out I thought it was really odd that they didn't require 80 attack. But I guess when the new lvl 80-90 equipment comes out it won't make a difference.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I think they're kinda low, Really, for being the "best" weapon on the game, I think the requirements sohould be at least lvl 80-85+.

/\ /\ /\

|| || ||

Limit line of the post.

No need to read this.

I think they're kinda low, Really, for being the "best" weapon on the game, I think the requirements sohould be at least lvl 80-85+.

At one point the whips (IMO still) were the best weapons and they require a hefty 70 att. Or what about the times when dragon weapons were the top ones and required 60 att? Or if we go enough back in time, runite@40. If we go still more back in time, you could wear the best weapons and armours without any levels. Why should we now rush to the top with weapons that already exist?

Plus if you really wanted to make something "not for nubz0rz", even 99 att+99str only req would be too low imo.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

• 2 weeks later...

Keep it weildable at 75 att.

Only allow use of the spec after you've killed the respective boss and have 80-85 att.

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

No, I think that 75 is a reasonable level. i prefer to use a whip & defender anyway, so I hardly see why the level requirements should be higher.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

status symbols are for fools and wannabes

who cares what the req's are, or baddies borrowing them to look cool?

if you're awesome, you know you're awesome - thats all that matters

i'm awesome.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Considering that the average person with 75 attack doesn't have nearly enough money for a Godsword....and furthermore, it's not that amazing. At lower attack levels you might just not often enough for it to be worth it. I have an SGS but I only use it for the special attack and bosses.

Most of the time I use a whip.

And come to think of it, the guy who pointed out that after apparently 5 years (I think it might be more, I thought I've been playing for 5 years and I'm pretty sure slayer was out when I started) is either the best or tied for the best melee weapon in ze game.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

you're probably a maxed out combat character thats why you think low lvls are using it.

lvl 100 cb is actually very high and takes a long time and much effort to get,

also 75 attack is a very high skill, they definetly deserve the godsword when they reach that level.